PDA

View Full Version : The Onion has sleeper agents

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 01:15 PM
It's the only explanation I can come up with.

I mean, just read this. (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/06/25/coulter-growing-interest-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/) My theory is that in an attempt to commit the best farcical news practical joke to date, The Onion has managed to place their people in other "news" offices.

I particularly love her explanation for why the English measurement system is so rational compared to metric.

Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European. Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren't committing mass murder by guillotine.

Despite being subjected to Chinese-style brainwashing in the public schools to use centimeters and Celsius, ask any American for the temperature, and he'll say something like "70 degrees." Ask how far Boston is from New York City, he'll say it's about 200 miles.

Liberals get angry and tell us that the metric system is more "rational" than the measurements everyone understands. This is ridiculous. An inch is the width of a man's thumb, a foot the length of his foot, a yard the length of his belt. That's easy to visualize. How do you visualize 147.2 centimeters?

YEAH. Suck on that science! Why have a system of measurement based on something unreliable and random like the factor of ten when people can just use their thumbs?!? Everyone has the same sized thumb, dummies.

But seriously, someone go prove to me that she's a sleeper agent. :( I know people are rallying behind her, and it's depressing.

Pumpkin
06-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I... wait that was a serious statement? I thought that was a joke

A FOOT ISN'T EVEN THE LENGTH OF A FOOT UNLESS ITS A GIANT ONE

I Took the Red Pill
06-27-2014, 01:48 PM
In the same vein as the Westboro Baptist Church, Coulter makes absurdly outlandish statements to stir the pot, gain publicity, and ultimately, make money. And as with the WBC the best strategy is to ignore her altogether.

noxious.sunshine
06-27-2014, 01:57 PM
rofl

I'm pretty sure my dad watches her. Or listens. Is she on Fox News? Cuz if she is ,my dad watches. I'm p sure she is. Cuz my dad loves Bill O'Reilly and I see her on three from time to time.

KentaRawr!
06-27-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't even like soccer and she makes me want to watch soccer just to spite her. Maybe it's all a crazy marketing ploy. :eek:

Jiro
06-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Apparently she has a reputation for this. I am actually impressed at how unhinged her comments are. You have to be a special kind of crazy to come up with shit like this, let alone believe it.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm with ITtRP on this one. She's a business woman. The business is whipping up the uneducated masses into hate and bigotry, and sadly business is good. It's obvious she's doing it to make a buck, but the sad thing is that it works. There's people who want to hear this crap.

Which is why I wish she'd come out and say it was a big joke. Some one help me find where she's on The Onion's payroll.

Christmas
06-27-2014, 03:57 PM
What's her opinions on blitzball? :bigsmile:

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Not enough injuries or personal glory.

Also, the Ronso are taking all our jerbs.

The Guado run all the banks, Hollywood, and government agencies.

The Al Bhed are all terrorists.

Christmas
06-27-2014, 04:20 PM
We should take her to Zanarkand and turn her into a Final Aeon. :bigsmile:

She is meant to be Sin. :bigsmile:

Shorty
06-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Did she actually say that? Was that a thing she said?

Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European.

I... what?

Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren't committing mass murder by guillotine.

Guillotine is worse than like how we did the natives with gunfire and plagues, right, Ann? And what does this have to do with the first sentence? It doesn't even make sense xD

this person actually gets airtime whyyyy oh my god my head

Alive-Cat
06-27-2014, 05:00 PM
She is probably an evil bear wrapped in a human costume!

Shorty
06-27-2014, 05:01 PM
There are no such thing as evil bears. :colbert:

Evil mongooses, yes, I can see that.

Alive-Cat
06-27-2014, 05:05 PM
There are no such thing as evil bears. :colbert:

Evil mongooses, yes, I can see that.

Maybe not, I admit, I haven't met an evil bear before! I was just winging that statement, she's more likely mongoose, or something else that's more likely to be evil than a bear :greenie:

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Mongooses are awesome, and will not be associated with that bitch Coulter.

From now on, if anything is evil, it will actually be Coulter dressed up in a costume of whatever we're talking about.

escobert
06-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Why can't people just figure out that's all the media is there for. So everyone can find different reasons to separate ourselves from each other. Our entire world is run by gang mentality my side vs your side.

Fonzie
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Don't let her get a reaction out of you. These people will eventually fade into obscurity if others could just understand that Coulter and the like are paid to be offensive/inflammatory.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 07:14 PM
It's not that. I know her reaction is fake.

It's that she creates a genuine reaction from idiots, who then see this in a news format from a "syndicated journalist" and feel like their views aren't abysmal.

Fonzie
06-27-2014, 07:30 PM

It's that she creates a genuine reaction from idiots, who then see this in a news format from a "syndicated journalist" and feel like their views aren't abysmal.

She sort of wins because you made this thread in her honor though.

+1 Coulter

+0 Sharkums

:(

Alive-Cat
06-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Then to prevent her from winning, I suggest we change the thread topic to what is your favourite colour of floor tile? And why :greenie:

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2014, 08:39 PM

She sort of wins because you made this thread in her honor though.

+1 Coulter

+0 Sharkums

:(

Or discussing the fact that she's doing it for money and they're being willfully blind might make some of them think. Hopefully.

If no one talks about how crappy those types of view points are it means;

+1 Coulter's Wallet

+0 Well-being of society

Jiro
06-28-2014, 03:54 AM
I don't think us discussing it here has any real impact. But people discussing it in public, popular platforms merely sustain her, like some kind of Darth Nihilus type character.