PDA

View Full Version : Selphie and Vanille

Serapy
01-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, Selphie and Vanille are both the 'happy and cheery' type.

And coincidentally, they both have a killer ability. Selphie`s The End can 1 HIT KO a thing and Vanille`s Death can also 1 HIT KO a thing.

What does this mean? Could it mean that these 'happy', 'cheery', etc emotions have a strong emphasis that they are very powerful?

This also made me wonder about the Rinoa=Selphie theory. If the above is true, could it mean that Rinoa`s was originally the 'happy and cheery' type? Let`s imagine... a Happy Selphie with Squall, her cheering him up, loving him, etc. Hmm, yeah. I see why Square changed thier mind. Changed Rinoa`s personality and gave her ability to Selphie`s instead.

McLovin'
01-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Who the hell is Vanille.?

Mirage
01-13-2010, 11:12 PM
And where did you read about her one-hit-kill ability?

Vermachtnis
01-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Selphie's a nut, plain and simple. Look at the facts: she blows up a Weapon Lab, suggests taking out the president with a rocket launcher, and she has a train fetish. So of course the loonie would have the 1 Hit K.O.

Moon Rabbits
01-14-2010, 02:53 AM
Selphie's a nut, plain and simple. Look at the facts: she blows up a Weapon Lab, suggests taking out the president with a rocket launcher, and she has a train fetish. So of course the loonie would have the 1 Hit K.O.

Haahahaha she so crazay.

Rad Bromance
01-16-2010, 01:30 AM
The Yuffie/Selphie/Eiko/Rikku/Penelo character in FFXIII.

Lunatic_High
01-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Selphie's a nut, plain and simple. Look at the facts: she blows up a Weapon Lab, suggests taking out the president with a rocket launcher, and she has a train fetish.

Both of these two parts of the game, (especially when Selphie destroys the control panel in the weapons lab) made of laugh for ages the first time I played through the game!

Darth Cid
01-17-2010, 05:50 AM
R=S is excellent.

leader of mortals
01-17-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm sorry, but what is your evidence that Rinoa was supposed to be cheery? What is your evidence that Selphie was given her Limits based on her personality? What is your evidence on anything?

Tiamat3710
01-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Are you actually give evidence this time or just come up with random nonsensical theories?

If its the latter ill just go ahead and remove myself from the thread.

Mirage
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Aw, don't do that, you'll miss out on so much fun :)

I'm still interested in where this knowledge of vanille's OHKO skill came from.

Slothy
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry, but what is your evidence that Rinoa was supposed to be cheery? What is your evidence that Selphie was given her Limits based on her personality? What is your evidence on anything?

If you're asking for Serapy to provide actual evidence then you've already lost. Just sit back and enjoy the show and you'll have a lot more fun.

Darth Cid
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry, this thread is a win, troll thread or not, evidence or not. I think I now have the ability to make FFVIII fanboys and girls' heads explode with Rinoa equal Selphie.

Serapy
01-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Have you seen 'The End' before? Did you notice something strange about the background of the 'The End'? It doesn't match Selphie at all... and it's very obvious that it resembles the background where Rinoa was standing at the beginning of the game. And if SE didn't move this skill, imagine Rinoa using her 'The End' limit break and people going 'z0mfg R=U is now teh trueeetthhzzzzzzzzz'

But then when I saw Vanille, that would explain why SE moved the Death limit break to Selphie... It's obvious that Selphie is happy happy and very positive in VIII. Same goes for Vanille. And they both have the same death spell? I guess, the way how the Japanase puts it... these embraced positive feelings can make very good results; such results that can be very very powerful, like the Death spell.

Tiamat3710
01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Have you seen 'The End' before? Did you notice something strange about the background of the 'The End'? It doesn't match Selphie at all... and it's very obvious that it resembles the background where Rinoa was standing at the beginning of the game. And if SE didn't move this skill, imagine Rinoa using her 'The End' limit break and people going 'z0mfg R=U is now teh trueeetthhzzzzzzzzz'

But then when I saw Vanille, that would explain why SE moved the Death limit break to Selphie... It's obvious that Selphie is happy happy and very positive in VIII. Same goes for Vanille. And they both have the same death spell? I guess, the way how the Japanase puts it... these embraced positive feelings can make very good results; such results that can be very very powerful, like the Death spell.

*Beats head repetedly into desk*

Hardcoresquall
01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Well, I'm not sure if you're talking seriously about the S=R-Theory or just kidding around, but it's crap. I may be wrong, but as far as I know, There shouldn't be a "Selphie" in the game. Rinoa was later replaced by Selphie. You can see a lot of Screenshots of the Trial-Version, where Rinoa is standing at the beach of the Dollet-Mission or something like that. But in the full version of Final Fantasy VIII, it's Selphies' part.

