PDA

View Full Version : -1/4 neva

blackmage_nuke
08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Every human on earth has gained imortality
every human that is EXCEPT YOU!

Consolations! You're not immortal. No, you don't have a choice. You will eventually die. You regenerate at your regular rate from all injuries. You feel the same levels of pain and your mental state will deteriorate naturally. Also, you will age. Are there any other things people generally use to pick holes in this sort of thing? No? Good.

You must choose one other who will lose thier immortality to join you as the only other person to age and die under the rule of your new undying overlords. Who will it be?

Jiro
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
This is brilliant. An immortal society would function much differently to ours. I assume I would find the nearest serious criminal and grant them the ability to experience the fleetingness of life and know what it is to be human.

blackmage_nuke
08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
This is brilliant. An immortal society would function much differently to ours.

I imagine cars would become obsolete as the main mode of transport becomes being fired out of really powerful cannons.

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Jiro, because we're in this together. He's not the type of person who would be a fair weather friend.

Sephex
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
I would make sure to die as undignified as possible to make the immortals all uncomfortable.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Jiro, because we're in this together. He's not the type of person who would be a fair weather friend.

So sweet oh you :blush:

krissy
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
putin

Værn
08-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I would choose whoever discovered the secret to immortality and then proceeded to hand it out to everyone in the world except me. Hows that for irony?

Shorty
08-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Rantz. If I'm dying, he's going down with me!

Tigmafuzz
08-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Hitler.

Clo
08-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Uh, Hitler's been dead a while, Tigz.

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 08:43 PM
He was talking about Abraham Hitler, 36, living in Tennessee. That guy is a dick.

Rantz
08-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Rantz. If I'm dying, he's going down with me!

I have to make this mutual.

Wait, no, I choose the antichrist.

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Same person, isn't it?

Hollycat
08-18-2012, 02:12 AM
I couldn't do this to someone else, it wouldn't be fair.
Now, maybe we could clone Emma Watson and put my brain in her body, then I'd be an immortal Emma Watson clone. Awesome. (broke your logic)

NorthernChaosGod
08-18-2012, 02:14 AM
You're in the wrong thread.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Same person, isn't it?

:aimmad:

Hollycat
08-18-2012, 04:24 AM
You're in the wrong thread.

No my not.

Tigmafuzz
08-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Uh, Hitler's been dead a while, Tigz.

He said every human on earth. As far as I know, Hitler's body was never fired into the sun.

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Now, maybe we could clone Emma Watson and put my brain in her body, then I'd be an immortal Emma Watson clone. Awesome. (broke your logic)

When everyone is imortal theres pretty much no more need for cloning technology, so you'd have to figure it out yourself, furthermore your brain would deteriorate at the normal rate.

Bunny
08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
For a realistic answer I would need more details. Several questions come to mind:

Is everyone granted this gift at the same time, except me and this other person? Or am I granted the ability to ruin someone else's life by negating their immortality whenever I choose? The timeframe in which this all occurs is very important. If it is immediate, then I would probably choose either someone extremely evil that does not deserve life, or someone extremely close to me who would rather not live without me in their life. The former is more likely but you can't really cut out the latter completely.

If I have the ability to remove this gift from whoever I want, then I would hold off on doing so until the time is right.

I would wait until I am dying, from whatever cause. Throughout my life, I would keep detailed notes on whatever is going on in the world and whoever is involved in the most heinous and notorious of criminal activites. Those who are wreckless or abusive of their gift would become top priority for this choice. I would, naturally, be very careful with my life so as not to die prematurely. However, as I got closer to death, I would begin to author a long document detailing each and every wrong that this person has commited. It would explain my life with the knowledge that I alone would face death and include my anger in this sad fact. Finally, I would package it and give it to a trusted friend to deliver to whoever this person is upon my death. I would make several copies for whatever media organizations exist at this point so that my life is known and the warning of what can possibly happen if you abuse your immortality could be. At the end of my letter to my person of choice, I would include several pictures of horses having sex as well as a picture of my gaping asshole. Probably some cheesy and forboding last words too. Something like "And so you shall suffer the same fate as I have." or something really bad like that.

As an aside, a world filled with immortal people who seriously be horrible. Most scientific advances would stop, specifically medical ones, as they would no longer be needed. The population would skyrocket into out of control numbers since nobody is dying. Wars would erupt everywhere as people try to gain more power over each other. It would be horrible.

Mercen-X
08-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Immortality having been realized, I can't truly imagine a functioning hierarchy, yet I'd try my best to identify the most powerful immortal to be "stripped" and then I'd make them my b*tch... of course, I mean only in the sexual sense.

Hollycat
08-23-2012, 01:18 AM

When everyone is imortal theres pretty much no more need for cloning technology, so you'd have to figure it out yourself, furthermore your brain would deteriorate at the normal rate.

Poo

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 02:22 AM
An immortal society would not be one I would want to live in. Did people not watch Torchwood The Miracle Day? If you make everyone immortal then diseases will still spread, people will still get shot or sick from starving but people will not die. In weeks you'd be looking at the problem of Earth being so over-populated it wouldn't cope and frankly we don't have the technology (well we do but governments would never fund it) to make it possible for such a large population to exist. We would essentially have to create generation ships and send thousands of souls off in to space in search of new homes because honestly we just couldn't do it any other way. This is in weeks those ships would take YEARS to build. In years Earth would be so over-crowded the planet would no longer be habitable. The only way to die would be to cease to exist by literally obliterating every sequence of DNA each individual cell would need turning in to naught but ash. Who would decide who was too ill to be allowed to continue their existence? Who would determine who got to eat when others went without?

