Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was this a glitch?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i dont think the armadodo event is nearly as bad as the Qbird event.

probably wouldnt do much damage if it hit and maybe you got lucky but didnt see miss?

if the armadodo hit and left you alive then it missing isnt too different. i dont really remember its strength.

(though tbh with 8 its kinda hard to beat it properly with how broken it is)

oh yeah.. how much damage does a 250 Qbird do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    That sucks, man. It sounds like the only way you'd be satisfied would be to restart the game again. At least the point you're at isn't too far into the game.
    Well I told myself that too, but then I realised, if I start the game again, something else may (and probably will) happen, because my mind is that paranoid about glitches that it is inevitable. It happens every time I play a game these days.

Also, I'm quite far into the game now anyway - I have just got Tonberry Gf, and am about to go to Trabia Garden, well into disc 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    i dont think the armadodo event is nearly as bad as the Qbird event.

probably wouldnt do much damage if it hit and maybe you got lucky but didnt see miss?

if the armadodo hit and left you alive then it missing isnt too different. i dont really remember its strength.

oh yeah.. how much damage does a 250 Qbird do?
    I guess with the Qbird thing, I partly had control. Yes the slow down/lag was not my fault, but I still chose to boost to 250. (I can't remember how much damage that does btw).

Whereas the armadodo thing was a) 100% not my fault, b) not even certain it happened, and c) like you said, it probably wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Because I still had plenty of health, and straight after I saved and used a tent anyway. Plus the attack doesn't even do that much damage really.

Is this all reasonable to say?

I hope my mind lets me 'count' this and I can get past this madness.

I've heard people say this before. Just curious, what makes 8 broken?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
    I've heard people say this before. Just curious, what makes 8 broken?
    Using Modding and Junctioning you can become unbeatable from very early on. For example, once you get GF Siren, learn L-Mag-Refine - buy 10 tents - refine into 100 Curagas - put onto Squall's health. That's it. You've beaten FFVIII.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

None of those are glitches, though. You're being rewarded for picking skills to learn manually rather than just going with what the game auto selects. You're rewarded for playing smart, if you will. There is nothing improper about it.

Curaga isn't even a very good spell for it, seeing as you'd be cannibalizing your hp in order to heal yourself. There are tons of spells you can get to really boost your stats that are available from triple triad, but the thing is, all this time spent on learning specific skills and acquiring specific spells isn't really worse than running around in circles and gaining exp in other games. It's just a different approach. Triple Triad doesn't take 0 seconds to win. The cards you need to win aren't just found in infinite amounts in your inventory. There's still a time:strength ratio in place that isn't really all that extreme compared to many other games.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ok either I'm going crazy, or I witnessed a second glitch.

Basically, last time I got my seeD salary, I was seeD level 30. Then, my next salary after that, it said level A back down to 30!

I didn't go up to A from 30 the time before that!

Or did I? Maybe I'm going crazy and not noticing things?

(I was in Shumi village at the time)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My game did that every time I got paid. I have no idea why it happens.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
    Ok either I'm going crazy, or I witnessed a second glitch.

Basically, last time I got my seeD salary, I was seeD level 30. Then, my next salary after that, it said level A back down to 30!

I didn't go up to A from 30 the time before that!

Or did I? Maybe I'm going crazy and not noticing things?

(I was in Shumi village at the time)

THERES LEVELS AFTER 5!!??

this glitch sounds useless. like just a word error, did it change your money in a way you wouldnt have had if it didnt glitch?

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's not a glitch. Certain story events give you SeeD level ups that you don't know about until you either just check it in the menu or get your next salary. The Shumi Village sidequest is one such event. Other examples include doing the rocket base mission without messing up and also beating Ultima Weapon.