PDA

View Full Version : Cloud vs Squall vs Tidus

Zeiferxx
05-05-2013, 07:21 PM
If we don't mention Dissidia, if those three ever face each other in battle who do you think could win?

Forsaken Lover
05-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Cloud effortlessly destroys both of them.

Karifean
05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Squall wins, hands down. The Lion Heart beats both the Ultimate Weapon and the Caladbolg. Tidus is agile, but Gunblades always hit in FF8 - and even hit hard because of the gun part of the blade. I would NOT want to get struck by that.

Comparing the Limit Breaks of the three, we're in a bit of a ditch. The competition is inheritly badly balanced because X has Break Damage Limit and neither Cloud nor Squall do. Because of the different postgame standards, I'm gonna say hitting for 99999 in X counts as hitting for 9999 in VII and VIII. By this, Squall wins effortlessly again, because not only does Lion Heart hit more times than both Omnislash and Blitz Ace, its hits actually deal a MULTIPLE of the base attack damage rather than a fraction like Omnislash and Blitz Ace.
Besides, FF VIII's Limit Break system allows for effortless spamming unlike either of the other games. Squall essentially gets multiple free hits every turn when compared to the other two - and that without assuming he has an uberpowerful build.

Overall, I have to say Squall would win, though both of the others would certainly put up a fight.

maybee
05-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Cecil would pwn them all. :doublecolbert:

Sephiroth
05-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Comparing the Limit Breaks of the three, we're in a bit of a ditch. The competition is inheritly badly balanced because X has Break Damage Limit and neither Cloud nor Squall do. Because of the different postgame standards, I'm gonna say hitting for 99999 in X counts as hitting for 9999 in VII and VIII. By this, Squall wins effortlessly again, because not only does Lion Heart hit more times than both Omnislash and Blitz Ace, its hits actually deal a MULTIPLE of the base attack damage rather than a fraction like Omnislash and Blitz Ace.
Besides, FF VIII's Limit Break system allows for effortless spamming unlike either of the other games. Squall essentially gets multiple free hits every turn when compared to the other two - and that without assuming he has an uberpowerful build.

That depends on counting stats and all that or not. Omnislash Version V/VI is supposed to be better than Omnislash, by the way and it does not even exist with stats but just storywise other than Omnislash and has really expressed its power in both versions.

Storywise it is Cloud with his Hero hax boost since it is a real "LIMIT Break" only used three times and only used against one enemy.

Stat wise, Squall, of course. End of Heart attacks more often. However, I always have the feeling people don't ask for this since they normally know that more > less.

Fynn
05-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Where the smurf is Zidane?

Loony BoB
05-06-2013, 12:16 PM
If you count battle systems and cheating and all that: Squall once he card mods his Laguna card.
But if we cut out all the bullcrap: Cloud.

Where the smurf is Zidane?
Probably took a wrong turn on the way to the fight. :p

Zeiferxx
05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Squall has better advantage than the two of them. His Limit Break Lionheart deals much damage than the other two's limits. If he is junctioned properly he can be almost instantly on the turn and do Lionheart over and over. Omnislash can rival Lionheart, but it can't beat it. Blitz Ace I won't mention because both Omnislash and Lionheart can best it.
Tidus is quicker than the others, but he is weaker in means of physical strenght and he would go down first. Of course if we look at it as three of them as 9999 HP. As I said before Squall can best Omnislash and in the end he would win over Cloud.

Skyblade
05-07-2013, 04:08 PM
It's Cloud.

All these characters share one particular trait: They can dish out far more than they can take.

It doesn't matter who has the most powerful attacks, it matters which of those attacks lands first. And Cloud has them beat on that issue.

The best thing Tidus and Squall can do is get Initiative, which allows the user to select battle commands immediately when a battle starts.

Cloud, however, has Sneak Attack. This triggers the attached command instantly when the battle begins. FFX's Great Malboros already show us that this is superior to Initiative (as their Bad Breath follows similar rules), and it would also trigger earlier than Squall's attack, because it would trigger while Squall was still selecting which attack to use.

So by pairing Sneak Attack with Materia like Knights of the Round or Double Cut (and possibly doing so multiple times), Cloud can easily destroy the other characters before they get to make a move.

Combine that with things like Final Attack + Revive or HP/MP Absorb, and the winner is fairly clear cut.

Jinx
05-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Tidus would lose only because he is the only one who has a sword proportionate to his body.

Zeiferxx
05-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Cloud 50% and Squall 50% so far. No hope for Tidus?

Sephiroth
05-07-2013, 08:07 PM

Maybe if he asks Yunalesca to make him the Final Aeon.

