PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil

Del Murder
04-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Anyone watching Daredevil on Netflix? It's really good. We're on episode 4 and it just introduced a major character (Kingpin) and then he proceeded to beat a guy to death with a car door. Badass!

The actor playing Matt is very charming and charismatic and the fight scenes are some of the most realistic I've seen in a superhero show. Production value for this show is great too.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Haven't seen it, but my parents seem to like it.

Has Elektra shown up yet?

Del Murder
04-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Not in what I've watched.

Ayen
04-23-2015, 01:37 AM
Didn't know it premiered. I'll have to check it out.

McLovin'
04-23-2015, 02:54 AM
Same guy who made Spartacus made it. Love it.

blackmage_nuke
04-23-2015, 04:09 AM
Maybe its just the way the word hits my ear but Gotham mentions "Gotham" less than Daredevil mentions "Hell's Kitchen". It feels like they say it 3 times in every scene.

I've watched to episode 6 and Im enjoying it.

CimminyCricket
04-23-2015, 03:51 PM
I marathoned it last Sunday. It was pretty spectacular and I would recommend it. I almost passed it up, though to be honest. My dad made me watch the first episode and totally worth it.

Miriel
04-23-2015, 05:32 PM
IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD OMG. OMGGGGG.

Rantz
04-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Anyone watching Daredevil on Netflix? It's really good. We're on episode 4 and it just introduced a major character (Kingpin) and then he proceeded to beat a guy to death with a car door. Badass!

The actor playing Matt is very charming and charismatic and the fight scenes are some of the most realistic I've seen in a superhero show. Production value for this show is great too.
This is where I'm currently at too and those are my exact opinions too. Vincent D'Onofrio does a fantastic Kingpin.

Fox
04-24-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm on episode 7 or so now. I think... it is really good! So well acted.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-26-2015, 06:07 AM
Do you guys have any idea when Netflix and Marvel will release Daredevil Season 1 on Blu-ray/DVD? Because I'd love to own a physical copy of it to add to my collection of Blu-rays. :)

Perducci
04-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Thought it was great, my second favourite entry in the MCU after Guardians of the Galaxy. Age of Ultron took the top spot after I watched it, but now that a few days have passed and the hype has died down I think I'm more excited to see more Daredevil than Avengers.

Season 2 confirmed, hopefully this isn't going to delay the other Netflix shows!

Del Murder
04-27-2015, 04:48 AM
Do you guys have any idea when Netflix and Marvel will release Daredevil Season 1 on Blu-ray/DVD? Because I'd love to own a physical copy of it to add to my collection of Blu-rays. :)
You're quite a character. What else do you have in your collection?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-27-2015, 05:07 AM
You're quite a character. What else do you have in your collection?

Well, I own most of the Marvel Phase 1 movies with the exception of The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and The Avengers. I do plan on buying The Incredible Hulk and The Avengers by the way but I don't care for the first Thor movie.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Nelson and Murdock, Avacodos at Law

Rantz
04-27-2015, 07:27 PM
I thought the last fight scene was pretty lol. The editing seemed a lot worse than other fight scenes, amateurish almost. I guess they tried to snazz it up a little extra but fell short.

Other than that it was a fantastic show, though. Looking forward to next season!

Del Murder
04-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Matt: Hi, I'm Matt, your new roommate.
Foggy: Matt Murdock? From Hell's Kitchen?
Matt: Yes I'm from Hell's Kitchen.
Foggy: I'm from Hell's Kitchen too!
Matt: Oh really, did you go to Hell's Kitchen High?
Foggy: No, I went to East Hell's Kitchen High.
Matt: Oh, on the other side of Hell's Kitchen.
Foggy: Yeah, I actually grew up in Upper East Hell's Kitchen. What part of Hell's Kitchen are you from?
Matt: South Central Hell's Kitchen.
Foggy: Hell's Kitchen.

Rantz
04-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah they kinda did say Hell's Kitchen in every other sentence. xD

Ayen
05-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Are you guys talking about Hell's Kitchen?

Rostum
05-01-2015, 02:01 AM
My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it, but that last fight scene seemed kind of meh...

Also it's as if they made him do silly exaggerated poses once he put on his new costume. ><;

krissy
05-21-2015, 01:44 AM
I thought the last fight scene was pretty lol. The editing seemed a lot worse than other fight scenes, amateurish almost. I guess they tried to snazz it up a little extra but fell short.

