PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics Trivia!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Stimpy141
11-03-2004, 02:28 AM
I'm sure you know how this works, first person to answer the question makes a new question for a new person to answer, then whoever answers that has to answer another one, and so on. Here's mine! :D

To start off with an easy one...

Who is Wiegraf's Sister?

The Amazing Spiderman
11-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Miluda.

Next question:

How was Delita's status improving since the beginning of the game?

Check mate!
you know from squire to king

Ragnarok
11-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Well you see him as a Holy Knight at Zirekile Falls, I would say thats an improvement from squire.

Q: How much mp does the spell "Frog" consume?

Necronopticous
11-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Frog costs 12 mp I think

BG-57
11-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Frog costs 12 mp I think

You're right, so you're entitled to ask the next question. :)

Necronopticous
11-04-2004, 03:30 AM
Who can the Genji equipment be stolen from?

The Amazing Spiderman
11-04-2004, 03:39 AM
The Genji equipment can be stolen from Marquis Emdlor (sp?)

Now, my next question....

What's the weapon formula (formula to know how much damage you can do with your weapon) for a Knight Sword?

Stimpy141
11-05-2004, 06:14 AM
[Br/100 * PA] * WP

The Amazing Spiderman
11-05-2004, 10:30 PM
What I can't understand is...

Why don't you post a question when you know you're 100% correct?

This is faster than waiting for the person who asked the question says "correct, now you ask"

Stimpy141
11-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Ok sorry.

My question:
Where was St. Ajora executed and buried?

DeBlayde
11-06-2004, 05:33 AM
Golrand Execution site?

I'm not sure. just guessing. (hides)

Jolts
11-06-2004, 10:16 AM
In Ivalice...somewhere :p.

Stimpy141
11-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Wrong, it is a 2 part question.

MoonsEcho
11-06-2004, 08:10 PM
He was executed at the Golgorand (sp?) Execution Site. About the burial....I'm not 100% sure I remember right, but wasn't it some church in Murond?

EDIT: If by some chance that does happen to be correct, someone else can ask the next question. I suck at thinking up good ones.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Yes, he was executed at golorand, if I remember. And probably was buried in Murond, which was the reason Vormav took Alma there.

The question could be.....

Q: What happens if you have a unit with fly and equipped some Feather boots, you move him to a chocobo, and then on his next turn?

If the question's confusing, answer this one...

Q: Who was Bariaus, and where did he died?

UltimaLimit
11-07-2004, 03:07 AM
And then on his next turn what?

I want to know so I can try. :confused: :choc: :confused:

Stimpy141
11-07-2004, 03:59 AM
You never fully answered the question. St. Ajora was executed in Golgorand Execution Site, and you just said buried in "Murond". There are 2 Muronds... Murond Holy Place and Murond Death City. You were close enough... it is Murond Death City.

Stimpy141
11-07-2004, 04:31 AM
"Who was Bariaus, and where did he died?"

Bariaus was St. Ajora's disciple. He was executed at Bariaus Hill.

Next question-
Who challenges you to a fight on the last floor of Deep Dungeon?

UltimaLimit
11-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Elidibs?

Stimpy141
11-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Right. Your turn :D

The Amazing Spiderman
11-08-2004, 02:02 AM
I said the murond where Vormav took Alma...;)

Q: What happens if you have a unit with fly and equipped some Feather boots, you move him to a chocobo, and then MOVE on his next turn?

Forgot that. My bad.

Post a question quickly, and next try to tag it along your answer if you're 100% correct, to speed up the thread. ;)

UltimaLimit
11-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Sorry, I was sick. But I'm better now, so here goes:

Which of the following moves cannot be countered?
1) Dash
2) Throw Stone
3) Geomancy of any sort

NOTE: I mean, which won't trigger Counter or Counter Tackle or whatever (direct Counterattacks). I'm ignoring other reaction abilities such as Gilgame Heart, Dragon Spirit, Sunken State, Blade Grasp, etc.

BG-57
11-10-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm going to go with 'Throw Stone', but I'm not 100% sure that it's the right answer. I've tried it and it doesn't seem to trigger 'Counter' or 'Counter Tackle', even at point blank range.

UltimaLimit
11-11-2004, 08:12 AM
You're correct. It's actually a trick question: neither Throw Stone or Dash will trigger a counterattack. (Geomancy will, if the enemy has Counter Flood.) I never specified that both correct answers were necessary, so I'll count Throw Stone and give you the right to the next question. And in the meantime I think I'll try that Chocobo thing. (Would that give me the right to the next question after BG-57, or was Spidey just being sarcastic like I suspect?) :p

BG-57
11-11-2004, 01:58 PM
That was tricky! :greenie:

This one could either be very easy or very difficult:

Name the two movie characters that Reis and Beowulf are clearly based on.

Hint: the plot of the movie involves a couple separated by a transformative curse inflicted by a jealous vengeful priest. Where have I heard that before? ;)

UltimaLimit
11-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Q: What happens if you have a unit with fly and equipped some Feather boots, you move him to a chocobo, and then MOVE on his next turn?
Actually, it wouldn't have mattered if you added the next part, since you cannot move on the next turn. If someone has Fly movement ability and Feather Boots and they move onto the Chocobo, the game gets stuck with a weird animation that looks like the unit is trying to walk on the Chocobo. The game freezes, except the music still plays and you can fool with the camera angle, which really doesn't do you much good since it won't do anything else. :riiight: Don't try this! :eek:

The Amazing Spiderman
11-12-2004, 10:13 PM
(Would that give me the right to the next question after BG-57, or was Spidey just being sarcastic like I suspect?)

-Ultima limit

Nah, but hey...you answered it! Huzzah!

Two movie characters?! eh....The beauty and the beast comes to my mind...So I guess I won't answer.

Jolts
11-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Well, I'm sure they made a movie of the play about Beowulf, if that counts, but since I don't really know the play, I haven't the foggiest who the play's Beowulf's girlfriend/wife is.

Stimpy141
11-13-2004, 04:14 AM
I do not know the answer to your question, but don't you think it is kind of an off topic question?

BG-57
11-13-2004, 03:10 PM
It's off topic if you consider inspiration for the game off topic. Which I didn't. :greenie:

Here's a different question: name two pairs of characters who have the same non-generic default character class (like Holy Swordsman or Arc Knight).

The Amazing Spiderman
11-14-2004, 02:25 AM
Agrias, Delita : Holy knight

Celia, Lede: Assasin

Mustadio, Balk: Engineer

Vormav, Rofel/ Meliadoul: Divine knight

I give you two for free.

Controllable units...or not?

Q: Who has the Libra stone before they give it to you?

BG-57
11-14-2004, 04:23 AM
I was thinking of the obvious classes like Divine Knight and Engineer, but I figured there would be more. Well done! :)

Answer: T.G. Cid carries the Libra stone before giving it to the party.

Question: Who thinks Evanescence is a sad word? A definition would be nice but not necessary.

UltimaLimit
11-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Agrias. She says, when you press SELECT and hit O over her name:
"Evanescence... what a sad word..."

I don't have a dictionary handy, but evanescence (aside from being a band) means something about the way water mist evaporates or something like that. :save: I don't really remember too well.

Edit: Oh, duh, forgot the question. OK, I've thought of one:

Will the Chemist ability Throw Item expand the range of the Ninja's Throw command from 5 to 7? Or at all, for that matter?

Jolts
11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
The distance to a Ninja's 'Throw' ability is based on his/her movement statistic. I'm pretty sure Equipping 'Throw Item' has no effect on that.

Evanescence (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=evanescence)

UltimaLimit
11-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Correct. And don't ask me how I got my Move to 7 because I honestly don't remember.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Move+ 3 on the ninja if male, or germinas boots and move+2 if female. Ninjas have inherited movement of 4.

Anyway, post a question, now!

Jolts
11-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Okay, here's an easy one.

When moving to the top of the 'volcano' without the 'Move-Find Item' ability equip, or after you've already aquired the Materia Blade, what happens?

The Amazing Spiderman
11-16-2004, 12:55 AM
You trigger the trap?

If correct, someone else post a question, I'm out of ideas.

Jolts
11-16-2004, 01:28 AM
You were supposed to give what the trap does, but I guess your answer is good enough.

It's a Death Sentence trap, by the way.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Forgot to put that, sorry. =/

Well, here goes my question...

Q: Name all the ways you can the "Reraise" status in battle. (Inherited, abilities, etc.)

dodhungry
11-17-2004, 12:06 AM
well lets see raise, raise 2, phonex down, revive, reraise, Dragon spirit umm I think thats it. Any way here is my question: how many people attend the funeral (that you see) in the ending seen?

