PDA

View Full Version : how can ffx be so disgusting???

stefan
07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
really guys.... havent played x-2(which i expect to be even rettihs) yet but this game is clearly one of the tseyag of all time

ok, thingz i really hate about it:

-the characters, theyre yag. the voice acting contributes highly to this
-the whole american-ness of the blitzball thing. i hate america, especially american sports, which is exactly what blitzball sounds like. the commentator is majorly yag: "this is exciting, HUH FOLKS?!?!?" - :love::love::love::love: OFF
-the way they say "chocobo"
-the temples puzzles and stuff are majorly yag - wow, moving spheres from hole A to hole B. THRILLING
-blitzball itself is just prac
-there are too many cutscenes. they really might as well have just made it into a movie
-the pal conversion is utter kcoc - huge borders and slow-motion-esque speed
-the music so far is below-par for the ff series
-battles are dull as :love::love::love::love:
-its the same old formula and its tiresome
-it feels rough around the edges - feet going through the ground and glitches like that
-its not true 360-degree control, more like 16-direction control. even ff8 had 360-degree control
-SPOILER - sin is jecht haha what the :love::love::love::love:, thats exactly the sort of tired "shock" that ive come to expect from the ff series. someone in the game is related to someone else in the game - I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY SURPRISE - /SPOILER

and funnily enough, i wouldnt use "shock" as the word to describe how i felt when that particular bit of information was revealed. it was more like...

my mind: "ah cutscene, how boring... hmm wait auron's building up to something here... is he gonna reveal something big about the plot... about jecht?... hmm... oh man no, please god haha it can't be... i bet it is you know, thats how tihs final fantasys become these days... ahaha"

auron: "that's right, sin is jecht"

me: "yes, AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

-feels like a missed opportunity so far - the setting is pretty cool, a water-covered world. shame the 'game' so far is so kcac

things i like about it so far:
-nice setting
-nice water graphics
-....um. nice box art?

this games most likely to win the best turd on a chain connected to the back of my house during september award

ok edited out swearwords np

TasteyPies
07-09-2004, 04:26 PM
I agree that the voice acting sucked and ffx is not my fav. I have to say it has a good replay factor though. If you wan't to rant about something talk about how much ffx-2 sucks! :D

Ultima Shadow
07-09-2004, 04:34 PM
really guys.... havent played x-2(which i expect to be even rettihs) yet but this game is clearly one of the tseyag of all time

ok, thingz i really hate about it:

-the whole american-ness of the blitzball thing. i hate america, especially american sports, which is exactly what blitzball sounds like. the commentator is majorly yag: "this is exciting, HUH FOLKS?!?!?" - :love::love::love::love: OFF
-the temples puzzles and stuff are majorly yag - wow, moving spheres from hole A to hole B. THRILLING
-blitzball itself is just prac
-there are too many cutscenes. they really might as well have just made it into a movie
-its the same old formula and its tiresome
-it feels rough around the edges - feet going through the ground and glitches like that
-its not true 360-degree control, more like 16-direction control. even ff8 had 360-degree control
-SPOILER - sin is jecht haha what the :love::love::love::love:, thats exactly the sort of tired "shock" that ive come to expect from the ff series. someone in the game is related to someone else in the game - I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY SURPRISE - /SPOILER

and funnily enough, i wouldnt use "shock" as the word to describe how i felt when that particular bit of information was revealed. it was more like...

my mind: "ah cutscene, how boring... hmm wait auron's building up to something here... is he gonna reveal something big about the plot... about jecht?... hmm... oh man no, please god haha it can't be... i bet it is you know, thats how tihs final fantasys become these days... ahaha"

auron: "that's right, sin is jecht"

me: "yes, AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

-feels like a missed opportunity so far - the setting is pretty cool, a water-covered world. shame the 'game' so far is so kcac

things i like about it so far:
-nice setting
-nice water graphics
-....um. nice box art?

this games most likely to win the best turd on a chain connected to the back of my house during september award

ok edited out swearwords np
:screwy:

If you wan't to rant about something talk about how much ffx-2 sucks! :D
:thumb:

Old Manus
07-09-2004, 04:46 PM
FLAME WAR ALERT

Cuchullain
07-09-2004, 07:02 PM
X has a good storyline. Not the best ever, but I've played worse. I quite enjoy it myself.

nik0tine
07-09-2004, 07:16 PM
i liked it. not the best, but i liked it. its not as bd as ffx-2, which is one of the worst games i have ever played. ever.

SomethingBig
07-09-2004, 07:49 PM
*Weeps a river* I love you, Stefan. What does "yag", "tseyag", and "rettihs" mean? I agree with everything you said except the chocobo thing... I thought they pronounced it fine...?

SeeDRankLou
07-09-2004, 08:31 PM
What does "yag", "tseyag", and "rettihs" mean?

