View Poll Results: Is soup a food or a drink?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Food

48 92.31%
  • Drink

4 7.69%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Threads coming soon from the mind of Loony BoB:

• Is EoFF a gaming site or a dating site?
    well it depends on who you ask, this might actually be valid

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's only one way to find out! Get to it BoB!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Drink can be nutritious, too.
    Yes, they can. They are not, however, sufficient to sustain someone. We need food for that.
    Where do you people get this idea from? This is absolutely not true. Like I said, some of those compact energy substitutions, actually have more nutrition in them than a whole regular meal.
    Sorry Chris, but you are 100% wrong on this one.

You are not going to get all your essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals as well as enough carbohydrates to meet all your bodies needs on pills and supplements alone. It's even in their name, they supplement your intake from your food, not replace it. Remember that Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble and must be with some other fats to be readily absorbed, while the B vitamins and C are not stored by the body so you need to constantly take them.

Blog Entries

No, u

We have soups that are specifically enriched with everything a patient needs to be sustained, so I am absolutely NOT WRONG. These soups are for patients only, as they are high in calories, carbs, vitamins and so on. And because so many of the patients who are on this diet cannot eat it, they drink it through special cups - thus making it both FOOD and DRINK.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You said that its both food AND drink. This thread specificly asks if its one or the other. When you say both, you are basically agreeing that soup is a food which you can also drink. Not just a drink like BoB is saying.

Blog Entries

I have always argued that it was both! But the poll didn't have that option, so I sided with Bob, 'cause you know, had to.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Soup can pose as a drink when presented and imbibed as one, and fulfilling certain requirements. However, it is clearly primarily a food, and it is still a food even when it is a drink. This stuff about drinking from a spoon is too insane to even address.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, u

We have soups that are specifically enriched with everything a patient needs to be sustained, so I am absolutely NOT WRONG. These soups are for patients only, as they are high in calories, carbs, vitamins and so on. And because so many of the patients who are on this diet cannot eat it, they drink it through special cups - thus making it both FOOD and DRINK.

I demand some of this soup.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Not since the "Picard or Kirk?" thread has a poll been so (correctly) one-sided. If it were anyone else except for Loony "is tomato a fruit or a vegetable?" BooB, I would say he was trolling.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto View Post
    soup is a food which you can also drink. Not just a drink like BoB is saying.
    Woah, woah, woah. When did I say soup wasn't a food? On at least two occasions in this thread I've said it was both. And on at least one occasion I've said I just split the poll to make the debate more interesting, and on at least one occasion I have said I've thoroughly enjoyed winding people up over this. It's not my fault that despite KNOWING that I enjoy winding you all up over this that you insist on trying to convince me that soup is not a drink.

Also, I'm assuming that you people saying "Bob" are talking about TSoL because my username is most definitely BoB, and his real name is most definitely Bobby, which Bob is short for. >=P Speaking of TSoL, you mention that you made soup in litres... that's weird, that's how drinks are measured. As for qwerty, I'm pretty sure that someone with the evidence backing him up such as being a nurse who deals with specific diets has all the proof he needs that soup can sustain someone. I mean, come on - people have permanently lost the ability to chew and carried on without any solid foods at all for the rest of their lives.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What if you freeze the soup and consume it as a solid? What is it then? Oh, and what if you superheat the soup so that it's soup gas? Enquiring minds want to know.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    What if you freeze the soup and consume it as a solid? What is it then? Oh, and what if you superheat the soup so that it's soup gas? Enquiring minds want to know.
    If it's solid, it's obviously food. And not really soup anymore. It's frozen soup, which I guess doesn't really have a name aside from 'frozen soup'.

I have no idea what you would call it as a gas. Just... gas, I guess? You certainly don't eat or drink gas... you inhale it. o_x

Articles

So soup is also an inhalant in addition to being food! Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere. Now what if you're consuming the soup in zero gravity? And what if it's in a vacuum?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't have a huge amount of knowledge/experience on consumption within zero gravity / a vacuum. I'm sorry, Psychotic. I've let you down...

Articles

Not to worry! I have plenty more questions!

Right, spaghetti bolognese. That comprises of spaghetti, sauce, and meatballs. Spaghetti bolognese - as a sum of the component parts - is a food. Spaghetti and meatballs are foods. But what is the sauce? Is it a food or a drink? I must know!