Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens New Trailer (#3)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens New Trailer (#3)

Looking good. I like where they seem to be going with the story. I also like that I see CGI in places that makes sense for it. It's also refreshing to see Harrison Ford back as Solo. I thought it would look awkward like Indiana Jones sort of did, but he looked very comfortable here. The new cast looks fun, as well. All in all, it probably won't touch the old trilogy, and no one really should expect that anyway, but it's looking like it it will be a fun movie. Gotta be better than the prequels, right?
    Last edited by Sephex; 10-20-2015 at 05:05 AM. Reason: The Phantom edit!

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're working pretty hard to recapture the feel of the original trilogy, which I love. Even going as far as relying on practical effects and shooting on location to do it.

I read they're predicting the movie will gross more than Avatar. I so want it to.

Blah! Christmas needs to get here already! (Never thought I'd say that)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've had dreams about this movie for the past two nights. In the first one (before the trailer was released), the movie was super boring and all about old Princess Leia going to various committee meetings, which were shown in their entirety. Also in that dream I thought Fred Savage was the son of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. In the second dream, the movie was nonstop action with no plot or characterization. It was basically Star Wars: Fury Road.

I don't think either of those dreams will come to reality based on this trailer. The movie looks great and Han's lines gave me chills. Also Rey says she's a 'nobody' but I have a feeling she's not. Some of these characters have to be somebody's kids and it's now all about speculating who! Also, I have a devious suspicion about Kylo Ren that is of an Empire Strikes Back level of game changer.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm stupidly excited... even more so now.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The music gives me chills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Also, I have a devious suspicion about Kylo Ren that is of an Empire Strikes Back level of game changer.
    Yes, someone seems to be absent from all the trailers and posters so far.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

His hand was in there touching R2!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I love the fact they haven't given any spoilers whatsoever to what the movie is about. That's pretty rare when it comes to movie trailers these days.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Exactly. If there is one thing this Star Wars movie is doing correctly, it is giving it a proper trailer. Most trailers these days are basically a cliff notes version of what actually happens. This trailer gives good info, pumps up people to see the film, but doesn't give key things away. It makes people speculate and wonder what is going on instead of simply going, "Here are some plot points and key scenes! SEE THE MOVIE!!!"

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It helps when people will see the movie regardless of what they put out.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Sets? Locations? Actors using blocking? A camera that moves? Frame composition?

What sorcery is this?
    I like Kung-Fu.

I went back and watched the Prequel trilogy trailers, just to make sure that I'm not being blinded by nostalgia and this is actually being handled in a more competent way.

I was not disappointed. The trailers for the prequels are so laughably bad - looking back we really should have seen it coming. They're scarcely even trailers, more like plot summaries that spoil the entire movie.

Force Awakens looks great. I just get the feeling that... they get it, you know? I don't know if it'll be as good as the OT... but if not I don't think it'll miss by much. Just look at the last shot of the trailer where Finn and Kylo Ren start fighting - the look of terror on Boyega's face is amazing. It instantly tells me two things. 1) They have very good actors in this movie. 2) They have good direction in this movie. This tweet/gif kinda sums up my thoughts in a lot of ways: https://twitter.com/letshugbro/statu...68731887636480

P.S. Is it possible to embed tweets on this forum? o.O
    Last edited by Fox; 10-21-2015 at 02:05 PM.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

In fairness, the prequels had good actors too (even poor old Hayden Christensen isn't THAT bad outside of these movies), it's just mainly they were defeated by the material and having to act in front of green screens incessantly. That tweet is harsh on Natalie Portman.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    In fairness, the prequels had good actors too (even poor old Hayden Christensen isn't THAT bad outside of these movies), it's just mainly they were defeated by the material and having to act in front of green screens incessantly. That tweet is harsh on Natalie Portman.
    Agreed - as the author says in one of his responses, it's not necessarily her fault, but there's no denying the end result wasn't exactly the best.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not a Star Wars fan but this trout looks amazing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't been excited to see a movie in theaters in a while and now I am EXCITED