Despotus
11-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Phoenix Down, Raise, Raise 2,and Revive...won't give you the 'reraise' stat... but Reraise, and Dragon Spirit are definitely right.
Calculator's math skill is a great way to give it to a lot of characters at once, and there are two(?) accessories that have it: Angel Rings, and my favorite, the Chantage. :angel: Maybe I've missed one...does being undead and coming back after 3 turns count? :skull: :fpcurious
Just in case I've got it right... Name all the ways your characters can lose a level (Lvl Down)?

The Amazing Spiderman
11-17-2004, 10:23 PM
The answer was...

For equipment:

-Angel ring
-Chantage

For abilities:

- Reraise / White magic /priest
- Nameless Song / Sing / Bard
- Dragon spirit /Reaction /Lancer
- MBarrier /Holy magic ( ? )/Cleric and Princess

You missed two. ;)

The first question.....you didn't got it right but I can still gues....about 6 people attended the funeral?

Your answer:

- By triggerin the "the level down" traps, some are in deep dungeon, and the other one is at Fovoham plains (or was it Lenalia Plateu?)

-By using the secret/Monster Skill ability of the Mindflare "Level Blast"

Q: Which ability makes one of you units level up by 1? And what is the "bad" reaction of this ability?

HINT: it's a monster ability. The monster's very rare.

Despotus
11-18-2004, 09:20 AM
That's "Please Eat" a secret/monster skill ability for the Wildboar (?) but it crystalizes your piggy! Question: How (and where) do you get the accessory, "Vanish Mantle"?

Outsider
11-19-2004, 02:38 AM
Name the two movie characters that Reis and Beowulf are clearly based on.

Hint: the plot of the movie involves a couple separated by a transformative curse inflicted by a jealous vengeful priest. Where have I heard that before? ;)

The movie is Ladyhawke. I couldn't remember the names of those characters, but it was easy to find out, since I knew where they are from: Captain Etienne Navarre and Isabeau d'Anjou.

Question: How (and where) do you get the accessory, "Vanish Mantle"?

You can find it in the ground at Germinas Peak, If a character has the abitlity "Move-Find Item".

The Amazing Spiderman
11-20-2004, 01:19 AM
question, put a question......

Outsider
11-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Name all the Lucavi you can kill during the game:

Despotus
11-21-2004, 06:16 AM
I'll take a stab at this one...but I'm not sure if my list is complete. So, you'll have to let me know if I got it right. I think there are 7 Lucavi that you can fight and defeat: Queklain, Velius, Zalera, Adramelk, Hashmalum, Altima, and Elidibs. Did I get them all? :count:

Outsider
11-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I believe it's right.

Despotus
11-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Jeez, I am having a tough time thinking of a good question; so I'll just pass the buck by asking an easy one: There are a lot of familiar relationships in Tactics, for example the Beoulves (Ramza, Dycedarg, Balbanes, Zalbag, and Alma)...well some of them are half-brothers or step brothers or whatever, but family is family. Name the other characters who have other characters for family members!

UltimaLimit
11-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Rafa and Malak.

I can't think of a very good question either...

What are the move ranges of the following creatures? (ALL must be correct to qualify.)

1) Bull Demon
2) Minotaurus
3) Sacred

HINT: They're all the same class of creature, just the three different forms.

MoonsEcho
11-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Wiegraf and Meliadoul were siblings as well. And Delita and Teta, and whatshisname and his dad...you know, the little sniper guy you get in Goug Machine City. I never used him unless I had to and now I can't think of his name.

BUT! Unless you meant playable characters, those are the others I came up with. :)

Despotus
11-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear... I did mean ALL related characters, not just team members... There are a lot more left. :tongue: B.T.W. Wiegraf and Meliadoul aren't related, although they do each have siblings in the game...who are they?????????
To UltimaLimit: Bull Demon (move 3, jump 3), Minitaurus (move 4, jump 3), and Sacred (move 3, jump 3)
I won't ask another question, as my last one still stands...
Rafa y Malak are right, and so are Delita and Teta; but there are at least 4 more pairs (maybe 5, but I can't say for sure if Lede and Celia are related???????)

Outsider
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Wiegraff and Miluda
Izlude and Meliadoul, their father is Vormav
Mustadio and Besrodio
Delita And Teta
Rafa and Malak

I guess that there are more, though.

MoonsEcho
11-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Miluda! That's who I meant, not Meliadoul o.o;;
And Mustadio was the twerpy little sniper from Goug whose name I couldn't remember. <_<
Ok, so Miluda and Wiegraf
Meliadoul and Izlude
Rafa and Malak
Mustadio and father
Delita and Teta
Hmm.....that's all that I know, for the moment, anyway.

Despotus
11-23-2004, 05:05 AM
You fight with the strength of many men, brave knights Outsider and MoonsEcho, and you may cross the bridge of death if you can answer just one last question... who in the long list of guest soldiers (He's one of my favorites B.T.W) is related to T.G. Cid (Orlandu)?
:fpdev: Blue...no...Yelllloooooooo!

MoonsEcho
11-23-2004, 06:15 AM
Heh, we should have a Monty Python trivia thread.
Ooh! It's his son...what's his name.....*thinks....thinks really hard....* Olan! It's Olan, isn't it? I think that's it.....

Despotus
11-23-2004, 10:40 AM
How do you know so much about swallows, MoonsEcho? :greenking
It's your turn!

MoonsEcho
11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
I used to be a Knight of Ni until they converted, that's how. :D

Um...ok let me try to think up a question...I really suck at this part, I meant to say someone else could make a question if I got it...hmm....ok, here's an easy one:

Name the different colors of materia you can earn in the proposition sidequests.

guardbreak
11-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I don't know the answer to that one but in response to a much earlier post about triggering a counter attack, actually, a monster will smack the living flesh off your face if you're crazy enough to throw a mere stone from point blank range.

dodhungry
11-24-2004, 04:46 AM
Well crazily enough the only materia found in the game is Red,Blue,Black,and White. Yellow,Green,and Purple were left out for whatever reason.

Question: What is Elmdor's battlefield nickname?

Outsider
11-24-2004, 04:51 AM
Silver Ogre.

Despotus
11-24-2004, 08:23 AM
I do believe that's the right answer... got another riddle for us Outsider?
OH, Please, oh please, oh please.... :greenie:

Outsider
11-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Name the items you can find in the ground, in the last floor of the Deep Dungeon.

Despotus
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Let's see...granted you don't get unlucky and find a stinkin' Phoenix Down... on END you could find the BEST samurai sword, Chirijiraden :D ; and 2 Elixers :) :) ; and the ALMIGHTY CHAOS BLADE!!! (Crack of Thunder echoes...) :chop:
My Precious, we makes the next riddle:
This weapon a cruel curse within
An ally must soften your heart and then
Turn your sights on foe, or frien' :radred:
And unleash its curse again!! :evilking:

Can it guess the weapon...? *Gollum, Gollum*

Jolts
11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
I could've swore the title to this topic says "Trivia," not "Riddle," but whatever...

Stone Gun?

UltimaLimit
11-25-2004, 03:47 AM
Yep.

And in response to whoever responded about the Throw Stone thing, I didn't recall ever triggering a counter point-blank. Guess I got lucky.

Despotus
11-25-2004, 05:40 AM
OOOhhhh, nooo, my precious loses... it guesses corrrectly! You're next, Jolts! (Sorry about the riddle, just trying to put a little variety into the thread... and the question would have been just waaaaaay to easy without the subtlety. ;) )

guardbreak
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeahhh, you're right limit, I think I was confused with a weak crossbow attack done up close in which the monster surely didn't hesistate to show his appreciation. :twak:

BG-57
11-30-2004, 01:50 AM
Yep.

And in response to whoever responded about the Throw Stone thing, I didn't recall ever triggering a counter point-blank. Guess I got lucky.

That would be me. I guessed Throw Stone because I tried a few random battles and couldn't trigger any counter type reactions with it.

feioncastor
11-30-2004, 04:33 AM
What is Goltana's and Larg's relationship to the Queen?

Feion

Despotus
11-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Hey Jolts! When you come back, feel free to ask a question.
In the meantime...
Prince Goltana was the King's cousin, guess that would make him the Queen's cousin-in-law, or is it just cousin, or second cousin... :confused:
And Prince Larg is easier...he was her older brother. :) They were both appointed guardians to the 2-year-old prince after the King's death. Prince Goltana was appointed by the parliament, and I imagine Prince Larg was appointed by the royal family.
Now for a question just to keep the ball rolling...(sorry, Jolts...)
In which city's bar do you first hear the rumor about the Holy Dragon?

Jolts
11-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Holy Dragon? Don't know, never read many of the rumors.
Just in case someone wants to answer an easy question:

How does the father of the Beoulve family die?