Zeiferxx
05-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Maybe if he asks Yunalesca to make him the Final Aeon.

Or if he gets better Overdrive.

Shorty
05-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Squall would win. Lion Heart does a phenomenal amount of damage.

maybee
05-09-2013, 07:54 AM
I hate this thread.

No Zidane

No Cecil

No Ashe

No Terra

Just HA HA HA HA HA HA, Harry Potter and Chocobo kid. :mad:

black orb
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
>>> mmm...
Tidus: fast but has too many unnecessary moves..
Cloud: strong but lacks the brains..
Squall: too full of himself..

a tie?

Aulayna
05-09-2013, 05:49 PM
If Squall gets a shot off then he'd kill someone. Other than that his tight hipster leather pants and assortment of belts are far too inconvenient to be flexible and nimble in combat.

By that same token Tidus has the most flexible clothing but also has a lot of bare flesh so would be very susceptible to getting hit.

Cloud is the most appropriately attired but has a gigantic sword which probably takes an age to swing leaving someone more flexible like Tidus to get a hit in.

In short, none of them. Irvine would shoot them all and then whip his hair back and look fabulous whilst strutting off into the sunset.

TrollHunter
05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I dont think we can look at this from a damage perspective as they'll all be 1-shotting eachother anyway and thats stupid.
I second aulaynas final decision.

Sephiroth
05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
If Squall gets a shot off then he'd kill someone.

If you mean a real shot - Squall's Gun-Blade cannot shoot. I know there is a picture with clips and the critical hit itself sounds like a shot but when comparing Squall and Yazoo's weapon Square stated Squall's cannot shoot. If you mean one-shotting like TrollHunter just like "one hit" in general for an OHKO it is still about counting just the story or the stats.

Cloud is the most appropriately attired but has a gigantic sword which probably takes an age to swing leaving someone more flexible like Tidus to get a hit in.

Cloud's swords are stated to be light-weighted (by himself in Dissidia). At least for him. He does not seem to be that slow, at least he could block some moves of Sephiroth who was toying with him.

maybee
05-10-2013, 08:48 AM
>>> mmm...

a tie?

They all attack each other at once it causes a huge explosion and then they all die. Sounds fair.

Loony BoB
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
>>> mmm...

a tie?
If Cloud lacks the brains, Tidus lacks a brain at all.

Skyblade
05-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I dont think we can look at this from a damage perspective as they'll all be 1-shotting eachother anyway and thats stupid.
I second aulaynas final decision.

Ok, then. Let's take a different perspective.

Cloud - Genetically modified superhuman
Squall - Normal human
Tidus - Undead normal human

Yeah, it still looks like Cloud to me. Rinoa as a sorceress and Yuna as a summoner would be better representatives from their games for this sort of assessment (where Rinoa would probably win).

Depression Moon
05-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I don't think you can that any of him are normal humans when all of them have killed godlike creatures and survived attacks that would kill any of us easily. Cloud can cut buildings in half, Squall took a giant icicle through the chest and lived, Tidus can hold his breath underwater for like forever and hurl and kick a ball at great speeds while underwater.

In this fight Tidus would be the 1st to lose. He lacks the ability to summon and if the other two start off summoning then he loses right then and there. I think Squall might win this though. It's hard to say who is more powerful going off from story since Cloud has been expanded more than Squall and Squall theoretically could be just as powerful or possibly stronger. Also why no Zidane?

black orb
05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
>>> mmm...

a tie?
>>> Whatever, being an emo does not help you in battle..:luca:

Karifean
05-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Good agility and Time Mage spells are natural to Tidus. He has a significant speed advantage over the others. Now this would actually help except for the Gunblades' unique ability to never miss their intended target.

maybee
05-11-2013, 08:35 AM
>>> mmm...

a tie?
>>> Whatever, being an emo does not help you in battle..:luca:

Cloud is only emo in Advent Children and that movie doesn't exist. Don't say it does, because it doesn't. You're wrong if you say that sad Fan- Fiction exists.
:doublecolbert:

Pike
05-12-2013, 02:34 PM

He's my favorite of the three by far but I don't see him actually winning.

Jaffer
05-13-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't think you can that any of him are normal humans when all of them have killed godlike creatures and survived attacks that would kill any of us easily. Cloud can cut buildings in half, Squall took a giant icicle through the chest and lived, Tidus can hold his breath underwater for like forever and hurl and kick a ball at great speeds while underwater.

Squall survived the Icicle because Edea went out of her way to heal him. He's not like Cloud, who five years before the start of his game, when he didn't have his superhuman enhancements yet, killed his nemesis while a sword was stuck in his chest.