PDA

View Full Version : Does Transformers 2 have the most nonsensical plot ever?

champagne supernova
06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I watched Transformers 2 the other day. I really cannot explain how unfathomable it all was. I felt like I was observing something some foreign artistic ritual for the first time.

So, do you believe that Transformers 2 is the silliest non-parody movie ever made (and only redeemed by the fact that Megan Fox is really, really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking) or can you think of something worse. And if you can, what is it?

McLovin'
06-11-2010, 11:46 PM
They picked an even hotter girl for Transformers 3.

Christmas
06-12-2010, 04:06 AM
That Fallen bloke seems to be most powerful guy ever when they talk about him in the movie but it end up he got finished in less than a few minutes by Prime. The only feat he do is using the force to lift out some tanks and toss them aside. :mymelslap:

Edge7
06-19-2010, 05:18 AM
I was going to say Meet the Spartans, but you already said "non-parody movie".

The movie made sense (with enough suspension of disbelief), it just wasn't good. I think I right about gave up when They brought the protagonist BACK TO LIFE FROM ROBOT HEAVEN.

Actually, I think that Alien Eden from Knowing made even less sense. It was like the movie did a complete 180 and said "what the hell, let's make this a science fiction religious movie!"

Clo
06-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Ahhhhhh... Knowing was one of the worst movies ever.

The Man
06-20-2010, 01:17 AM
There's no way it was more nonsensical than Plan 9 from Outer Space (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space).

Jings
06-20-2010, 01:24 AM
It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen. But then I worked at an IMAX/museum during last summer when they were showing it, so I've seen it more times than is rational.

Interesting tidbit: I worked at the Smithsonian museum in the movie (where the big blackbird transformer is) as a summer job. Everyone kept asking if we got to meet the cast. I told one guy that we all had lunch with Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf when they were filming. I didn't but he believed me. Or pretended to believe me.

Anyway the movie sucks.

Depression Moon
06-20-2010, 03:56 AM
I didn't have much of a problem with it story wise. The dog-humping, racial stereotypes, and robot balls is what bothered me.

Bunny
06-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Megan Fox looks like a dog pooped on another dog's week old poop.

Captain Maxx Power
06-21-2010, 01:06 AM
<span style="font: 13px Candara, Skia, Corbel, 'Trebuchet MS', Georgia, Geneva, Helvetica, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif; color: #38bcee;">There's no way it was more nonsensical than <I><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space" target="_blank" style="color: #38E897;">Plan 9 from Outer Space</a></I>.</span>

How dare you sully the name of Ed Wood! Compared to Transformers 2, Plan 9 is Citizen Kane. I seriously wanted to rip my own eyeballs out watching Transformers 2. It insulted me in almost every way a movie possibly could; stupid comedy, racist characters, incomprehensible action sequences, overly-long. It's the film equivalent of a butane enema.

The Man
06-21-2010, 01:13 AM
I didn't say Plan 9 being nonsensical was a bad thing. Plan 9 was so bad it was good. Transformers 2 was just bad.

champagne supernova
06-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah, 3 hours. I was taking strain at the end of it. Honestly, parody movies like Scary Movie 1 & 2 make more sense than this movie. And the action sequences were so over the top that I didn't even know what was going on! Who was punching who. Which robot was which. It was all too confusing.

Like the Transformer that appears when they're in Egypt. The big one, where someone suggests that they stand underneath it (and then promptly don't do that, if memory serves). What is its name? Why is it there? How come it's bigger than the others?

And yes, the Fallen must have the greatest hype to substance ratio of any villain ever. Sucks to be him.

Laddy
06-25-2010, 09:48 AM
My dad really, really, liked Knowing. I decided to watch again alone for the second time for a great laugh.

My dad literally likes fucking everything. EVERYTHING. The guy liked In The Name of the King.

Crop
06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
And the action sequences were so over the top that I didn't even know what was going on! Who was punching who. Which robot was which. It was all too confusing.

That's exactly what I thought about the first movie, and why I didn't even go and see the second.

Waste of £4.50.

NorthernChaosGod
06-25-2010, 05:51 PM
My dad really, really, liked Knowing. I decided to watch again alone for the second time for a great laugh.

My dad literally likes smurfing everything. EVERYTHING. The guy liked In The Name of the King.

Lol, I watched that just because it had Jason Statham in it. I liked it, but I knew it was going to be a really bad movie.

BG-57
06-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Plan 9 rules! It has a gee-whiz sincerity that is utterly lacking in TF2. While TF2 is rambling, incoherent and offensive in a myriad of ways, there are worse sci-fi movies out there:

Battlefield Earth is the worst one I've seen so far. I can't imagine that John Travolta took much liberty with L. Ron Hubbard's original novel, since the movie is basically a love letter to his spiritual mentor, so I'm guessing the plot issues stem from the source material not the adaptation. A sample of the insanities:

1) Okay I get that earth was conquored in minutes by an advanced alien race called Psychlos, but nothing any of them do in this movie convinces me they are intellectually superior, like it says in the script. They are a bunch of bumbling idiotic buffoons who happen to have more advanced technology.

2) The Psychos are after gold, and in 1000 years of ruling over earth, they never bother to check Fort Knox.

3) The Psychlo security chief, Terl, trains one of the humans to speak their language and fly their aircraft. Guess what happens by the end of the movie.

4) The humans eventually rebel and manage to locate to locate a military base with fully fuctional aircraft and nuclear bombs, with the power still on after 1000 years.

5) And the stupisit plot twist ever, the heros send one of their own to planet Psychlo with a nuclear bomb that ignites the atmosphere and destroys the entire planet!

BTW, I've heard rumors that Highlander 2: The Quickening is even worse, but I have yet to confirm it for myself.