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-30-2004, 08:05 AM
I believe he is poisoned by Dycedarg with that mushroom that causes the other mushrooms to grow on his grave.

Jolts
11-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Behold the Void, you are correct, to the best of my knowledge.
I don't recall them giving away how he did it, I just rememeber him saying something about 'even the strongest knight is no match for...' (<-partial quote. I don't know the exact phrase, and I didn't want to give away too much).

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Does that mean I get to go now? Lessee...

What special sword skills does Zalbag have?

Despotus
11-30-2004, 09:22 AM
I just rememeber him saying something about 'even the strongest knight is no match for...' (<-partial quote. I don't know the exact phrase, and I didn't want to give away too much).that mushroom that causes the other mushrooms to grow on his grave I believe it was called 'mosfungus'...
I can't say for sure, but I think brother Zalbag is an Arc Knight with:
Magic Ruin, Power Ruin, Speed Ruin, and Mind Ruin ...but as I'm not at that battle right now, I can't say for sure. So I'll hold off on asking a question until BTV can confirm... There is another question still up for grabs...(hint: the Holy Dragon is really better known by another name... and she's a she...;) )

feioncastor
11-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey Jolts! When you come back, feel free to ask a question.
In the meantime...
Prince Goltana was the King's cousin, guess that would make him the Queen's cousin-in-law, or is it just cousin, or second cousin... :confused:
And Prince Larg is easier...he was her older brother. :) They were both appointed guardians to the 2-year-old prince after the King's death. Prince Goltana was appointed by the parliament, and I imagine Prince Larg was appointed by the royal family.
You are right about their relationships to the Queen, however, only Larg was appointed regent to the 2-year old prince. Goltana was trying to use Ovelia to control the country, and Larg was using Orinas (the baby).

And the question about the Holy Dragon is Goland Coal City, and the Dragon's name is Reis, Beowulf's wife.

Feion

Despotus
12-01-2004, 05:57 PM
That's right, Goland Coal City! The Ghost of Colliery rumor is the first time you'll hear of the Holy Dragon, better known as Reis :thumb:
Go Feion!!!!!!! :greenie:

BudSoda02
12-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Okay! So where do you go to have Reis changed into a human again & what do you have to do to get to that point? (This should take you a while.) (Oh man am I good or what!) Hint: You get one of the most powerful characters in the game while doing this quest for Reis & Beowolf.
Tee Hee Hee (Thanks)-
BudSoda02

feioncastor
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Okay! So where do you go to have Reis changed into a human again & what do you have to do to get to that point? (This should take you a while.) (Oh man am I good or what!) Hint: You get one of the most powerful characters in the game while doing this quest for Reis & Beowolf.
Tee Hee Hee (Thanks)-
BudSoda02
You have to do many things, so the answer to this question is much longer than the question. First, you have to find Reis, which a few battles in itself (acquire Reis the Dragon and Beowulf), then you have to go to Goug and speak with Besrodio about the steel ball he found, then you have to go up to Neveskla Temple (near Zarghidas Trade City) and fight Worker 7, and then Reis the dragon becomes Reis the Dragoner (a human), and then you return to Goug with this new stone, and I believe it summons Cloud, or activates Worker 8. I don't really remember.

I dont' know that any of those four characters (Reis, Beowulf, Cloud, Worker 8) are really great. I mean, Orlandu is WAYYYYYYYYY better, as is Ramza, if you make him a monk. I found more use for Agrias and Mustadio than I did for Reis, Beowulf or Worker 8. I only leveled up Cloud because I was curious what his limit breaks looked like, so I could compare them to FF7, and it really wasn't worth it.

Speaking of useless characters, Rafa and Malak suck.

Next question:

Are there any special characters who are more useless than Rafa and Malak?

Just kidding, here's the real next question:

What are the Temple Knights, who do they work for, and what do they do? Even I'm confused about that one.

Feion

BG-57
12-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Considering Beowulf is the only Temple Knight you meet in the game, it's hard to say if they're a non-generic class like Engineers or a special elite group like the Hokuten Knights. I suspect they're both.

Since Reis was cursed by a Priest and also based on their title, I suspect that Temple Knights work for the Murond Temple. It would make sense that the church would need bodyguards.

Simply put, Temple Knights can use their swords to instantly cast a wide range of negative status effects, similar to the sword mages of earlier FFs. Most of the spells are also ones that Oracles can cast, although Beowulf has a few of his own, like chicken.

BTW, I consider Beowulf invauble for exploring Deep Dungeon since he can disable opponents as the party treasure hunts and looks for the random exits.

Assuming my answer is adequate, my question is: What is 'Little Carrot'?

Hint: it involves a proposition.

Despotus
12-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Man, why a little girl would have a pet Morbol named Little Carrot is the real stumper... wouldn't the vicious thing get tired of eating carrots one day and make a morsel of its mini-mistress? :rabite: :blahblah:
Assuming I got that one, and B.T.Void's question about Zalbag:
2PartQ: What's the last Guts skill you can get for Ramza? And how do you get it? :chop:

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-02-2004, 01:52 AM
I recall seeing this earlier, where Zalbag actually has special sword skills that are like the Knight's Power Break, Magic Break, Speed Break, etc., but he doesn't use them for some reason. However, I cannot seem to find the info anymore, but I do recall if you check his skills when he is fighting with you it will say the names. I'll just invalidate that question though since I can't back it up.

And to answer Despotus's question, the final guts is Ultima, and it must be cast on you, either by an Assassin (i.e. Celia or Lede) or by an Ultima Demon, or by the last boss.

feioncastor
12-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Considering Beowulf is the only Temple Knight you meet in the game, it's hard to say if they're a non-generic class like Engineers or a special elite group like the Hokuten Knights. I suspect they're both.
Um, I was referring to the Temple Knights, such as Vormac, Rofel, Izlude, Balk, Meliadoul, and (kinda) Delita. I mean, those green guys that you constantly encounter. I know there's one that I'm missing, one that really has no explanation, but he's just kinda there. I think you fight him in Orbonne.

Feion

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Despotus PMed me and said that I had gotten his question right so I shall go now.

What spells from the Oracle, Time Mage, Wizard and Priest CANNOT be calculated?

Despotus
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, I know you can't calculate any of the 'level 4' spells, so that's Wizard: Ice 4, Fire 4, Bolt 4, and Priest: Cure 4, there's also no need for Protect 2 and Shell 2 because they are just the normal P/S spells with a larger area of effect, same goes for the Time Mage's Haste 2 and Slow 2, Quick and Meteor are also out because they just wouldn't be practical if they effected a lot of characters. And eventhough it would be AWESOME!!!, the vampiric Oracle abilities Spell Absorb and Life Drain are not in the Calculator's arsenal :grumble:
:rolleyes2 Can't think of a decent question right now... Somebody else go ahead ;)

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-02-2004, 08:13 AM
Haste 2, Protect 2, and Shell 2 actually do have an extended duration and can effect a higher altitude, but that wasn't the question so while some of your explanation was faulty, it was indeed correct.

BudSoda02
12-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Well when I had worker 8, I got him up to level 99,(it's not too hard. He levels up fairly quickly) Almost all of his attacks at level 99 are almost always critical at 999 damage points (unless you're fighting a baddy like bloody angel then it's around 500.) & his non-criticals are around 850 damage points, making him one of the most useful characters. He also has some nice (but few) skills. Cloud is fairly useless in the skills department, although his last skill is super-strong (Omnislash),so it's best to learn just that skill (It takes a lot of job points) and turn him into a time mage with the sword equip as a secondary skill, & have him learn stop, so he can stop the desired opponent. This is if you have his Materia Blade. (If you have Ice Swords, it will attach that automatically, if you have it in stock. It weirdly a bit stronger. Most of the FF games have it as a lower level weapon.) So just equip the materia blade manually to get him charge his Omnislash attack. (By the way Cloud's materia blade is his Ultimate Weapon one.) This attack takes a long time to charge up. So that's the reason to make him a time mage, on top of the time mages other (awesome) skills. Otherwise, normal attacks are around 575, & the critical goes from 800-999 depending on oppenent. Weirdly, it's boss characters his critical attacks are stronger on. Most of the time anyway. :D I've got another one for you. How do you trigger the Aeris-Cloud seens? Also what does Cloud say at the end of those series of events?
Thanks again- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

