PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Last Jedi (aka Episode VIII)

charliepanayi
01-23-2017, 05:24 PM
It has a name now anyway. Commence hype and predictions for the film here.

Fynn
01-23-2017, 05:27 PM
Luke dies

Formalhaut
01-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Sounds pretty scary, eh?

Bubba
01-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Luke dies

I was gonna follow straight on with "Leia dies" then I remembered :(

Fox
01-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Jedi is plural as well as singular. Maybe there's a secret planet full of the bastards

charliepanayi
01-23-2017, 10:56 PM
So it's like Aliens?

Vincent, Thunder God
01-24-2017, 01:10 AM
Luke dies

Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.

Sephex
01-24-2017, 05:20 AM
My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.

No matter what, color me excited. It will be nice to see Mark Hamill back in action with more than a slow turn and look of despair/determination! My only fear is that even if everything else in the movie feels different (like comparing Empire to A New Hope at the time), having Luke instead of Han as "mentor man" might feel repetitive.

krissy
01-24-2017, 05:26 AM
TRAINING MONTAGE WITH SMASH MOUTH'S 'ALL STAR (wars)'

maybee
01-24-2017, 06:50 AM
TRAINING MONTAGE WITH SMASH MOUTH'S 'ALL STAR (wars)'

Just pictured Luke farting and in a scottish voice saying to Rey " Better out than in ".

Fox
01-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Luke dies

Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.

They're gonna blow up another planet aren't they

Vincent, Thunder God
01-24-2017, 08:31 PM
Luke dies

They're gonna blow up another planet aren't they

I didn't think of that. I guess that would be the easiest way to write in her death offscreen but it would be a pretty lame death for such an important character.

Slothy
01-24-2017, 08:38 PM
My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.

Or it could just refer to the fact that Luke is presently the Last Jedi and will be a major player in the film.

Aulayna
01-24-2017, 11:49 PM
Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Well the Force apparently wasn't very strong.

It's a joke. Please don't hurt me.

Sephex
01-25-2017, 02:26 AM

Or it could just refer to the fact that Luke is presently the Last Jedi and will be a major player in the film.

It could be that simple too, yes. After making that post I recalled that Yoda said in Return of the Jedi that once he passes, the last of the Jedi Luke will be.

Cell
01-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Could be that the guardians of the Force in future films might not technically be Jedi (like Donnie Yen's character in Rogue One) or some sort of mixed users, who combine elements of the dark side with the force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Or something.

maybee
01-25-2017, 04:52 PM

Hmm yeah agree with this theory,this movie is just going to be heavily Luke focused and be about his return.

Del Murder
01-25-2017, 11:32 PM
Could be that the guardians of the Force in future films might not technically be Jedi (like Donnie Yen's character in Rogue One) or some sort of mixed users, who combine elements of the dark side with the force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Or something.
That was my thought too. Perhaps the only way to end this destructive conflict of light and dark once and for all is to blend them. The Force is with everyone, not just Jedi.

Scruffington
01-26-2017, 03:32 AM
Really excited for Episode VIII. TFA was a fantastic movie. I definitely need to rewatch it soon.

Sephiroth
01-27-2017, 04:49 AM
I thought that Luke is gonna die once I was out of the movie for the first time.

charliepanayi
04-14-2017, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Sephex
04-14-2017, 06:41 PM

hype

Formalhaut
04-14-2017, 06:48 PM
:omgomg:

Del Murder
04-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Will this be the Empire of this trilogy? This trailer certainly is paving the way for that.