Read the words backwards.

I liked the game, but I guess they can't please everyone. If you want something that isn't the same old formula, you might actually enjoy FFX-2.

CloudySky
07-09-2004, 10:09 PM
FFX is a VERY good game and I could make a real war here, but I won't, cos I think stefan wants a flaming war and that's only meaning of this thread. If he hates FF he shouldn't be posting at any FF forum.

kikimm
07-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Jeez...well, I liked it a lot, one of my favorite FFs, but hey, that's just my opinion. I'll admit that the voice acting wasn't the best I've ever heard---I cannot STAND it when Yuna talks, it is so obnoxious. So high, and....it makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Blitzball wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Never got Wakka's final weapon. In this game, it was REALLY hard to get the weapons, so I didn't even try. Too much crap to go through.

But otherwise, I thought this game was really good. I'd play it again. *shrugs*

:D

black orb
07-09-2004, 11:11 PM

>>> WTF?! the music was the best I`ve heard and the battle system is perfect..

Michiru
07-09-2004, 11:26 PM
If you wan't to rant about something talk about how much ffx-2 sucks! :D

Or Final Fantasy VII!

:D

Sorry about that folks, but looks like this person has some sort of weird agenda against the game.

:rolleyes2

Ultima Shadow
07-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Or Final Fantasy VII!

:eek: :nonono: :x_x: :whaaa: :whoa: :irked: ...and just for the sake of it>>> :fpnerd: !
But seriously... I only know 2 things about FFVII that not is good... Ultimate Weapon is far to weak and it take less than 100 hours to finish... oh, and there's no card game.
But there's so much good about the game... all in all it's a true gift from god! :bow: :banana:

Michiru
07-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Relax, I hate no FF, I guess I'm the only person that doesn't dislike any of them.

SomethingBig
07-09-2004, 11:50 PM
If he hates FF he shouldn't be posting at any FF forum.

He only said that he hated FFX, not the series in general. My friends and I love the FF series and would choose a new FF game over any other game any day, but we despise FFX with a burning passion.

Xander
07-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Can everyone please stick to the topic of why FFX is/isn't good, and not complaining about Stefan's post or discussing other FF games. =]

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 12:07 AM
I hayt effeffex cos tydis r teh gehy1!!

Should I just copy and paste all my reasons from the other thread? Fine, I'll just list the problems in short hand.

-Boring
-Linear
-Repetitive(There's no way that you can argue with this. No way)
-Easy
-Horrible character development(If you can actually call it that)
-Horrible plot development
-Horrible battle system, which is just a clone of the Pokemon battle system.

Good points:
-Great graphics
-Sphere Grid... I think
-Um... Um... Snow

Ultima Shadow
07-10-2004, 12:27 AM
-Boring- If you lack patisience
-Easy- Dark Aeons and Penance is all but easy
-Horrible character development(If you can actually call it that)- Not Auron
-Horrible plot development- Not horrible
-Horrible battle system, which is just a clone of the Pokemon battle system.- NO WAY! Far better than in FFX2.

Michiru
07-10-2004, 12:29 AM
Plus, you cannot count Yuna and Rikku too, because their characters develop more in in X-2.

MasterGuardian
07-10-2004, 12:35 AM
THEY SHOULD OF KEPT AURON NOT TO HATE BUT THERE HAD TO AT LEAST BE ONE BOY ISTEAD OF TIDUS INTHE END GIVE ME A BREAK
Plus, you cannot count Yuna and Rikku too, because their characters develop more in in X-2.

dman
07-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Both Yuna and Tidus' voices are terrible, and it detracts from the game, because they're the main characters and all, and you hear them the most. The others were ok, but there's still room for improvement.

Don't see how you can hate a game just because it's "American." Unless its one of those "Counter Terrorist vs Terrorist-excessive American patriotism-FPS-need a $1000 gfx card" games.

Agreed.

You forgot about the dark aeons. They absolutely rock. And the borders, for me anyway, are not a problem. They're actually a bonus. FF on my widescreen TV? OMFG! But yeah, it's not so nice on a average 4:3 TV. As for framerate...Ok, we're missing out on 10Hz. But on NTSC, the colours seem "white-washed"/bleached and it doesn't look good at all.

You can't pull off another FFVI. FFX's not the best, but certainly isn't the worst.

I found them to be better. The CTB was a nice addition, allowing for more strategy and such. Only my opinion though.

FF8 was just 3D models on a prerendered background. And I've never seen a camera angle change. It will never be as good as a true 3D world. FF8's world map has only 4-directional control I believe. I can't remember, it actually could have been 8-directional, which is still less than FFX's.

That's all I have time for.

TasteyPies
07-10-2004, 01:21 AM
FF8's world map has only 4-directional control I believe. I can't remember, it actually could have been 8-directional, which is still less than FFX's.