Serapy
01-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, I'm not sure if you're talking seriously about the S=R-Theory or just kidding around, but it's crap. I may be wrong, but as far as I know, There shouldn't be a "Selphie" in the game. Rinoa was later replaced by Selphie. You can see a lot of Screenshots of the Trial-Version, where Rinoa is standing at the beach of the Dollet-Mission or something like that. But in the full version of Final Fantasy VIII, it's Selphies' part.

Read this thread:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/124375-squall-zell-x-atm092-s-pov-2.html

Especially:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/897/comparison.gif and

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7128/trial.gifhttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2444/finalmsw.gif

These are canon, because they do exist in the retail version. It doesn't even matter if these were editing errors.

Darth Cid
01-29-2010, 05:56 AM

z0mfg R=U is now teh trueeetthhzzzzzzzzz

And so is R=S!

Vermachtnis
01-29-2010, 06:00 AM
The next obvious step is Rinao is Legion.

Darth Cid
01-29-2010, 06:06 AM
I have no idea what that means unless you mean by biblical reasons but while we're making people other people.

Rinoa = Lulu
Rikku = Selphie
Aerith = Dead person
Rinoa = Not Dead Person
Lulu = Could Be Dead Person
Ultimecia = White Mage from FF1
:monster: = :grover:
:objection: = :save:
:luigi: = :magus:

The Crystal
02-07-2010, 04:00 AM
If Selphie and Vanille are so alike, does that make Selphie a lesbian? Awesome!

BG-57
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
If you really want to replace Rinoa with Selphie, just read Imadoki! Nowadays. Koki and Tanpopo resemble Squall and Selphie so much it's kind of scary.

rubah
02-10-2010, 12:22 AM
My new favorite quote.

It doesn't even matter if these were editing errors.

Jiro
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Mind you, the shadow still looks like Rinoa's in that escape scene. However, this means jack. Because Aeris is playable in the FFVII demo which iirc takes place inside Mako Reactor Number 1, and yet is absent in the final product. They only do it to show off (main) characters.

leader of mortals
02-13-2010, 12:13 AM
My favorite thing about Serapy is how he abandons his threads once he realizes people don't believe it.

Also, read Jiro's post.

Serapy
02-14-2010, 05:09 PM
If I couldn't think of something -insert word here- to say, I just become inactive. If I have something to say, I say it here. That's it.

As you may be aware, defending my theories WON'T make people change thier minds at all. It'll be a complete waste of time if I attempt so. I rather make a new thread about something else than being all defensive.

And why should you expect people to believe you? That's pretty deep.

BG-57
02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Not to make too fine a point of it, but as the originator of this hypothesis, it is up to you to provide evidence to convince us that it is plausible.

I am not hostile to your hypotheses per se, but I remain unconvinced so far.

Rodney
02-15-2010, 04:40 AM
If Selphie and Vanille are so alike, does that make Selphie a lesbian? Awesome!
Depends. Is Vanille one?

Moon Rabbits
02-15-2010, 07:05 AM
The next obvious step is Rinao is Legion.

Yes.

Serapy
02-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Not to make too fine a point of it, but as the originator of this hypothesis, it is up to you to provide evidence to convince us that it is plausible.

I am not hostile to your hypotheses per se, but I remain unconvinced so far.

You're the latest person to mention 'gimme mah evidence naooo', so far.

This is more like a discussion. I still don't get why people force me to make everything Einstein-a like.

You know, if one outright claims that something is definite, it doesn't always mean that it'll become a thing like hypothesis. R is U, for example. Come on, that's just ridiculous. Does your mind really have to do the calculations in order to finally conclude that R is indeed U? If all of us are like that, Religions would have never existed.

BG-57
02-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Your quotation is misleading; I am not asking for evidence, nor am I asking for it now. I'm just saying you haven't convinced me of your position.

I'm not asking for some sort of scientific proof, just a well drawn out argument based on canonical sources like the game, Ultimania, author interviews and the like.

I've made my share of hypotheses about FFVIII, some better recieved than others. That's part of the territory.

Vyk
02-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Vanille = Ultimecia

Mercen-X
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
There has been no point to any of you --*snip*

There's not even an argument --*snip*

This thread is pretty much useless --*snip*

Rinoa Lover
06-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Vanille is the cutest girl from Final Fantasy XIII dear McLovin ^_^!