Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Music Opinions

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    *In terms of Tool albums, I really do like Aenima like most folks, but I think both 10,000 Days and Lateralus are better albums.
    That's an unpopular opinion? I'm not sure I've met anyone who thinks Aenima was better than Lateralus (which is a damn near perfect album in my opinion). I've seen lot's who don't really dig 10,000 days though, but musically I think it has their strongest songs by far. It's just not as cohesive and thought provoking an album as Lateralus, but I still like it more than Aenima.

But keeping on Tool for a moment, a lot of people seem to like Undertow and it was probably the album that really broke things open for them and helped them define their direction as a band. And I hate it. Seriously, it has two songs I like and the rest make me want to never listen to the album again. In fact, I started with Lateralus as my first album and worked my way backwards to Aenima and then Undertow. Almost didn't bother with Opiate because of it which would have been a shame.
    Most Tool fans get really irate if yo don't say your favorite album is Aenima. At least in my experience. However, I will concede that I have seen more people say Lateralus in recent years. I also agree with you on Undertow. Sober is a fantastic song. There was another song I liked on there too, but I can't remember the title. Otherwise it is a very forgettable album.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh. I actually really enjoy Taylor Swift. I don't get all grumpy about her music or persona, I just think her music is fun.

Lot of people like to trash her for whatever reason. That's more popular with people i know than not.
    the big issue people have with her is they think it's cool to make fun of her. I am guessing most maybe heard a few songs but never listened to her really. Since she is famous she is a easy target for their attacks where she can't really fire back. I heard a few songs from her that honestly I didn't mind. It's not my cup of tea but she writes all her own music and performs it so give props where props are due I say.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I like Led Zeppelin's sound fine, but I can't get into Robert Plant's vocal style.

I like a lot of different vocal styles too. Something about his man-gasms just kill a lot of their songs for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I like Led Zeppelin's sound fine, but I can't get into Robert Plant's vocal style.

I like a lot of different vocal styles too. Something about his man-gasms just kill a lot of their songs for me.
    Put Led Zeppelin on random. Take a shot whenever the words love, woman, and baby are said.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Put Led Zeppelin on random. Take a shot whenever the words love, woman, and baby are said.
    NEVER do this. It's the same as doing a shot every time the word "Jammin" is said in the Bob Marley song Jammin'

Most people know that I have an intense hatred for Abba and I don't understand their inexplicable popularity.

Also, The Smiths are one of the most famous bands from my hometown of Manchester and I CANNOT STAND Morrissey (the lead singer). He has the worst voice in recorded music history. I do have a lot of time for Johnny Marr (the guitarist) though.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*I still like Marilyn Manson and the recent albums still have good music on them. Manson will never get as good as Antichrist Superstar and people who are/used to listen to Manson need to get over it. Plus, if Antichrist Superstar was released today people would say its another crap Manson album. Hey, remember these classic lyrics? "When you get to heaven, YOU WILL WISH YOU'RE IN HELL!!" Yeah, sounds like something someone would make if they made a style parody of Manson. Point is, most people who were into Manson were in their teens. Manson was fresh and new, and that's why you were into the music. If anything Manson is guilty of not changing enough and trying to rekindle a fire that will never burn again instead of trying something new. In fact, he sort of did with the latest album and it is actually very solid! Manson is total garbage live now, I have grown and changed a lot since I first got into the band, and a lot of the lyrics are silly now, but I still have fun throwing on a Manson album and rocking out.
    My dude you are my brother and I love you but the best Manson album is Mechanical Animals. But you're right about the rest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    *I still like Marilyn Manson and the recent albums still have good music on them. Manson will never get as good as Antichrist Superstar and people who are/used to listen to Manson need to get over it. Plus, if Antichrist Superstar was released today people would say its another crap Manson album. Hey, remember these classic lyrics? "When you get to heaven, YOU WILL WISH YOU'RE IN HELL!!" Yeah, sounds like something someone would make if they made a style parody of Manson. Point is, most people who were into Manson were in their teens. Manson was fresh and new, and that's why you were into the music. If anything Manson is guilty of not changing enough and trying to rekindle a fire that will never burn again instead of trying something new. In fact, he sort of did with the latest album and it is actually very solid! Manson is total garbage live now, I have grown and changed a lot since I first got into the band, and a lot of the lyrics are silly now, but I still have fun throwing on a Manson album and rocking out.
    My dude you are my brother and I love you but the best Manson album is Mechanical Animals. But you're right about the rest.
    I am actually not sure what my favorite one is. I bounce between the big three (Antichrist, Mechanical Animals, Holywood). But my god, will I defend Mechanical Animals for life. SEVERELY underrated album. Love it so damn much. I only said Antichrist Superstar in my rant because that's where most people go when they talk about "GUD MANSIN!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Beatles, man. I just don't get it. I just find them boring and not particularly talented musically, and it seems like the only thing going for them was that they got popular with teen girls at the right time. I understand being an influential band, but compared to acts like Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix or Black Sabbath they just come up completely short in my eyes.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I second that. And often times I find covers of their songs better than the originals. Whoops.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    More often than not, I get strange looks from anyone born in the '70s and '80s whenever I say that, so in my experience it's definitely an unpopular opinion (at least for my generation).
    From my experience The Beastie Boys are one of those weird musical acts that are held sacred, but I don't know anyone who seems to actually enjoy their music. Like I know people who will give you dirty looks for saying they suck, but I don't know a single one of them who actually listen to their albums.

I do like some of their songs, however the overwhelming majority of their work simply isn't my cup of tea. But their success and significance in the history of hip hop is undeniable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    The Beatles, man. I just don't get it. I just find them boring and not particularly talented musically, and it seems like the only thing going for them was that they got popular with teen girls at the right time. I understand being an influential band, but compared to acts like Elvis, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix or Black Sabbath they just come up completely short in my eyes.
    This.

Also I hate Weezer with an abnormal passion. Like most bands that I dislike, I just... don't listen to, whatever, no biggie. I HATE WEEZER SO MUCH I WANT TO DESTROY ALL OF THEIR STUPID SWEATERS I HATE THEM

Also, I don't like "albums" so much as songs. I'm not an album person, I guess. I mean, I can listen to an album, but I'd rather just get the few songs I like off of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I like mainstream pop music *and* lesser known artists at the same time.

Nickelback is good. I like some songs by Bieber, One Direction, etc too.

People screaming in music sounds awful.

My understanding is that these are unpopular opinions at EoFF and other various locations of the internet. Like Pike, I think people should just enjoy what they enjoy. Hating on someone's music taste/preferences is as useful as hating on someone's food preferences or even sexual orientation. All it does is pressure people into being ashamed of themselves and hiding such things from others.

Because of this, while I do like most music, I envy those who like other stuff I don't because it means they don't feel anything negative when they hear those songs. Similarly I wish I liked every food like some do. But I'm me, and that's okay.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I really like the following songs from Carly Rae Jepsen:

Run Away With me, Your Type, and I Really, Really like you.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Radiohead sucks.
    I think this is a popular opinion
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I like some songs by One Direction.

Yeah same here !

You and me got a whole lot of history (ohoooh ) ~

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Nickelback is good.
    They are not that bad as the internet makes them out to be. Everybody used to love them too, and then this bandwagon happened ??