If I was in an immortal society but the last mortal left I would chose someone I truly loved to become mortal with me. No one you love ought to be forced to live in such a situation.

Jiro
08-23-2012, 06:01 AM
I dunno about the population absolutely sky rocketing in weeks but I think yeah we'd run out of space pretty quickly.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
A child is born roughly once every 5 seconds globally speaking and I'm fairly certain that's wrong, but it's a nice answer from Google which will suffice to show something. Therefore that gives us a population growth of 17,280 a day. Thats an extra 120,960 a week. 483,840 a month (4 week). 1,451,520 per season (3 months) With no one dying in the mean time?

Now as I said in the first line I think that result is off Google is lying to me. I mean a new baby is born in the UK alone every 8 seconds so lets say it's 0.5 seconds til a child is born which feels like it would be more realistic given the size of the globe. That changes the above figures to 172,800 a day, 1,209,600 a week, 4,838,400 a month, 14,515,200 in just 12 weeks, 58,060,800 in a year. With 0 deaths in that time, it'd be pretty fucked up.

Jiro
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Dude, we can fit that many people on Australia easy.

Hollycat
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Dude, we can fit that many people on Australia easy.

All the Americans and Europeans would die from a week from poisonous koala bites or something.

Jiro
08-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Before anyone points out the fact that everyone is immortal: No. HC is right. They would fucking die.

NorthernChaosGod
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
A child is born roughly once every 5 seconds globally speaking and I'm fairly certain that's wrong, but it's a nice answer from Google which will suffice to show something. Therefore that gives us a population growth of 17,280 a day. Thats an extra 120,960 a week. 483,840 a month (4 week). 1,451,520 per season (3 months) With no one dying in the mean time?

Now as I said in the first line I think that result is off Google is lying to me. I mean a new baby is born in the UK alone every 8 seconds so lets say it's 0.5 seconds til a child is born which feels like it would be more realistic given the size of the globe. That changes the above figures to 172,800 a day, 1,209,600 a week, 4,838,400 a month, 14,515,200 in just 12 weeks, 58,060,800 in a year. With 0 deaths in that time, it'd be pretty fucked up.
I'm sure life would work much, much differently if everyone was immortal.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you don't require food. Doesn't mean you won't need water? Our global supplies often strain enough at present. How would you like to be eternally starving but never able to die?

NorthernChaosGod
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm talking about people having kids. I'm sure there would be someone to work out a solution to a resources problem if there was one; all the smart people stay alive forever.

Rantz
08-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Forced vasectomies globally!

blackmage_nuke
08-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Forced vasectomies globally!
They would heal.

Also I thought the healing ability might effect the menstral cycle enough to screw up reproduction. Though I try to avoid knowing any of the details of that subject

Sephex
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
reproduction

IMMORTAL BABIES.

It would be like /v/ in real life.

Jiro
08-24-2012, 02:50 AM
See people always try to fuck with your question instead of answering it Blackmage_nuke. :(

Bunny
08-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you don't require food. Doesn't mean you won't need water? Our global supplies often strain enough at present. How would you like to be eternally starving but never able to die?

Actually, it means exactly that. Immortality means that you cannot die or decay, which means that food and water are no longer necessary resources. Immortality also gets rid of a laundry list of other necessities that exist solely to keep people alive. In a world filled with immortals, the only real limiting factor is space.

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 11:09 AM
I treat immortality in the Man From Earth way. You're not invulnerable. You can still die, given enough damage.

Iceglow
08-24-2012, 11:15 AM

Actually, it means exactly that. Immortality means that you cannot die or decay, which means that food and water are no longer necessary resources. Immortality also gets rid of a laundry list of other necessities that exist solely to keep people alive. In a world filled with immortals, the only real limiting factor is space.

That would be invunerable immortality or invincible immortality. If you're immortal but not invunerable then your body will still need sustenance and that means food/water. If you don't get that your body will still waste away, it will still starve and become so weak that you're incapable of moving, be so wasted that you'd be in constant pain and suffering and wishing to die yet you wouldn't be able to. If a soldier got blown apart by a rocket launcher he'd still be alive in pieces but alive he wouldn't heal, but he'd feel, he'd be in agony and he'd suffer.

The original post said immortality, it did not specify invulnerability.

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Steve, not a single part of that post is correct. I'm very disappointed in you.

Criminally Vulgar
08-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I would choose Iceglow (aka Steve, but he gets humpty when I call him that). xox

Tigmafuzz
08-24-2012, 01:19 PM
That would be invunerable immortality or invincible immortality. If you're immortal but not invunerable then your body will still need sustenance and that means food/water. If you don't get that your body will still waste away, it will still starve and become so weak that you're incapable of moving, be so wasted that you'd be in constant pain and suffering and wishing to die yet you wouldn't be able to. If a soldier got blown apart by a rocket launcher he'd still be alive in pieces but alive he wouldn't heal, but he'd feel, he'd be in agony and he'd suffer.

Steve, not a single part of that post is correct. I'm very disappointed in you.

http://i.imgur.com/d0uCD.jpg

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Oddly enough, I was about to post that image in relation to another of Steve's posts in a different thread. xD

sharkythesharkdogg
08-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I'd find someone who WANTED to die. In a world of immortals, having that power would be a commodity. I'd sell it to the highest bidder, and live the rest of my days a rich, lonely, slowly decaying hermit.

Bunny
08-24-2012, 06:15 PM

There are no different degrees of immortality, stop making shit up.

Jiro
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't understand why we end up debating the fucking circumstances? Can't we take this shit how it is intended? It's rarely confusing!

Pike
08-28-2012, 01:44 AM
You forgot that you're posting on EoFF.

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 08:18 AM
The actual reason is that telling Steve off is fun. Super, super fun!