PDA

View Full Version : Omnislash Question

Megalixir
03-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Does Omnislash ignore the mods on your weapons?
i.e. using Yoshiyuki, wont matter if you have allies down during Omnislash
using Ultima Weapon wont matter if your HP is low or high during Omnislash

empower
03-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I found the Ultima weapon did very minimal damage during Omnislash with low HP

Cloudane
03-13-2008, 01:31 PM
^ this. It actually loses its "whiteness" and turns darker blue, too. After the zillions of times I've played it over the last what, 10 years, I'd never noticed that until someone pointed it out yesterday.

Megalixir
03-14-2008, 11:20 PM
^ this. It actually loses its "whiteness" and turns darker blue, too. After the zillions of times I've played it over the last what, 10 years, I'd never noticed that until someone pointed it out yesterday.

yeah, this is Ultima Weapons "hidden" bonus, all ultimate weapons have them

but; I noticed when fighting Ruby Weapon, regardless of what my HP were when perfoming Omnislash, my attacks did around 2000 damage, which is what cloud would do with another sword equipped (i.e. apocalypse)

Crossblades
03-15-2008, 05:40 PM
In order to get the best out of Omnislash, just try to keep Cloud's HP at full or at least close to full so his Ultima Weapon wouldnt lose power

Megalixir
03-15-2008, 07:56 PM
In order to get the best out of Omnislash, just try to keep Cloud's HP at full or at least close to full so his Ultima Weapon wouldnt lose power

im saying I found it didnt make any difference during omnislash. his damage was always at a fixed rate regardless of what his HP was.

Crossblades
03-15-2008, 09:30 PM

im saying I found it didnt make any difference during omnislash. his damage was always at a fixed rate regardless of what his HP was.

My fault. Must've misunderstood

But I guess Omnislash does have fixed rate being it's one most powerful limit breaks in the game.

afro samurai
04-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I found the Ultima weapon did very minimal damage during Omnislash with low HP

cause ultima weapon does damage according to your hp

Rostum
04-06-2008, 12:20 AM

yeah, this is Ultima Weapons "hidden" bonus, all ultimate weapons have them

but; I noticed when fighting Ruby Weapon, regardless of what my HP were when perfoming Omnislash, my attacks did around 2000 damage, which is what cloud would do with another sword equipped (i.e. apocalypse)

I think that might have to do with other stats of Cloud and Ruby than his ultimate weapon. For instance; strength of Cloud and defense of Ruby. I dunno, but might be worth looking into.

Mercen-X
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Wow. That's quite a breadth of time. Personally, I've always thought the UW looked so much damned cooler when Cloud was at straights. For some reason, I just can't like that white thing. My other favorites include:... lol