Page 238 of 240 FirstFirst ... 138188218228232233234235236237238239240 LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3592

Thread: What are you playing right now?

"Final Fantasy" on the Famicom
    (I have been learning Japanese for several years, and video games are fun reading practice material).

I have had a bit of a Solo Challenge project lately - where class changes have been allowed - and I have finished Fighter (very easy), Red Mage (easy) and Black Belt (rough, but fairly easy, mostly later in the game, when Black Belt got crazy fist attacks thanks to extra hits).
    I started White Mage a while ago, and that guy definitely heavily relies on the RUSE spell, which is actually incredibly useful against physical attacks;
    I threw that spell 3 times during the fight against Garland, at LV5, and he didn't hit me a single time after that.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Went back to playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms series by Koei!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Potion Craft was enjoyable but by the end it felt tedious because it was just so very, very repetitive. There's basically only one thing to do in the game and once you have it figured out, that's it. Glad I got it via Xbox Game Pass for PC so I didn't have to pay for it on Steam though.

Tried out Bugsnax and honestly it seems pretty fun but for some reason I just didn't get caught up into it, and haven't touched it since the first few hours I spent. Maybe I'll play it more later on.

The Case of the Golden Idol was interesting and good quality. Worth getting on sale, though, not sure it justifies a full price.

I Was a Teenage Exocolonist was really cool, and I played through the story a few times. I didn't get a "perfect run" and lost interest in doing so after a third play-through (if you follow a guide it's easy but I didn't). Very good replayability because the game is designed with being replayed in mind, so each of my three runs gave me a unique story for both my character and the world around me. Definitely aim to play through it more than once if you get it.

Crying Suns I finished just last night, and it was a fun FTL-styled game. I still probably prefer Space Haven more than FTL and Crying Suns, but Crying Suns beats Space Haven and FTL for story/lore quite easily, while still keeping up the quality in all other areas. Worth playing if you enjoy roguelite space travelling games for sure.

Just started Ys I. Very early in so yet to know if I enjoy it yet. The battle system is... very basic, so far. I like the book that keeps notes on every NPC you meet. I always love games that reward things like that.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I've been playing Legend of Mana. I started it a couple years ago and played it for a little bit. I had to restart because I forgot what I was doing and this game doesn't tell you anything.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    I've been playing Legend of Mana. I started it a couple years ago and played it for a little bit. I had to restart because I forgot what I was doing and this game doesn't tell you anything.
    My fav of the series!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Potion Craft was enjoyable but by the end it felt tedious because it was just so very, very repetitive. There's basically only one thing to do in the game and once you have it figured out, that's it. Glad I got it via Xbox Game Pass for PC so I didn't have to pay for it on Steam though.
    ...is it craft potions?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

HOW DID YOU KNOW

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Playing Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Eiyuden Chonicles Rising

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    My fav of the series!!
    I'm thirty quests in and I have no idea what's going on. There's this questline going on about this jewelthief where they introduced this guy and immediately killed him. And there's this other questline where the furries and fairies and demons teamed up with a demon who wants to destroy the world. But not really cause he just wants to be with this nun, but this asshole keeps attacking him cause he's demon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My fav of the series!!
    I'm thirty quests in and I have no idea what's going on. There's this questline going on about this jewelthief where they introduced this guy and immediately killed him. And there's this other questline where the furries and fairies and demons teamed up with a demon who wants to destroy the world. But not really cause he just wants to be with this nun, but this asshole keeps attacking him cause he's demon.
    I just got the remaster myself last Christmas, I need to do a new playthrough.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Played a bit of Dwarf Fortress for a while, the new Steam version seems like a positive step overall. Currently playing Rimworld though.

I find I get far more attached to individual characters in Rimworld when compared with DF. The world of DF is way more broad and varied, but the easy modding of Rimworld can really allow it to catch up a lot in that area, too. I would kill for a "perfect mix" of these two but I know such a thing won't exist for years because quite frankly anything catching up to DF in complexity would take a notably large scale effort.

But damn, if DF and Rimworld were to be merged it would be genuinely peak gaming for me, as I love colony sims just as much as I love Final Fantasy games.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    My fav of the series!!
    Omg!? It is out. Read a news on it a few years back!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My fav of the series!!
    Yeah, it came out in 2021.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My fav of the series!!
    Yeah, it came out in 2021.
    There is even an anime on the game!