Other than that it was a fantastic show, though. Looking forward to next season!

exactly

Mr. Carnelian
05-22-2015, 02:41 PM
Also it's as if they made him do silly exaggerated poses once he put on his new costume. ><;

I agree. The new costume looks a bit silly, too. Did they HAVE to include the horns? Would anyone really have cared if they hadn't put the horns on?

In short, I'm not a big fan of the horned costume. It gives me flashbacks to THAT movie. The one so awful that it set the Daredevil franchise back years.

[Shudder]

Slothy
05-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Well the horns are one of the few key components of the costume. Without them he looks like a guy in a suit.

blackmage_nuke
05-23-2015, 06:02 AM
Daredevil without the horns would be like Batman without the ears or Superman without the S or Captain America without the Stars etc

Araciel
05-26-2015, 02:24 AM
Still can't believe it's the guy from Stardust.

Freya
03-21-2016, 03:25 AM
Bump.

Season 2 came out on Friday. Im only two episdoes in but damn, punisher is a beast. It's pretty great so far! Who else is chiming in for season two?

Del Murder
03-21-2016, 06:48 AM
I am also on episode 2 and I agree with you completely. This may be my favorite show.

Freya
03-21-2016, 02:21 PM
I was surprised with how early they introduced him though. I thought there would be more build up but I was satisfied with how they did it.

Rantz
03-21-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm watching! The new season is not disappointing so far. And I'd still go gay for Matt.

Del Murder
03-21-2016, 07:56 PM
I was surprised with how early they introduced him though. I thought there would be more build up but I was satisfied with how they did it.
Well, they do have Elektra to introduce too at some point so maybe they are going all out. I like it! I thought the way they introduced Punisher in episode 1 was awesome. I didn't like that actor from TWD but he's been good so far as Punisher.

Freya
03-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Yeah but I was thinking about it, I hated shane in TWD. I hated that character. He was such a jerk to the group. He tried to attack rick! But wait, I hated the character. The actor made me hate the character for plot reasons not for acting reasons. The actor did a great job of making me dislike the character. Then after seeing his punisher performance, I'm convinced he's actually quite a good actor!

Del Murder
03-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Shane kept rubbing his face nonstop in TWD and that was all the acting. Otherwise I can see your point.

Depression Moon
03-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Finished the whole series. Good trout once again. The ninja trout was blazing fire. I was finally able to get a proper exposure to The Hand and Elektra. None of that stuff we saw back in the early 2000s. This is the golden age of comic book movies and shows. I am ultra hyped for Luke Cage!

SammieBabe
03-22-2016, 01:24 PM
We started last night, and are 3 episodes in. Absolutely loving it.
I think Foggy may be my favorite character. He's at least, the least useless comic relief character I've seen in a long time.
Love what they've done with the Punisher and can't wait to see Elektra!

Slothy
03-22-2016, 02:24 PM
I don't really think that daredevil and his desire to not kill are too much like Batman. He won't kill because he literally believes he'll to to hell if he does, even though he actually wants to kill his enemies. Hence his focus on fighting for the law, even more so than justice as Batman would. Batman doesn't work inside the law, and frankly doesn't really care that he doesn't either. Daredevil tries to because he wants the system to work and it's a constant conflict in him that it doesn't but he still wants to believe in it, even when people like Fisk subvert the law and it's institutions completely. There's a lot more nuance there than with Batman for me.

And as far as the ninja stuff, give me daredevil over Batman just because in this show he's a damn badass and does it without the money and gadgets.

Del Murder
03-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Matt really upped his fighting skills this season. He is doing some crazy trout.

Episode 3 was probably the best episode in this series. You really got to see the contrast between Daredevil and Punisher and it ended with one of the best shot fight scenes I have ever seen on TV or film.

Slothy
03-22-2016, 07:09 PM
That was the stairwell fight as i recall? This show really does well choreographed and shot fight scenes. Better than 99% of shows and movies out there, even in season 1. The hallway fight with the Russians early in that season was a real standout too.

SammieBabe
03-23-2016, 04:53 PM
The stairwell fight was brilliant.
Only got through one episode last night, but the scene with Daredevil and the Punisher in the Cemetery was some great acting on Jon Bernthal's part.

And Tampa Comic Con yesterday announced that Charlie Cox is coming!! :D