PDA

View Full Version : Beastmaster sub-job?

Flying Mullet
12-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm sure I'll get varied responses, but what's the best sub-job for a Beastmaster? I'm interested in the Beastmaster because I like to solo more than party when I play MMOPRG's because I can't devote the time that others do to it so a party that I played with last week will typically be higher than me when I get back on a week later to play again. Granted I have to get my first job up to level 30 to change, so I have to party some anyway, but from a sub-job point of view, what's a good sub-job?

Misfit
12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Taken from Allakhazam~

White Mage
The standard Beastmaster subjob. Subbing WHM with any other Melee job will get you laughed at, but for us it's perfect. While a full-fledged WHM needs a lot of MP to keep a tank alive throughout an entire battle, a WHM sub only needs enough MP to keep you alive for the last 15 seconds of a battle, so it works out fine. If you have any desire to have more MP, most MP boosting gear can be worn by BST.

Pros: Cures will save your ass in an emergency. Later levels will give you Divine Seal, higher level cure spells, and Blink along with Stoneskin. Those last two are real lifesavers. You also get all the "-na" spells, which will save you when you're poisoned, or paralyzed.. or even blind. Above all else though, it helps reduce downtime. It takes far less time to heal for 100MP than 1000HP ;)

Cons: Lends nothing to your traditional melee skills, which doesn't help when you keep missing the mob while your HP gets closer to the red. But hey, that's where the Pros list comes in. Enfeeble spells tend to become useless at higher levels.

Flying Mullet
12-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Heh, how funny, I was just reading that. :)

I'll admit I love the idea of a WHM sub, but that means I'm really dependent on parties to get to lvl 30. :(

chionos
12-08-2004, 09:05 PM
not necessarily. you can get to 30 solo with a whm sub, it just takes a lot of planning. really you could sub anything though. i've seen a couple bst/brd, and bst/nin who were pretty well respected, but i've only ever been bst/whm, so i can't say for sure. why not test some of the more obviously possible jobs out? B/c of the loner lifestyles of most bsts, they're probably the least understood job.