feioncastor
12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Well when I had worker 8, I got him up to level 99,(it's not too hard. He levels up fairly quickly) Almost all of his attacks at level 99 are almost always critical at 999 damage points (unless you're fighting a baddy like bloody angel then it's around 500.) & his non-criticals are around 850 damage points, making him one of the most useful characters. He also has some nice (but few) skills. Cloud is fairly useless in the skills department, although his last skill is super-strong (Omnislash),so it's best to learn just that skill (It takes a lot of job points) and turn him into a time mage with the sword equip as a secondary skill, & have him learn stop, so he can stop the desired opponent. This is if you have his Materia Blade. (If you have Ice Swords, it will attach that automatically, if you have it in stock. It weirdly a bit stronger. Most of the FF games have it as a lower level weapon.) So just equip the materia blade manually to get him charge his Omnislash attack. (By the way Cloud's materia blade is his Ultimate Weapon one.) This attack takes a long time to charge up. So that's the reason to make him a time mage, on top of the time mages other (awesome) skills. Otherwise, normal attacks are around 575, & the critical goes from 800-999 depending on oppenent. Weirdly, it's boss characters his critical attacks are stronger on. Most of the time anyway. :D I've got another one for you. How do you trigger the Aeris-Cloud seens? Also what does Cloud say at the end of those series of events?
Thanks again- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Cloud's last skill is Cherry Blossom, not Omnislash. And as far as worker 8 goes, you're right that he gets powerful, but he's not that much fun to use. He's nice if you're just looking to bash the enemy without doing anything cool, but if you wanna steal or invite or do any of those other things that you might want to do, Worker 8 just isn't useful, nor is any other animal.

With one exception for me. I had all of my guys away on a proposition and all I had was Ramza and four chocobos, of mixed colors. Man, those chocobos saved my a** big time on that one.

Feion

Despotus
12-03-2004, 01:55 PM
I've got another one for you. How do you trigger the Aeris-Cloud seens? Also what does Cloud say at the end of those series of events?
The Aeris/Cloud scenes are first triggered by going to the bar in Zeltennia Castle and listening to the rumor about the Cursed Island Nelveska, then when you go to Zarghidas Trade City you'll meet Aeris and you should buy one of her flowers... that will get the whole Aeris and Cloud storyline going. Now for the second part of your question. At the end of the battle where Cloud finally joins your party, he says, "I lost a very important thing. Ever since, I've been lost. Who am I? What should I do? What about this pain...? Let's go Ramza. I can't be here. Must go... to the Promised Land." End of dialogue.. I assume he's referring to his Materia Blade which you must go searching for in order for Cloud to be able to use his Limit skills.
Question: What 4 items can be found by searching at Nelveska Temple?

guardbreak
12-03-2004, 11:05 PM
I only remember searching for the vanish mantle and nagra rock sword, the other two items must have been relatively common. :-/

BG-57
12-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Escutcheon (II)
Sasuke Knife (or Elixir)
Nagra Rock (or Elixir)
Javelin (II)

Vanish Mantle is found at Germinas Peak.

I'm fairly sure of my answer so my question is: in the little one-act play performed for the benefit of Ramza and friends at Golgorand Execution Site who plays the roles of Princess Ovelia and the executioner?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Princess Ovelia is played by a generic archer and Gafgarion plays the executioner.

BG-57
12-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Correct! Your question? :)

Despotus
12-04-2004, 02:10 AM
You're both right! What's the next question?
B.T.W., Guardbreak, if you didn't get the Ultimate Javelin and Escucheon, GO BACK!!! Dooood, You have to get those items :rock: They're on top of the pillars where the Hyudras are perched

BG-57
12-04-2004, 02:19 AM
And since you can't equip Ignore Height and Move-Find at the same time you can move Worker 8 next to the pillar and have a party member with Move-Find equipped climb up onto the pillar on his shoulders.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-04-2004, 03:11 AM
All right, let's see here.

What are the job levels required to reach the Mimic class?

UltimaLimit
12-04-2004, 05:30 AM
Squire L8
Chemist L8
Geomancer L4
Lancer L4
Summoner L4
Mediator L4

Name the in-game trick that allows you to rename Worker 8--or does such a trick even exist? I'm warning you, this is a trick question! :radred:

BG-57
12-04-2004, 04:12 PM
You can rename Worker 8 if you go to a Soldier Office and ask to choose a new name for your monster units. Worker 8 is considered a monster along with the generic monster units. This also works for Byblos. Is that what you were thinking of?

UltimaLimit
12-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Yep. I was pretty surprised, I found that out by accident one day. Go ahead and ask your question. :)

BG-57
12-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Ok. I thought there had to be more to it than that considering all the dire warnings. :greenie:

I'll keep this one simple. What Geomancer spells could be cast at the first battle outside Orbonne Monastary, assuming any Geomancers were present?

feioncastor
12-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Hell Ivy, Local Quake, Kamatachi, The water one, and I think maybe Carve Model, for behind the church. I did that without even looking into it, so I'm probably wrong.

Feion

BG-57
12-06-2004, 12:54 AM
You're 4 for 6. :)

Carve Model for Stone Floor
Water Ball for Sea
Local Quake for Rocky Cliff
Hell Ivy for Grassland

feioncastor
12-06-2004, 05:34 AM
So does that mean I get to post the next question?

Hrmmmm.....

I can't think of a good one. Someone else go ahead and post the next question.

Feion

BudSoda02
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
This should be simple. What character betrays the team in the early going? Hint: He 'killed' Teta, (I think that was her name) Delita's sis at the fort. Another Q: What was that fort's name?
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com :)

guardbreak
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Algus, that trying-to-hard to fit in guy killed Teta at Fort Zeakden.

Alright, next question: So what kind of freakin name IS ALGUS!? :eyebrow:
Nah...Nah Seriously, How much of a decrease in charge time do you get with the support ability Short Charge? And does it work with the Charge Action Set?

BudSoda02
12-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Correct. You get about 1/2 the charge time & I don't think it works with the charge action set. *wild guess here*
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com :(

guardbreak
12-06-2004, 11:04 PM
To be honest, I'm not totally sure myself, but yeah I believe time is cut by 50% and it only works with magic. Okay you're up!

BudSoda02
12-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Okay... we're starting to run out of questions. This should be easy. Who was the head of the Zodiac braves? The 'monster' & the 'person'.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com :cool:

feioncastor
12-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Okay... we're starting to run out of questions. This should be easy. Who was the head of the Zodiac braves? The 'monster' & the 'person'.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com :cool:
That would be the Patron Saint of the teachings of the Glabdos church, namely, St. Ajora. However, when St. Ajora becomes Lucavi, his Lucavi name is Altima, much like the Nissan.

Here's a super easy one:

After what battle does Agrias join your party (not as a guest, but as a real member)? I will give no hint because it's already easy enough.

Feion

BudSoda02
12-07-2004, 07:06 PM
I know she joins as a 'permanent' party member after your battle with the first Zodiac Brave. You do so when you come back from saving Mustadio & his father in Machinery City. (At least I think that's the name.) You save her from soldiers before the castle. That's it, Faith River wasn't it? Maybe Not. :( Oh well, I can't remember the name of it. I'm so close, you defeat that backstabbing Priest who turns into the Zodiac Brave at Lion Castle I think. That's the first battle where you can actually control her. It's been a while since I've played FF Tactics. Maybe I'll play it tonight after a 3 month wait. I'll wait to post the question after you say I'm correct or not.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

feioncastor
12-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Incorrect.

Do I say the answer or do I wait for someone else to give it a shot?

Feion

UltimaLimit
12-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Don't remember the name (Barius Hill maybe?)... it's got a high (as in h17-18) peak at the far left corner, and features a sort of peninsula (stretch of land surrounded by water) in the front middle. Mostly grassland/rocky cliff. You get jumped there (along with Agrias) by a couple of Knights, and an Archer and Wizard off to your right if memory serves. Plus (I think) 1-2 monsters or other enemies, can't really recall too good since I tore 'em apart right quick. I know where you mean, I just can't remember the stupid name. :confused: :(

BG-57
12-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Bariaus Valley.

Question: Although the winning conditions for fighting the deserters at Grog Hill says 'Defeat all Enemies', it is not necessary to kill them to win. What's the kinder alternative to slaughtering them?

Despotus
12-08-2004, 02:49 AM
The kinder, gentler tactic of assimilation (resistance is futile!) Use the mediator's skill Invite. :lovers: Which Lucavi possesses Ramza's brother, Dycedarg?

BG-57
12-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Adramelk, the Ghost of Fury.

Question: What character has the dubious honor of being the namesake for a combat skill?

