PDA

View Full Version : What's WRONG with me!?!?

KentaRawr!
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I actually got upset at a video game recently. I can hardly believe it! How could I let myself stoop so LOW!? I was playing Castlevania 3 and was on level 5-0A, I think it's called. Those hopping monsters, the crows, and the mermen, zomg. The axe armors are only a problem if I forget the holy water or missed a whip upgrade, which I sometimes do when I'm running for my life from tiny hopping monsters! D:

So, when was the last time you got upset at a video game?

VeloZer0
02-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't think I have ever got upset at a video game itself, though I have gotten upset at whoever made the video game I was playing. Tons of times.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Guilty Gear

Shattered Dreamer
02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Tekken 6 remains uncompleted due to an argument I had with it lol

Jessweeee♪
02-02-2011, 08:15 PM
FFX Chocobo Racing! It's okay as long as you don't do anything to hurt it. When you throw your controller it's time to stop playing video games for a few months.

G13
02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I get pissed quite a bit while playing games, but only with myself for doing whatever I did. Never any controller throwing, did enough of that as a kid.

Last week I was playing some Brotherhood and Ezio jumped off a viewpoint and fell to his death instead of neatly landing on the synch beam twice. I couldn't do anything but get up and leave.

Rase
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I've never gone above "annoyed", like "Really? Three misses, really?!?" I have friends who I play League of Legends with who curse up a storm though, and one who gets way too pissed and slams his keyboard into his desk.

Shoeberto
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I got really upset at Mass Effect 2 a few weeks ago when it kept crashing partway through missions, but then it turned out to be an issue with my computer anyways so it wasn't a big deal.

The only other one I can think of in recent times MIGHT be God of War 2, with some of the QTEs. They're pretty obnoxious at times.

Vermachtnis
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
In Dragon Age. The Deep Roads as a whole is especially annoying. Just keeps sending waves of Dark Spawn when I'm trying to loot something I killed earlier. But the thing that got me really annoyed was at the end was this totem pole that would not die. My team died really fast and it was just me by myself and the fight lasted forever. It just kept sending out ghosties.

Iceglow
02-03-2011, 12:46 AM
I get fraustrated with games all the time, especially if I'm sure I did something right and it's a code issue what caused me to fail. If it's human error I get pissed off with myself however. I have never once rage quit on something, I've never once thrown a pad or hit something out of fraustration or even broken something cause of it. I either suck it up and get down to it trying to get past the problem or I take a break. Getting annoyed isn't a problem, getting so annoyed you break something or take it out on anything other than verbally at yourself or the game is beyond normal. If it's just "God damnit? smurfing again? This is like the 70th time now for smurf's sake!" then chill out and stop being so emo with the whole "What's wrong with me?! I'm going to die I'm so smurfing pathetic getting angry at a game!" expression.

Rostum
02-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Only when I was around 5-10 years old in the NES/SNES era. Man some of those games were infuriating, but I couldn't just give it the satisfaction of me giving up.

Proxy
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
This one time, when I was playing solitaire...

But really, sometime in Halo3 or Reach is like wtf. But I don't usually go crazy and start yelling and junk like that.

Agent Proto
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I never get upset at a game to the point where I do harm to the controller, or something like that when I play by myself. However, that's usually a different picture when I play with others who don't seem to play as I expect them to play. This one time, when I was playing with my brothers, I got so upset that I threw the controller at them because I got upset. I think we were playing a sports game, and I was on the losing end of things. :p

theundeadhero
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Ecco the Dolphin 2 and I have agreed never to talk to each other again. Fucking jumps.

Roogle
02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
If you are a serious fighting game player, then you will undoubtedly get stressed or upset by Ranked Mode in Super Street Fighter IV.

I try to play Ranked Mode regularly to get up to speed on characters which are not used as commonly in my local state and to practice my links and combos, but the casual nature of the game combined with the lack of competent competition makes it rather frustrating rather quickly.

Bulldog
02-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I didn't really get upset or angry with it, but my eyes were bleeding after playing The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion. Hideous skin textures.

Ah, I recall the lockpicking-gimmick in Alpha Protocol to be quite an annoyance.

Iceglow
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I never get upset at a game to the point where I do harm to the controller, or something like that when I play by myself. However, that's usually a different picture when I play with others who don't seem to play as I expect them to play. This one time, when I was playing with my brothers, I got so upset that I threw the controller at them because I got upset. I think we were playing a sports game, and I was on the losing end of things. :p

For the sake of your sanity and the welfare of your tv, never, never, ever play Halo with us, we're pricks lol! In the sense that we'll do something just because it irritates you. Don't betray you? We'll do it incessantly, don't teabag you? Well you just brought some special hunting down time, don't incessantly run away from you leaving you to face the enemy team alone? We'll go hide...oh yes weaknesses are exploited harshly on Halo.

Bunny
02-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I am a very angry person when I play video games, specifically ones that I play with other people. I sit there and rant at my computer monitor as if it cares about my problems, sometimes raising my voice a little higher than necessary in order to get my point across or make sure it knows that I am serious fucking business. I have never hit my computer monitor though, no no, that would be wrong. I have come close to doing so and this is my secret shame, but I don't think I would ever actually resort to punching my computer screen. I have slammed my fist on the desk several times, mostly for effect.

Agent Proto
02-04-2011, 10:44 PM
For the sake of your sanity and the welfare of your tv, never, never, ever play Halo with us, we're pricks lol! In the sense that we'll do something just because it irritates you. Don't betray you? We'll do it incessantly, don't teabag you? Well you just brought some special hunting down time, don't incessantly run away from you leaving you to face the enemy team alone? We'll go hide...oh yes weaknesses are exploited harshly on Halo.

:p For the record, I don't really get upset nowadays. I wouldn't care enough to harm any controllers if you guys play like pricks. I might get frustrated though. x)

Jiro
02-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I got pissed at Dragon Age because I slept with everyone but didn't get the whore achievement. THAT TOOK SO MUCH EFFORT. Same deal with all the endings, and recruiting all the party members. Turns out there was some problem with my update or something. Basically I have to do it all again :argh:

So fuck you Dragon Age, not this time.

Vyk
02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I used to. Very rarely. I can still get frustrated and after about 5 tries I'll quit and come back later, calmer. I don't destroy stuff anymore or anything. I don't think I've thrown a controller since the original Genesis days. Which was like ... 4th grade or something for me

In contrast. In the last 3 years, my brother has went through about 7 Xbox 360 controllers. 2 or 3 of which were mine...

Technology is just too fragile; especially these days. Not sure how someone can lose their cool enough to justify just destroying $50 worth of equipment. But then again, he went through two laptops with WoW for the same reason. I guess a $50 controller is nothing when you're willing to destroy $700 laptop and then a $400 one a couple months later. Damn

Though there is an amusing story from the Sega Saturn days, when I'd play with a friend on Street Fighter Alpha 2 for hours. There was some bug in either the controller's chip board, or the system. But if player 2 jammed in the D pad hard enough while doing moves, it'd trigger D pad actions from player 1. So I'd get him in a corner and jam in the pad in and just keep punching and it kept making him roll all over the place, usually right into my punches. After a round of that he slapped my controller out of my hand and killed me :(