PDA

View Full Version : Why are you just doing a fist pump...wait you can't dance can you?

Shiny
02-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Can you dance? If you can't, how do you get out of it? Or do you do what I do?

Whenever this arises at parties I have a way of getting out of it and a good way of convincing someone you're a good dancer is to get them drunk. That way they won't be able to tell that you're actually horrible until their sober; at which point you make up reasons why you can't dance. Like, "Oh my heel hurts" or "I have Lupus so I can't dance". If they question you say, "Well I'm black so obviously I know how to dance silly" or just pimp slap them. Works like a charm.

Sephex
02-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I've been told I am a good dancer in terms of generically moving at a wedding reception or whatever. As for actually dancing? Uh...does being moderately good at DDR count?

Freya
02-23-2012, 01:07 AM
I can dance like a ho? Does that count? Also like a robot. Not the best robot but damn it feels good to be a roboster.

Bubba
02-23-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't dance really...

I'm in a rock band though so I can duck out by 'creating' the music rather than dancing to it.

Pheesh
02-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Eh, it's easy enough to dance at a club or slow dance, then I have a couple little dances I can do jokingly (I can moonwalk and robot etc). If we're talking dancing well and looking like you're talented at it then no, I suck.

Crop
02-23-2012, 01:24 AM
When I go to a club or something with friends I can dance if I want to, I can leave my friends behind, because my friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.

TrollHunter
02-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Me? Dance? :eyebrow:
Yeahhh no.

Pike
02-23-2012, 01:27 AM
When I go to a club or something with friends I can dance if I want to, I can leave my friends behind, because my friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.

Funnily enough I was just coming into this post to say that I did the Safety Dance at a friend's wedding reception once.

That, however, is the extent of my dancing.

Bubba
02-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Eh, it's easy enough to dance at a club or slow dance, then I have a couple little dances I can do jokingly (I can moonwalk and robot etc). If we're talking dancing well and looking like you're talented at it then no, I suck.

I thought drummers had good rhythm?!!

Pheesh
02-23-2012, 02:19 AM

I thought drummers had good rhythm?!!

...I could probably stomp on the spot really fast and in perfect time. Does that count?

Shlup
02-23-2012, 02:56 AM
I can't dance even a little bit.

fire_of_avalon
02-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Can I dance? Can I dance? I can foxtrot, shag, lindy hop, east and west coast swing. I took ballet, modern and jazz. I can do the sprinkler, the lawnmower and the cabbage patch. I can do the running man.

I can't dance for CRAP but I have a lot of enthusiasm. And I have rhythm. So I'm pretty good at zumba.

I dance all the time. In the car, at work, right now. Especially in the kitchen.

And if people don't like it, then eff them.

Tigmafuzz
02-23-2012, 04:41 AM
I can Tango and Waltz and Salsa and whatnot, but I can't dance naturally. Only things that I've been taught.

blackmage_nuke
02-23-2012, 06:30 AM
I can wave my hands in the air while i grind my crotch against someone but otherwise no.

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Funnily enough I was just coming into this post to say that I did the Safety Dance at a friend's wedding reception once.

That, however, is the extent of my dancing.
I hope there's a video of this.

I know some swing and can waltz. Otherwise, this:

I can wave my hands in the air while i grind my crotch against someone

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2012, 01:28 PM
I have no rhythm. None. At all. And I have no...what's the word? The word about how you know where your limbs and tit are? I don't have that.

I want to learn the panic dance that the guy from Ghost Trick in my signature does.

Mirage
02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I know a handful of basic swing moves, and I can move aggressively to hard industrial techno. Oh, and a basic slow-dance I guess. I have a good rhythm, at least for a white guy.

Bubba
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm exceptional at the 'pee-pee' dance when I'm desperate to urinate.

Jiro
02-23-2012, 05:26 PM
I can dance alright. I'm no superstar but I don't dance like an awkward white guy a la my room mate. I'm better at doing ballroom stuff but it's been a while so I barely remember any of 'em. Learned a bit of dnb step but it like most of those kinds of dances look stupid unless you're in strobe lights or something. Then it looks wicked.

I hate crowds though so I don't dance much.

Peegee
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/BandyToaster/feed

Yes I can dance.

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2012, 02:04 AM
I dance well to 90s music. And, as an Englishman, I have the innate ability to waltz.

NorthernChaosGod
02-24-2012, 02:32 AM
I have no rhythm. None. At all. And I have no...what's the word? The word about how you know where your limbs and tit are? I don't have that.
I'm going to go with spatial awareness.

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Proprioception would be more accurate.

NorthernChaosGod
02-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Don't make up words, Quin.

Tigmafuzz
02-24-2012, 03:10 AM
I think she meant nerve endings.

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Don't fribble the calag, NCG.

Værn
02-26-2012, 04:53 AM
I can kind of moonwalk, depending on what shoes I'm wearing, but that's about it.

Psychotic
02-26-2012, 09:46 AM
No I cannot. My response is to play rock, paper, scissors with my partner instead which makes us look so hip and ironic. Really we're just twats who can't dance.

Iceglow
03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Don't forget we did the colbert dance that one time Paul!

In reality, I'm told by various sources I have "moves" which is pretty nice. I'm also pretty shameless so on nights out with the girls I know I generally wind up being the first guy on the dance floor in the club we go to because they'll be all "We're going to dance" and when I respond with "ok, have fun" they just tend to grab me and force me down there to dance with them. I've learnt the art of dancing sober as well as drunk. Which is why my house mate Vanessa brought me a Tshirt with the decal of "Dance Floor Legend" on it for Christmas, one of her friends recently asked me if I can back it up and the girls were like "yes, yes he can." so we put music on and ended up dancing in our tiny lounge to prove that I can actually dance.

As for dancing styles? I could probably do a waltz innately like most british people. I can definitely slow dance lol, I studied figure skating for a few years but it doesn't translate well to a non-ice surface xD So I don't know what I'd manage in terms of "official dances"

starlet
03-02-2012, 12:21 AM
nope...im about as stiff as a 2 x 4 :|

Peegee
03-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Don't make up words, Quin.

it's okay he probably googled it because on fb he doesn't even know what a 'capitalisation' was