PDA

View Full Version : Was Tidus real before he became a dream? or was he created?

Mercer
05-02-2016, 09:07 PM
So. I was wondering. The Spira that Tidus is unfamiliar with is 1,000 years into the future. So as the story progresses. Tidus is referred to as a Dream of the Fayth. So what I'm wondering. Was Tidus a real person in his time and was pulled from his time to stop Sin?....or was Tidus just a mix of thousands of dead people or the Fayth that they dreamed up and he was an avatar of the Fayth fighting as one individual with a false history and childhood to make him sentient?

Sephiroth
05-02-2016, 09:28 PM
I always have very hard time understanding what people mean with "real" because many do not understand that Tidus is in fact real. He has a physical body and the consciousness of an individual being. His existence is merely bound to the dream. But if that is what you mean, okay.

And the game basically hints everything Dream Zanarkand is supposed to be is a manifest of memories of Zanarkand that Yevon wanted to be kept alive. So yes, you could say so. And X-2 showed the blueprint for Tidus, even though it was never fully explained if and how much the connection is supposed to be, as Tidus is his own working person with another family and life, et cetera so you could say Dream Zanarkand is a reflection but not supposed to reflect everything exactly the same way and definitely not supposed to be a place for exactly the deceased ones to live in.

Mr. Carnelian
05-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Isn't Tidus a dream version of Shuyin? That's what I assumed, seeing as their appearance and backstories as blitzball players are virtually identical.

Sephiroth
05-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Isn't Tidus a dream version of Shuyin? That's what I assumed, seeing as their appearance and backstories as blitzball players are virtually identical.

I wanted to say that without saying his name. Just that X-2 never was totally fleshing it out.

FFNut
05-03-2016, 03:45 PM
I never really understood if he was indeed real or not. He is real in the story, he isn't just a ghost floating around that no one can talk to, or touch. I fact he makes a star out of himself in the Blitzball. He makes conscience decisions that effect the life given to him, and shows emotion throughout. If that is what you call real, then he is real. However he wasn't created in the same way we would conceive creation of another person I'd say he is very much real in that world.

Sephiroth
05-03-2016, 06:59 PM
I never really understood if he was indeed real or not. He is real in the story, he isn't just a ghost floating around that no one can talk to, or touch. I fact he makes a star out of himself in the Blitzball. He makes conscience decisions that effect the life given to him, and shows emotion throughout. If that is what you call real, then he is real. However he wasn't created in the same way we would conceive creation of another person I'd say he is very much real in that world.

Actually it is possible that he was still conceived by Jecht and Tidus's mother. They were corporeal after all as well so nothing forbids that. It is never hinted though if his own birth was actually through the summoned dream or if he was conceived the ordinary way, still making him bound to the dream.