Despotus
12-08-2004, 12:11 PM
At first I was thinking, "Ultima Demon?" for the Ultima spell; but then I reconsidered because you can hardly call the UltimaDemon a 'character' he's a monster...and for that reason you could have a plethera of answers such as ChocoAttack, ChocoMeteor, DragonTame, etc... Duh.. :rolleyes: So I thought about the 'dubious honor' part.. and I remembered the somewhat insulting name given to the Mediator's sleep-inducing talk skill, Mimic Daravon. It's namesake is the (longwinded)academy professor, Bordam Daravon. Great question! :D
Question: Who was the leader of the group chasing Mustadio when you first meet him?

feioncastor
12-08-2004, 03:41 PM
The leader of that group was Bart Rudvich, head of the Bart Trading Company.

Next question: As you know, the game is filled with various flashbacks. But only comes to my mind that is a flashback within another flashback. Which sequence is this?

Feion

guardbreak
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Since the entire first chapter was a flashback, then any flashback in chapter 1 would already be within one. The sequence where Ramza and family grieved their father's dying words was a dream, which makes it the only time where two flashbacks occur at the same time.

How bout this...Suppose Cardinal Draclau's job was a "priest" and he casted "raise" upon his fallen ally Princess Ovelia during battle. Assuming Ovelia doesn't have the "reflect" status, what would be an approximate
%percentage% for success and why?... specifically?

BudSoda02
12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
The chance of raise working on Oveila from Draclu would be 0% because of their signs. I can't remember what they were, but I do remember they negated each other.

guardbreak
12-09-2004, 10:50 PM
You're on the right track BudSoda, :-) Still, does anyone think they know the answer?

UltimaLimit
12-10-2004, 03:42 AM
50-70% because of bad signs plus mediocre Faith levels? Seem to recall them having Faith in the 50s-70s.

...I don't know it, do I? :(

guardbreak
12-12-2004, 02:06 AM
haha, the percentage would be 100%!!...Draclau is a Scorpio while Ovelia is a Taurus. Though they have opposite signs, being the opposite sex makes them extremely compatible! Since White Magic tends to work decent anyway, average faith is more than enough for guaranteed success with a perfect match. Draclau's faith would have to be just exceptionally low for it to be less than 100%.

What job, equipment, and exp. level will give any character their highest HP possible?

BG-57
12-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Well, a level 99 Knight has a HP class bonus in addition to being able to wear the Grand Helmet, Maximillian and Vanish Mantle that would add +385 HP. I'd throw in a Chaos Blade and Venetian Shield, although they do not contribute to HP.

guardbreak
12-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Okay, okay...let me rephrase the question: What job, ability, equipment, and exp. level will give Ramza his highest possible HP?

Despotus
12-13-2004, 01:30 AM
The best HP bonus is given to monks, but they can only equip armor with the equip armor support skill. Ramza as a Lvl 99 Monk with Equip Armor skill, wearing the Grand Helmet and Maximillian has between 720 and 750 HP, usually... If only he could be a Dragoner, Reis has 999 HP when wearing the same armor... :love:

guardbreak
12-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Absolutely!

Despotus
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Alright, here's a trick question. How many days does it take to travel from Igros Castle to the Deep Dungeon using the shortest possible route? Pretty easy question, actually. :D

feioncastor
12-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Seven days. I may be wrong because I did it from memory without actually checking. The route, I think, would go something like this:

1. Mandalia Plains
2. Gariland Magic City
3. Murond Holy Place
4. Goug Machine City
5. Zigolas Swamp
6. Warjilis Trade City
7. Deep Dungeon

The only doubt that I have is that maybe instead of going Mandalia, Gariland, Murond, that it actually goes Mandalia, Theives Fort, Murond. I can't remember where Murond connects to Gallione. Either way, it would still be 7.

Do I wait for confirmation, or do I just ask another question?

Feion

Despotus
12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
You're on the right track, Feion, but you must have teleported from Zigolas Swamp to Warjilis...you missed some! ;)

BG-57
12-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Here's the shortest overland route that I could trace that exists at the end of the game:

Igros Castle
Mandalia Plains
Gariland Magic City
Murond Holy Place
Goug Machine City
Zigolis Swamp
Lionel Castle
Bariaus Valley
Warjilis Trade City
Deep Dungeon

It would take nine days to traverse this route.

As for the trick, does it involve the point in the game where a sea route connects Warjilis Trade City and Goug Machine City? If the sea route were an option by the time Deep Dungeon appeared you could eliminate Zigolis Swamp, Lionel Castle, and Bariaus Valley from the route, which would cut the trip to six days.

Despotus
12-14-2004, 03:30 AM
You're right that it would take 9 days to reach D.D. from Igros. The shortcut is across the Murand Holy Place. At the point when you can go back and forth between Goug and Warjilis, the M.H.P. isn't accessible, to the best of my recollection. Neither is the D.D. I think, it's just way too early in the game. But you got it right, BG-57! Step up to the Mic'.

BG-57
12-14-2004, 12:22 PM
I have a bad habit of over-thinking questions. :greenie:

Question: Who are the generic units that join the party as part of the plot (as opposed to being hired from Soldier Offices) and who did they originally serve before working for Ramza?

Despotus
12-14-2004, 02:56 PM
The generic units I got at the start of the game, during the Academy flashback were 4 squires: Jolene, Shields, Brian, and Dreyfuss; and 2 chemists: Laura and Vang. They served the Hokuten Academy just like Ramza and Delita. However, I imagine your question probably refers to after the Lion War begins. The 2 Knights who join Ramza used to serve under Agrias, and consequently P. Ovelia. Their names are Lavian and Alicia. There is also a squire who, along with Ramza, was working with Gaffgarion. His name is Rad. I am not sure if these are all of the generic units who join, so I'll wait for confirmation. :confused:

P.S. Does my yellow buddy Boco :choc: count as a plot-related generic Chocobo :D lol.

BG-57
12-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Those were the ones I was thinking of. Naturally you can hire the services of other generic units but you get quite a lot of them for free. even if you don't keep them, you can sell their equipment.

Boco is a generic chocobo with the same name every time, unlike wild monsters. :)

Despotus
12-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Where was the first major battle of the Lion War?
HINT: There were nearly 400,000 casualties between the two armies.

BG-57
12-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Bethla Garrison?

Despotus
12-15-2004, 03:15 AM
It's not a 'storyline' battle. I have killed a lot of enemies, but never have I killed 400,000!! You'll have to ask someone how the war is going... *slaps himself* :trout: Argggg, no more hints! *slaps himself again* :twak:

BG-57
12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
The scene where Orlandu and Goltana discuss the 400,000 casualties doesn't mention where the battles have been fought. The scene before mentions troops marching on Lesalia and Bethla Garrison. Since it's not the Garrison, I'm going to go with Lesalia.

BTW, I mentioned Bethla Garrison because Ramza and allies are fighting their way toward the Sluice Gate to stop the larger battle in the valley. :greenie:

Despotus
12-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I think you're close enough with your explanation, BG-57. The Battle at Gulofavia happened at a plain (valley) bordered by Lesalia and Limberry, and looking at the map that puts it in the general vecinity of Bethla Garrison. To hear the story of the Battle at Gulofavia, you have to ask a bartender about the rumor "the Future of the War" sometime during Ch. 3, or maybe Ch. 2 as well. But the rumor disappears by the end of the game. Guess I made that one too tough, sorry. :rolleyes2 Your turn BG!

BG-57
12-16-2004, 07:38 PM
I don't have a save file from that part of the game. I doubt I could have pinned it exactly. Oh well. :greenie:

Question: Which characters join your party as guests but do not join up as permenant members?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Gafgarion, Princess Ovelia, Delita, Algus, and Alma. You might also count Olan, but he never is traveling with you so I don't know if you want to.

BG-57
12-16-2004, 09:53 PM
I was wondering about Olan myself, but your explaination is complete either way. :)

Fire away!

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-16-2004, 10:52 PM
What methods can you employ to heal Worker 8?

BG-57
12-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Since he's Innocent, he's immune to spells. :angel:

Letsee...Potions, Hi-Potions, X-Potions, Elixirs, Chakra, Murasame, Wish.

I'm not sure if Life Song works, but I doubt it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah, your turn.

BG-57
12-17-2004, 01:17 PM
Question: Which characters that permenantly join your party have brothers or sisters?

feioncastor
12-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Well, Ramza, if he counts.

Other than that, there's Rafa and Malak, Meliadoul, and I think that's it.

Feion

BG-57
12-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Correct! :)

Your turn.

feioncastor
12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't recall what they're called, but you know how each job class has 4 lists of abilities, like Reaction, Support, and Move? I think the first one (the main one) is called Action. I think.

So here's my question:

What other action abilities does Olan's job class have besides Galaxy Stop, and what reaction, support and move abilites can he learn?

