PDA

View Full Version : Fun from crap games.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Anyone who plays football games in single player is, let's face it, bizarre. They're probably the same kind of people who enjoy aubergines and getting stabbed in a kidney. However, if you randomise teams and play with a friend, then it becomes an entirely different thing. It's great fun! Laughs all round. Relentless hacking all round. Turn off cards and I can cancel a game through injuries. Huzzah!

Similarly, F.E.A.R is also a terrible game. Well, not terrible. But certainly not worth any money. Having said that, I once played a LAN Deathmatch with about 5 people on F.E.A.R. There was one rule: you must use the HV Penetrator (snigger). It was ridiculously fun. Nailing a guy to a wall by his ballsack alone, and leaving his carcass there hanging mercilessly two feet off the ground is a sight I'm not likely to forget. It was magnificent. Were it not for the fact that I wouldn't be able to get a good four player/four TV game going, I'd probably have bought F.E.A.R 2 for that reason alone.

Discuss other games that you don't actually like, but have something in them that make them good old fun.

I Took the Red Pill
02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Red Steel was pretty terrible but I had a good time dicking around on multiplayer with my friends.

Rad Bromance
02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I thought fun was what determined whether a game was crap or not...

But umm, my brother had this terrible PS1 game based on a terrible Nickelodeon cartoon called Rocket Power. We had fun playing Frisbee with it.

VeloZer0
02-02-2010, 12:42 AM
JAWS: Unleashed. It's a sandbox game. Where you play as Jaws.

Unfortunately despite how fun it is to swim around terrorizing the coast as a giant shark, the game controls terribly and loses its interest after an hour or two.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Similarly, F.E.A.R is also a terrible game. Well, not terrible. But certainly not worth any money.

Your opinion is hereby invalidated to me for the rest of time.

I honestly can't think of any "bad" games that I play and find fun. Usually really bad games are just plain bad.

Vermachtnis
02-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Red Faction 2, the multi-player wasn't has much fun as the first one. You couldn't destroy as much. However for whatever reason the pop-up message when you killed someone amused us more than in the first one so we spent a lot of time naming ourselves immature stuff like Your Penis or Your Self just for the stupid message.

Bolivar
02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Damnation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_(video_game)) - possibly the single worst game of "this generation" (really, the entire development team was fired after the game came out, but for some reason playing the co-op with my gf was a lot of fun. The gameplay is at least bearable, but it was fun to laugh at the dialogue and animations.

Plus we got a Platinum Trophy out of it!

(FEAR2 ROCKS!!!)

Mo-Nercy
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Tekken 6 isn't a horrible game, but there's awful lag online. I have a ball backing up and just picking the opportune time to flykick to win.

Other people, it seems, like to pick Christie or Eddy and mash kick buttons on their way to victory.

Raistlin
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Anyone who plays football games in single player is, let's face it, bizarre. They're probably the same kind of people who enjoy aubergines and getting stabbed in a kidney.

Hey, career modes are fun. :mad2:

Most crappy FPS games can be made at least mildly entertaining in multiplayer mode.