No, ffX doesn't have a proper world map and ff8s world map had the option to rotate the camera verry smoothly by pressing R1 or L1 I think.

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 01:32 AM
There will be unmarked spoilers in this.

If you lack patisience
I have all the patience in the world. But my patience runs out when the same thing happens over and over again.

Dark Aeons and Penance is all but easy
I meant the actual game itself and not the side things. Plus, I don't think the US version had Dark Aeons, so I wouldn't know anything about them.

Not Auron(character development)
What character development? I didn't see any with Auron? If you meant plot twist, then I'd get what you're saying. His being an unsent wasn't much of a twist. The second I realized he was an unsent, I started to cry at the horrible so-called twist. No, I didn't figure it out at the end, but at the part where they go into the Farplane and Auron refuses to go. Tidus was still a cry baby at the end. Auron was still tough as ever. Khimari was as quiet as ever, but tolerated Tidus(God knows how). Wakka. Ah, Wakka. The most unimportant character developed the most. He went from being a nice guy who did everything he was told to a "traitorous" fellow. Lulu was still sister-like and still acted properly towards Tidus. Yuna's development, as someone said before, happens in FFX-2. Rikku was still as cute and cuddly as ever.(^_^)

Horrible plot development- Not horrible
God, I shouldn't have even added the word "development" there. Actually, I'll keep that in there. But, I will add in a word: Linear. "Horrible, linear plot development." What in God's name happened to those amazing, literally mind-boggling plots that Square used to make(Xenogears, FFVII, FFVI)? What's with this straight-forward nonsense? The enemy actually being the main character's father? That's the oldest, worst, and most used plot twist ever. Heck, it's so out-dated that it shouldn't even be considered a twist.

NO WAY! Far better than in FFX2.
You're joking, right? No, seriously, you're joking, right? *Sees Ultima Shadow shaking his head* Well, okay. CTB - Almost exactly like the Pokemon battle system, relying on agility or speed. The higher your agility or speed stat is, the higher the chance of the turn of one of your characters being next. Heck, I had more fun playing Pokemon. At least in Pokemon, the enemies could and would do different things. I could be battling a trainer's Venasaur with my Charizard and he could, all of a sudden, replace his Venasaur with a Blastoise! Oh the insanity! One spell made all the difference in FFX: Haste/Hastega. My brother was having trouble with the Sanctuary Keeper on Mt. Gagazet. Tidus was 2-3 sphere levels away from acquiring Hastega, but my brother said, "What the heck. He couldn't be too hard, could he?" My brother was clobbered. I told him to get Hastega. 2 Sphere levels later, boom. He killed the Sanctuary Keeper. Oh, and with ease.

FFX-2 - the return to the great ATB system. God how I missed it. Wait, but there's a difference? Stronger and more effective offensive attacks take longer to execute than easier attacks? You can now execute attacks in chains to deal more damage?! Hot dog! FFX-2 required quick thinking and a lot of strategy. You couldn't just keep using the most powerful spell or just keep attacking, like in most FF's. FFX-2's battle system was aiming for a very fast-paced battle system, and wow did Square-Enix succeed with that. But there was a catch. Now, the enemies could actually delay your movements, breaking your chain attack. This called for timed attacks; thus more strategic thinking. The battles were also the hardest I've ever faced in any FF. I actually ran from battles and I never do that in RPG's.

dman
07-10-2004, 01:57 AM
No, ffX doesn't have a proper world map and ff8s world map had the option to rotate the camera verry smoothly by pressing R1 or L1 I think.

True, FFX doesn't have a world map. I was comparing FFX's field map to FF8's field and world maps. Other than the running away from Dark Magus Sisters minigame (shudders), I don't think camera control was needed.

p.s.
Is it just me, or does the Calm Lands have a "world map-esque" feeling to it? Like when you go to Rin's shop, it changes from the Calm Lands map to a seperate map, much like entering a town in any other FF.

Michiru
07-10-2004, 02:16 AM
SomethingBig, altough I disagree with your views on FFX, I agree with you on FFX-2. What I love about it is the fact it changed my view on Yuna. I mean, at first, I thought her character was poorly developed. I couldn't stand her voice and the .... way .... she .... acted .... like .... this .... but then the sequel came out and finally, she was able to do the opposite of all the stupid things she did in the first game! It was something great to see!

:)

SomethingBig
07-10-2004, 02:20 AM
Oh, heckz yeah. I loved Yuna's energetic, no-one's-gonna-put-me-down personality from FFX-2.

Big D
07-10-2004, 05:58 AM
"Good" and "bad" are matters of opinion, neither right nor wrong. Just different from one individual to the next. What one person likes may be what another dislikes.

And swearing is still swearing, whether you write it backwards or not.

This thread is still very flamey in spite of Xander's kind and reasonable warning, so I think I'll close it.