Feion

Despotus
12-19-2004, 05:09 AM
The Astrologer, Olan, uses the Starry Heaven skills. Which are the same as a Squire's Basic skills: Accumulate, Dash, Heal and Throw Stone. Thank goodness he also has that wonderful Galaxy Stop! I believe Olan also uses the Squire's other abilities, which are Reaction: Counter Tackle, Movement: Move +1, and Support: Equip Axe, Gained Jp Up, Monster Skill, and Defend (which is the one he uses most often, I think). I think Olan usually has Item as his secondary skill, but I'm not sure. And since I don't have a Savegame at that particular battle, I cannot say for sure if I have this right. So I will wait for confirmation from Feion. ;)

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 05:24 AM
The Astrologer, Olan, uses the Starry Heaven skills. Which are the same as a Squire's Basic skills: Accumulate, Dash, Heal and Throw Stone. Thank goodness he also has that wonderful Galaxy Stop! I believe Olan also uses the Squire's other abilities, which are Reaction: Counter Tackle, Movement: Move +1, and Support: Equip Axe, Gained Jp Up, Monster Skill, and Defend (which is the one he uses most often, I think). I think Olan usually has Item as his secondary skill, but I'm not sure. And since I don't have a Savegame at that particular battle, I cannot say for sure if I have this right. So I will wait for confirmation from Feion. ;)
Snap!

Yeah, you're right.

NO STRATEGY GUIDES OR GOOGLE IN THIS THREAD. Except maybe if there's a question with some dispute over the answer.

Good job, man.

Feion

EDIT - After reading my post, it probably seems like I'm saying that you used a strategy guide or google to answer that question. That's not what I'm saying, I'm just emphasizing my support for playing games the old fashioned way; by figuring them out.

Despotus
12-19-2004, 05:59 AM
NO STRATEGY GUIDES OR GOOGLE IN THIS THREAD. Except maybe if there's a question with some dispute over the answer.

EDIT - After reading my post, it probably seems like I'm saying that you used a strategy guide or google to answer that question. That's not what I'm saying, I'm just emphasizing my support for playing games the old fashioned way; by figuring them out.
Weeeell.. ya got me! While I did remember that Olan uses the Squire skills in addition to G.Stop, I couldn't remember the name of his action skill, Starry Heaven. So I did look up that little detail. *hangs head in shame* :shame:
Question: How is the aforementioned Astrologer related to another character in the game?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Olan is the son of Orlandu, AKA the Thunder God Cid.

Despotus
12-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Close, but no cigar.

feioncastor
12-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Olan Durai is the step(or adopted, I suppose) son of one Cidofolas Orlandu, AKA, T.G. Cid, the leader of the Nanten Knights, under the command of Prince Goltana.

Feion

Despotus
12-19-2004, 06:40 AM
You know, that's what I thought too. For the longest time. But recently I ran into Olan and he told me he was Orlandu's Think I'd really tell ya? :p , but maybe he lied. Or maybe his English isn't very good.:confused:
Come on, keep guessing. You're pretty close. Even Alazlam thought that Orlandu was Olan's father, and HE's a 'Scholar' :D
Maybe I should change the question to: How are they related, according to Olan?

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Crap, I'd forgotten that little detail. I knew it sounded too easy.

mike without a hat
12-20-2004, 12:46 AM
"How are they related, according to Olan?"

grandfather/son?

Despotus
12-20-2004, 02:38 AM
"How are they related, according to Olan?"

grandfather/son?
Nope...But the good news is we're starting to run out of male familiar relationships. They sure ain't mother/daughter... :laugh:

UltimaLimit
12-20-2004, 07:28 AM
I thought Olan was Mustiado's father.

*wishes he hadn't booted Mustiado first chance he got*

Despotus
12-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Naah, that's Besrodio. Sorry you're missing Mustadio. His Sniping abilities are really handy sometimes! :shoot:

mike without a hat
12-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Uncle

godfather

stepfather

Despotus
12-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Nope.
Nope.
and...Nope.
Nice try Schmidtty, I think you've eliminated all the male familiar relationships except...
A. Brothers
B. Cousins
C. Father/Son-in-law
D. Partners in a Civil Union
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Which one is it??????

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Father/Son in-law.

Oh yes and you shouldn't have booted Mustadio, you need him to get Beowulf, Reis, Worker 8, and Cloud.

Despotus
12-21-2004, 04:35 AM
Father/Son in-law.

Yes! Finally ya got it! :D Olan tells Ramza that Orlandu is his Father-in-law in their second meeting, after the battle against the Nanten deserters at Grog Hill. For confirmation check the Brave Story Record: "Son of T.G.Cid" (Misnomer), and hit the triangle button to reproduce the scene between Olan and Ramza. Your turn 'Void... :cool:

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-21-2004, 04:43 AM
What popular Final Fantasy summon (popular as in appearing in at least 3 games) can NOT be learned by the Summoner job?

Despotus
12-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Anima, maybe?? Haven't played all of the FF series so it's hard to say which summons have appeared in 3 or more. (Besides the very common ones also found in Tactics)

feioncastor
12-21-2004, 06:20 AM
Alexander

BudSoda02
12-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Would it happen to be Ixion? I remember it appearomg in VI, X, & the FF Unlimited anime on TV... I don't know otherwise. :confused: Alexander is also a good guess... but I don't think that's it, as it's third form in FFIX was not a fully usable Eidolon/Summon. Then I guess you can't count Ixion appearing on tv either... but I think you may of been able to get it in FFV. I'm still confused... :(

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-21-2004, 11:28 PM
I've only seen Alexander in two Final Fantasies, VI and IX, so that doesn't work if you can't cite another that he appears in. As far as Ixion and Anima are concerned, both are specific to FFX only.

-N-
12-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Alexander appears in FFVII as well. Move along now.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Ah, must have missed him. I was actually thinking Odin but I guess Alexander works too. Feion is up.

Despotus
12-22-2004, 02:54 AM
B.T.Void, you must be trippin. Odin is on the Tactics Summoner's spell list right between Bahamut and Leviathan! It costs 900 jp to learn, and 50 mp to cast; and is really frickin cool. :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Crap. This is why we don't stay up until 4:00 AM children.

BudSoda02
12-22-2004, 01:53 PM
I know now! It's Eiko's Final Eidolon... You know the one Mog turns into. *Can't think of it's name.* It's attack is Terra Holy or Terra Attack I think... Well am I right or not? edit: It's Madeen, the Eidolon is Madeen!! Finally!!!! :eek:
Thanks-BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com
p.s. Behold the Void, don't stay up so zut late!!!!!!!!

The Amazing Spiderman
12-22-2004, 10:10 PM
How about CHOCOBO

The friendly chicken appears in:

FFIII
FFIV
FFV
FFVII

So yeah. Don't forget that Bird Never, never!

feioncastor
12-24-2004, 03:45 AM
How about CHOCOBO

The friendly chicken appears in:

FFIII
FFIV
FFV
FFVII

So yeah. Don't forget that Bird Never, never!
As a summon? Wow....

Hey, I really can't think of a question, so someone else will have to go for me.

Feion

Despotus
12-24-2004, 04:27 AM
*Thanks Feion*
What are all of the ways you can Poach a monster WITHOUT selecting the 'attack' option? You don't need to mention the obvious details like 1. You must kill the monster, and 2. You must have 'Secret Hunt' equipped. I can think of 3 ways at the moment; I'll edit this post if another occurs to me.

BG-57
12-24-2004, 03:01 PM
It would be skills that involve landing a physical blow. Some reaction abilities do that:

1) Counter

2) Hamedo

The last one is tricky!

3) Counter Tackle

Despotus
12-24-2004, 04:59 PM
You got the 2 reaction abilities. Hamedo and Counter will allow for poaching as they respond with true physical attacks; but Counter Tackle responds with a 'Dash', which won't poach. The third one I was thinking of is a Job-skill...which? ;)

BG-57
12-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Hmm....

Charge?

Despotus
12-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Oh yeaaah, that's the one. Your turn to make us think too hard, BG-57. :D

BG-57
12-25-2004, 05:44 PM
I'll do my best. ;)

What monster skill produces damage to panels randomly and which monster can use it?

Hint: You need to have a character with Monster Skill equipped nearby.

UltimaLimit
12-25-2004, 07:36 PM
One of the Hydras? The ultimate form with Monster Skill? Are you counting Triple Thunder/Triple Flame, or Tiamat's Monster Skill (Dark something)?

Man, I wish I'd invited more Hydras.

BG-57
12-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Any monster skill that matches is fine; I was thinking of Dark Whisper. :greenie:

Ask away! :)

UltimaLimit
12-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Blast... had a tricky question planned, but I can't recall it.

How much JP does it take to master the Temple Knight job class?

The Amazing Spiderman
12-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Eh.....quick come in my mind....

around 4500 jp?

