PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, "scary" movies!

Imperia
04-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Which movies that have been labeled as a horror film did you think was really stupid? So stupid that it was really funny to you, or just made you flat-out yawn?

metCloud
04-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Dead-Alive...Not too popular so you may have never heard of it.

Shoeberto
04-11-2004, 02:30 AM
Return of the Living Dead. It didn't make me laugh, I just thought it was flat-out stupid.

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2004, 02:54 AM
All of the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street movies. They're friggin hilariously bad, and not scary at all.

I didnt find Poltergiest scary, nor The Exorcist.

Kirobaito
04-11-2004, 02:55 AM
The Exorcist was not at all scary to any extent of the imagination. It was just simply disturbing to watch.

Bernhard
04-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Most of them, sadly. The biggest disappointment, however, would have to be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1973). I wasn't scared once. Surprised: one lousy time.

BatChao
04-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Dead-Alive...Not too popular so you may have never heard of it.

Wait... Dead Alive is a supposed to be funny. It has to be... On a side not, I can't believe Peter Jackson went from Dead Alive type movies to LoTR. Wierdo. Though I must say Dead Alive was better than LoTR.

Thirteen Ghosts was pretty funny, but I think it was supposed to be that way...

Shlup
04-11-2004, 10:17 AM
All of the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street movies. They're friggin hilariously bad, and not scary at all.

I didnt find Poltergiest scary, nor The Exorcist.What about that one you used to make fun of in high school? What was it... The Crucible or something?

jrgen
04-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Evil dead.
I laughed through the whole thing.
They must've had the worst editor known to mankind.

metCloud
04-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Evil Dead is a great movie. Whoa Peter Jackson directed Dead-Alive, I had no clue! I know Dead-Alive was meant to be funny but when I saw the cover I expected I to be more serious.

Peegee
04-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Most horror movies are stupid. That's why they are so great.

There's something wrong when you're just laughing your head off throughout the Exorcist.

TheAbominatrix
04-12-2004, 12:10 AM
What about that one you used to make fun of in high school? What was it... The Crucible or something?

Oh oh I completly forgot! The Unnamable. The worst horror movie ever made, right down to the final detail. It was all just... bad. Rent this movie if you ever find it.

Peegee
04-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Here's the preview for 'the Unnamable' (http://videodetective.com/home.asp?x=y&SpeedTestResults=847.06&PublishedID=906408&AltID=&CustomerID=97135&WM=True&Ads=True&Play=TRUE)

Stick to Japanese horror movies. They are better. Here's a pointless fact: PG is not scared of any horror movie except Ringu. When I first watched it I was pretty impressed that a movie could scare me (in *that* scene). What's impressive is that NOW I cannot bear to watch the movie as it builds up to *that* scene.

If I ever overcome Ringu, I will never be afraid of any horror movie :D

Imperia
04-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Any old-time scary movie is hilarious to me. Back then, it was scary to others, but when I look at them, I can't help but laugh.

I thought the movie "Child's Play" was really stupid. People being attacked by a doll... Ehh. :eep:

Mr. Graves
04-12-2004, 05:05 AM
Return of the Living Dead. It didn't make me laugh, I just thought it was flat-out stupid.

I was about to stay something along those lines.

I was disappointed in it as a legitimate scary movie, but I did chuckle at the extreme cheeziness a few times.

Bolt
04-15-2004, 03:56 AM
-The Blair Witch project *sigh* this was horrable but it was pretty funny when that guy said he lost the map hehehe but that other girl got really pissed I don't know their names because it was gay (my opinion) and it was a waste of time. :eep:

LH
04-15-2004, 05:16 AM
It'd be simpler to make a list of horror movies that aren't stupid. Here's a start: Romero's Dead trilogy. Some Fulci movies aren't half-bad either.

I guess no one's seen Jason X? The staff realized that Friday the 13th movies are not taken seriously and really played with self-mockery a lot. I think Jason X would be better categorized as a comedy.

muchacho
04-16-2004, 03:54 AM
there was a movie me and my friend rented just b/c it looked funny. "the mangler" was its name. it was about a killer cloths steam and press machine. the person would be pressing their clothes and it would suck them up and crush them....... yeah it was as bad as it sounds, and now for the catch....... THEY MADE A SEQUEL!!!1

Peegee
04-16-2004, 11:07 AM
I just watched 'Darkness falls'. I must say, the first scene was particularly scary. Then it just goes steadily bad. I thought that the movie would have more jump sequences (it really made me "scared", or rather "shocked"), but it just becomes an action/drama later. Not good. Not bad though.

I'm going to try to find the unnamable next. :p