*doesn't know*

feioncastor
12-27-2004, 03:39 AM
More than that.

Shock, I believe, is....

Okay, I'm drawing a blank. First I was thinking 1500, then 1000, then 800 for shock.... And now, nothing....

But it is more than 4500, I'm pretty sure.

Despotus
12-27-2004, 03:55 AM
I'll guess 4290 Jp.! I have Beowulf at 4244 total Jp. and he still needs 46 more to get his last T.Knight ability, 'Equip Axe'. So I'm pretty sure when he hits 4290 total, he'll have mastered Temple Knight. :chop:

I'm pretty confident of my answer, so here goes a new question:
How do you master the most 'expensive' job class? (#of Jp... and one more thing ;) {big hint there})

UltimaLimit
12-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Calculator? (Because you have to learn other jobs' magic to calculate.)
As for mastering, I assume the "one more thing" is the page glitch, which can't be done in Calculator but can be done with Wizard, Priest, Oracle, and Time Mage.

Or you could gain JP honestly without the glitch, but trust me it takes forever. :p

EDIT: My God I'm slow, the "one more thing" must be the magic from the other jobs. Sorry, I just woke up. Bear with me here. :riiight:

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm saying Wizard or Summoner.

The Amazing Spiderman
12-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Summoner, by spending around 9200 Jp (more or less) And by learning Zodiac from elidibs.

Got two conditions, people.

Despotus
12-28-2004, 03:46 AM
Close should only count in 'Horseshoes' and hand grenades, but Spidey's answer is really close. The total Summoner Jp is actually 9250, plus you have to survive a hit from Zodiac to learn the final summon (that was the 'something else') ;) Te toca, Spidey! :D

The Amazing Spiderman
12-28-2004, 03:21 PM
hurray!

Eh...

Q: From which monster you can these items when you poach it?

- Potion
- Rubber Shoes

BG-57
12-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Juravis.

Question: How many underground floors are there in Orbonne Monastary and in what order are they sites of major battles?

Despotus
12-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Those were the Underground Book Storage fights where Simon finally gives you the Germonik Scriptures, right? If they are, I remember the first fight is on the second floor (just a generic battle against Lancers), then the third (where you take on Izlude), and finally it's back to the first floor (to beat on Weigraf). I really love the scene after these where Weigraf crawls out of the monastery all bloody and sells his soul to Velius :D Ha, that makes me lol everytime! I'm pretty sure of my answers if I have the right battle in mind, so here's a question.

Who are the kidnappers of each of these three 'damsel's in distress':
A. Teta Hyrule?
B. Alma Beoulve?
C. Ovelia Atkascha?

BG-57
12-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Yes, my question is about Underground Book Storage, and the ones you listed are in the correct order, but there are additional battles that involve other Underground Book Storage floors near the end of the game. You're almost there! :greenie:

Meanwhile, here are the datardly villains:

A. Golagros.
B. Vormav.
C. Delita.

The Amazing Spiderman
12-29-2004, 04:07 PM
The battles that are missing...

Ramza and squad VS: two monks, an archer, and a bunch of knights.

Ramza and squad VS: Vormav, summonerds, time mages, wizard.

are you counting murond also?

Ramza vs Quetlain, ninjas, samurais and time mages
Ramza vs Balk, chemist, and a bunch of hydras and a behemoth
Ramza vs Hasmalum
Ramza vs Altima

*And his squad.

EDIT: I got the 200th posts. hoh!

BG-57
12-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Just the first two. I'm not counting battles that happen in other dimensions. ;)

So the order is: second, third, first, fourth and fifth for a total of five floors.

You're up!

The Amazing Spiderman
12-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Fine...I suppose I'll ask the question....

Q: Say the coordinates (X, Y) where you find the Vanish Mantle at you-know-where that is near Poeskas Lake. ;)

Despotus
12-30-2004, 03:48 AM
I'm not sure how we can agree on X and Y coordinates, but I remember it is in the very center at the top of the peak. So I will guess the coordinates are (7,7) that sounds like the middle of the screen to me! :D

BG-57
12-31-2004, 07:37 PM
You can get the Vanish Mantle at (4,6) on Germinas Peak.

Mr.Mage
01-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Where's the next question?

BG-57
01-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Oh, my bad. I guess I should have more confidence in my answer. :greenie:

Question: Name a way to inflict the Oil status effect without resorting to suicidal moves by Bomb-type monsters (Bombs, Grenades, and Explosives).

Despotus
01-03-2005, 04:39 AM
The red-shirted ghosts, called Gusts, have an oil causing ability called Grease Touch. I can't think of any human job skills that cause 'Oil', so I hope that's the one you were thinking of.
Question: How do you make a male character dance? :strut: (Or a female character sing? :sing: )

Mr.Mage
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Answer: Give them the mime ability as their secondary ability, or you can just keep them as a girl/boy mime and have them mime the last command of a bard/dancer. That has to be it....(Nice use of emoticons LOL)

Question: (I feel like being nice) What is Agrias's last name?

Despotus
01-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Nice one, Mr. Mage. Mimicry is the way to make men dance and women sing. Welcome to the EoFF site, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :cool: See you around.

As for your question, her last name is Oaks.

Q: How old is Yardow Fort City?

BG-57
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Centuries.

Question: What battle doesn't automatically end when all the enemies have been defeated?

BTW, I was thinking of Byblos' Parasite skill to cause Oil status, but I figured there were others.

Mr.Mage
01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Answer: Gosh...I don't know the name of it. I do remember it is the one with the dam. You have to hit that stupid switch. It took me forever to beat the enemies, and then I forgot what to do! That should be a good enough answer...just can't remember the name of the place...I think it might be Zeltennia or the Bethla Garrison? (Forgive my spelling, very vague to me.)

Question: What is the first monster you encounter as a guest?(Another easy one :()

Despotus
01-03-2005, 10:00 PM
That's Wiegraf's Chocobo, Boco! :choc:

Question: Which characters are Holy Knights?

BudSoda02
01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Well it's Agrias, Cid, & Delita. That is as far as I can remember of Characters on YOUR side.

Mr.Mage
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
That's Wiegraf's Chocobo, Boco! :choc:

Question: Which characters are Holy Knights?

Answer: Delita and Agrias...I think there may be one more...if so it is Wiegraf.

Question: Who is Meliadoul's brother and father?

Well it's Agrias, Cid, & Delita. That is as far as I can remember of Characters on YOUR side.

Cid wasn't a Holy Knight. He was a Holy Swordsman.

Fate Fatale
01-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Izlude and... darn can't think of the other one

BG-57
01-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Vormav is the father.

I'll let someone else take the next question.

Despotus
01-04-2005, 03:50 AM
Answer: Delita and Agrias...I think there may be one more...if so it is Wiegraf.

Cid wasn't a Holy Knight. He was a Holy Swordsman.
Those were the 3 Holy Knights, nice job Mr.!
I guess I'll ask another one (for BG-57):
Which characters are killed by members of their own families? I believe there are 4 deaths involved, and I'm not counting Malak being shot by his guardian, Barinten. ;) I've reconsidered this question because two of the deaths are complicated, i.e. one is actually 'killed' twice, and the other...I believe it is possible to have a non-relative kill him. So just try to name the four 'victims' who can be killed or definitely were killed by relatives. (and, no, I'm not thinking "what if I had Rafa kill Malak, or vice versa?") :p

BudSoda02
01-04-2005, 05:56 PM
It's Izlude & Vormav! That's her brother & father! That's Meliadoul's Brother & Father!!!! Although two other people posted parts of the answer :( ... but I knew that w/o looking at them :D

Despotus
01-05-2005, 05:11 PM
:whimper: It's been a couple of days since I posted a question. Isn't anyone going to at least hazard a guess? The question isn't too difficult, I think, because these betrayals are really big moments in the story! Please, please, somebody post a reply to the question! :-\

feioncastor
01-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Vormav killed Izlude.

Dycedarg killed Balbanes

Dycedarg "killed" (or rather, zombified) Zalbag

Ramza (and friends) killed the zombified Zalbag

Oh, and I think that this red panther I invited killed his uncle, who was a cuar.

Feion

Despotus
01-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Close enough Feioncastor! I was getting worried that I made this question too long or something. One more detail to add: Zalbag, after finding out Dycedarg killed their father, goes after Dyce. Now, you can 'stop' Zal or put him to 'sleep' and let someone else take Dyce out. Either way he turns into Adramelk, and someone in your party (possibly Ramza) must kill Adramelk (Dycedarg). So there is one more there. But, as I said, close enough. You're up! :D

BudSoda02
01-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Well the Zombified version was being controlled by the 'braves' & was more like a vampire than Zombie. If he got right beside you, he'd do that spell suck blood' & you can't control the character who was bitten. He couldn't control his body & told Ramza to get away, but he didn't & had to kill Zalbag. In my opinion Zalbag was the only truly good person besides Ramza of the brothers. But this isn't thew board for this...
Sorry I was REALLY tired here, yeah I know it's Zalbag...

Despotus
01-06-2005, 09:58 PM
We're waiting for a real tough one, Feioncastor! :cool:

feioncastor
01-07-2005, 03:30 AM
We're waiting for a real tough one, Feioncastor! :cool:
Man, I really can't think of one. Mine all suck. Like Job requirements and stuff.

How about this?

Two part question (super easy):

How much JP is required to master the standard (not special) job class "Squire" and what job level are you on if you have exactly that much JP? Do this one without consulting the guide or any other resources. It's a lot cooler if you do it off the top of your head, right?

I've always wanted to do this:

Thanks- Feion feionsoda02@yahoo.com (http://nintendo-fairy.cjb.net)

Despotus
01-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Squire requires 1620 jp to master all skills. At that jp level, you'd be a 7th level Squire. I'm sorry, but I have to look at my saved games at least. I mean, for questions that involve jp numbers, you shouldn't just take a blind guess. We'd be here all year going "1800", no, "1900", no too high, "1850", no still too high, "1500", no now you're too low, etc. etc. unless someone with a photographic memory for numbers can recall the total jp needed for each of the 10 Squire abilities. I don't think consulting your FFTactics saved games to be "cheating" in any way. Sorry if we disagree on this. :( But you might need to consult your saved games for this next question:
Where did Elidibs get his wizard training? :save: :meditate: :save: Before he turned into a Lucavi-possesed bad guy... :radred:

BG-57
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Gariland Magic City, wasn't it?

Edit: I'll be more specific. The Royal Magic Academy in Gariland Magic City.

Despotus
01-08-2005, 02:56 AM
That's right! Ask the next question BG. :p

BG-57
01-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Question: Which two weapons would have more accurate names if they traded names?

Despotus
01-08-2005, 04:19 AM
You must be referring to the mixed up guns. The Blaze gun fires ice elemental bullets, and the Glacier gun fires fire elemental bullets. They could be considered more appropriately named if they were reversed. I always rationalized it by thinking, "Well, the Glacier gun is for destroying glaciers :shoot: ; and the Blaze gun is for quenching blazes. :hot: :bgl:
I guess I'll ask an easy one, because I've run out of tough ones:
What messenger does Malak send to Ramza to 'invite' him to Riovanes Castle?

RedCydranth
01-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Oh gosh, I blank out the Rafa/Malak section of story. Um.. Isn't it a frog? A frog comes and tells you to go to Riovanes.. where you fight Weigraf. If im right, wow can my memory work if not, meh.

Edit: Its been a while and no one has guessed. Can someone tell me if I am right?

BG-57
01-09-2005, 05:23 AM
You are correct. I call it the Mission: Impossible frog.

This frog will self-destruct in 10 seconds...*BLAM* ;)

Your turn to ask a question.

feioncastor
01-09-2005, 05:02 PM
We'd be here all year going "1800", no, "1900", no too high, "1850", no still too high, "1500", no now you're too low, etc. etc. unless someone with a photographic memory for numbers can recall the total jp needed for each of the 10 Squire abilities. I don't think consulting your FFTactics saved games to be "cheating" in any way. Sorry if we disagree on this. :(
Nah, saved games aren't cheating. I mean looking in your guide, or on the net for an answer. But saved games are legit. Let's see if I can do this, just out of curiosity, since we're waiting for a question

Action:
Accumulate - 300, Throw Stone - 90, Dash - 80, Heal - 150
Reaction:
Counter Tackle - 170
Support:
Equip Axe - 180, Monster Skill - 200, Defend - 50, Gained JP Up - 200
Movement:
Move +2 - 200

Is that right? I know it's not the current question, because there isn't one, but I'm just wondering if that is right.

Feion

BG-57
01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Counter Tackle - 170
Support:
Equip Axe - 180, Monster Skill - 200, Defend - 50, Gained JP Up - 200
Movement:
Move +2 - 200

Is that right? I know it's not the current question, because there isn't one, but I'm just wondering if that is right.
Feion

Counter Tackle is 180 JP while Equip Axe is 170 JP.
Move +2 is a Theif ability: Move +1 is 200 JP though.

The total is the same of course:1620 JP.

Despotus
01-10-2005, 04:35 AM
Yeah, nice work you two! Glad we can agree that using the game itself is kosher. :cool: Where is RedCydranth? :confused: We need another question. :rolleyes2:

RedCydranth
01-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Sorry for the delay guys :p I was too busy playing FF2 of all games.

I lost my version of FFT somewhere (cries). Anyone know where I can get a new/used copy of the original version? NON-GREATEST HITS!! I hate the green on the side and I'm very particular about the game and its case.

Ok heres the question:

Elidibs of the Deep Dungeon has several monsters as guardians. What are they called?

Not too hard, but enough that only a skilled player would know.

feioncastor
01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Apandas

Despotus
01-10-2005, 09:54 PM
1,2,3,4,5...6 Apandas. You go, Feion! :cool:

RedCydranth
01-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Indeed they are Apandas. Byblos is also an Apanda.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:RrIlXATBxOIJ:www.squarecn.com/ff/zhuanti/FFT/byblos.jpg

BG-57
01-11-2005, 01:46 AM
I lost my version of FFT somewhere (cries). Anyone know where I can get a new/used copy of the original version? NON-GREATEST HITS!! I hate the green on the side and I'm very particular about the game and its case.

I got a secondhand copy at Babbages (a video game store similar to Electronics Boutique) a few years ago, but it was hard to find, even then.

Ebay is another possibility.

RedCydranth
01-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Ive checked GameStop and EB in my area. Ebay has only the GH copies and I won't stand for that.

Feion, you're up!

feioncastor
01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
What is Marquis Elmdor's first name?

BG-57
01-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Mesdoram

Question: What is the translation for this text?

I hope this isn't sadistically hard. :rolleyes2 I copied it as accurately as I could from the game.

RedCydranth
01-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Limberry is my best guess.

BG-57
01-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Correct! :) It's taken from the world map.

Your turn to ask a question.

feioncastor
01-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Wait! How did you know that it said Limberry?

BG-57
01-12-2005, 09:23 PM
The way I decoded the script on the world map was by comparison.

Since the seven countries in Ivalice are: Fovoham, Gallione, Murond, Lesalia, Lionel, Limberry, and Zeltennia and each country has a city/location named for it, I was able to match the English names to the script on the map.

From there, I compared the script symbols to the English letters and found a strong match for most of them. It helps that many of the script symbols seem to be based on their English counterparts.

The table below details my efforts at assigning English letters to script symbols. Note that both R and L are represented by the same symbol, which is not surprising since the distinction is not made in Japanese.

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 02:49 AM
The way I figured it out was a little easier. I looked at the map (which I recognized the characters from, you see I am obsessed with FFT) and found the corresponding symbols. I know Marquis Elmdor of Limberry (when you rescue him early in the game it mentions he's from there) lives in the region by those symbols, thus that must be Limberry.

My question: What is the strongest weapon a dancer can equip without aid of any abilities or skills (i.e. Equip Sword etc.)?

Despotus
01-13-2005, 04:38 AM
Dancers can equip daggers, cloth, or bags (because they're female). So I'd say the rare FS Bag is the most powerful, based solely on attack power (20). Although I don't like bags very much because they often hit for less (damage is random), so I usually prefer Ryozan Silk. I will wait a while for confirmation, because I'm not 100% sure if FS Bag is the correct answer.

By the way, Tactics is fighting for survival in the FF Survivor 6 thread in the General Final Fantasy archives :cry: . Please help it hang in there! ;)

RedCydranth
01-13-2005, 04:52 AM
The answer is FS Bag. Good Job.

I voted FF3 because it is the worst game on the list. Even if FFT makes it out of this round its going down next round because people are insolent fools who don't know greatness when they see it.

Despotus
01-13-2005, 05:33 AM
Help support FFT in Survivor 6! :cool: Go to the General Final Fantasy page and vote!

Question: Which combination of headware, armor, and accessory will protect some characters from all of the following status and spells 100% of the time, without reflecting the spell or absorbing hp?

Berserk, Blood Suck, Charm, Confusion, Darkness, Dead, Death Sentence, Don't Act, Don't Move, Earth Elem. Magic, Frog, Invite, Lightning Elem. Magic, Petrify, Poison, Silence, Sleep, Slow, Stop, Undead (20 in all!)

Remember, no reflection, no absorbtion... And not all characters can equip all three items. ;)