PDA

View Full Version : Does smoking offend you?

Hawkeye
02-02-2005, 04:59 PM
As the topic says, do smokers around you affend you? Is it hard to breathe when there are smokers around you?

Ultima Shadow
02-02-2005, 05:01 PM
They don't offend me... but yes, it's hard to breath when they are around.

Dr.K
02-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I think it depends on the concentration of smoke thats surrounding me. If they're making an adequate effort to try and avoid me smelling like a pile of tar for the rest of the day then i don't mind it in the slightest. Some smokers have a habit of seemingly trying to get you to inhale almost as much as they are though, and that's annoying. In small concentrations, i kinda like the smell of cigarette smoke.

Doc Sark
02-02-2005, 05:03 PM
It offends me if someone is inconsiderate enough to smoke around me while I eat, or smoke in a place where smoking is forbidden like Buses, trains, some restaurants etc. I don't have a problem with smokers but I do have a problem with inconsiderate smokers.

Little Miss Awesome
02-02-2005, 05:06 PM
They don't offend me... but yes, it's hard to breath when they are around.
Same here, only I don't really have any friends or family who smoke, and when they do they smoke outside or something

Rainecloud
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
I absolutely hate it. The same thing happens every day - I'll be stood at the bus stop with about ten other people, and a yob will come along, spit on the floor, put up his hood and light up a cigarette. In my opinion, smoking outdoors is completely inconsiderate, and should be completely banned. If people want to give themselves cancer, then let them do it in their own homes without damaging the public who are forced to inhale some of the smoker's toxic fumes.

Leeza
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I agree with Dr. K. I don't mind a bit if it's outside because I actually like the smell in small does, but when it's in a room with even only one or two smokers I get a burning throat and sore eyes, etc. You also end up smelling like an ashtray, which is really noticable by non-smokers.

All of the smokers that I know do not smoke indoors, even in their own home. They always go outside to do their thing, even in the winter cold and rain that we always have here so none of them are bothersome to me.

SomethingBig
02-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I absolutely hate it. The same thing happens every day - I'll be stood at the bus stop with about ten other people, and a yob will come along, spit on the floor, put up his hood and light up a cigarette. In my opinion, smoking outdoors is completely inconsiderate, and should be completely banned. If people want to give themselves cancer, then let them do it in their own homes without damaging the public who are forced to inhale some of the smoker's toxic fumes.
Yep. Having people smoke around me isn't offensive, but it sure as heck is extremely annoying and obnoxious of the people to be doing such a thing. They may want to reduce their life expectancy, but I don't want them doing it around me. It's especially bad in school bathrooms. I've been to two high schools and I guaran-damn-tee you that the bathrooms(boys and girls) are always smelling like smoke. It's bad enough that people urinate on the floors, but to have to actually breathe in smoke while doing my business is annoying.

Cz
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Outdoors it doesn't bother me too much, but indoors it's pretty irritating, since there's no way to escape the noxious smell, aside from standing up and leaving, which draws too much attention for my liking. Fortunately this situation doesn't come up as often as it might seem, so it's not a huge issue for me.

gokufusionss1
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
it bugs me when peple complain about smokers when there in general open plan areas such as parks, pubs ect. I don't smoke but if someone complained about my friends smoking i'd light one up just to annoy them. The effects of passive smoking are massively exaggerated anyway.

Rye
02-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Yes. I don't like when people smoke around me. :/

Female Ryuichi
02-02-2005, 09:09 PM
No, as long as they don't smoke indoors. Indoor smoking bugs me.

Jebus
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
So long as its cigar smoke, I don't care. Cigars smell like <3. They also taste like <3.

m4tt
02-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't like it at all. Simple as that.

Mirage
02-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

Spritz
02-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I hate cigarette smoke. I can understand why someone would use them and I have no problem with them at all as long as they don't come up to me and blow smoke in my face. I'd punch them in the gut and throw their coughed out cigarette in the bin if they did that.

Edit: When you think about it, wouldn't exposing someone else to poisonous fumes your producing constitute as bodily harm? Lung cancer seems pretty harmful to me. Makes me wonder why it isn't illegal to smoke in crowded places.

strawberryman
02-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, after living with my grandma after 12 years, i've gotten used to it. I stay upstairs on my computer most of the time, anyway.

Miriel
02-02-2005, 10:56 PM
It doesn't offend but it does annoy the hell out of me.

I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, it makes me gag. So if you're gonna smoke, that's fine, just don't be near me when you do it.

Kirobaito
02-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Yes, it does offend me. I cannot stand cigarette smoke, and when I'm around it I cough obnoxiously to let them know how I feel about it.

Psychotic
02-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Doesn't bother me. Let them do what they want. My only problem with cigarette smoke is if it gets on my clothes, as it smells fouler like that and I guess also people will think I smoke too, but eh, if they wanna think that, let them.

Lucky Charms
02-02-2005, 11:45 PM
It used to not affect me.. until I lived with a smoker. I used to run a lot, now I have a sort of permanent asthma that inhibits me from running too much..

Tokki Wartooth
02-03-2005, 12:39 AM
I like smokers. I like the taste of them. :love: :love: :love:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-03-2005, 01:02 AM
My dad smokes so i used to it...but no i dont get offended its more of an eye-opener for me not to smoke! But its a different story if someone purposely puffs smoke right in front of my face...gets real annoying!

Doomgaze
02-03-2005, 01:57 AM
I don't mind the smell of the smoke until it's grown stale, so... somewhere where they have been smoking for awhile bothers me, outside or something doesn't.

kikimm
02-03-2005, 02:07 AM
I hate cigarette smoke. I can understand why someone would use them

You can? Ugh. That's one of the things I'll enver be able to cpmprehend, but all right.

As for me, I really hate smokers; I completely agree with Rainecloud. There's already enough damn pollution in the air, thanks. I don't need smokers adding to the problem, and creating more for me, AND themselves. Yuck.

:D

Meat Puppet
02-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Normal cigarettes don't bother me, but the heavy stuff makes me high.

Don't know if that's bothersome or not.

Yamaneko
02-03-2005, 02:33 AM
As long as it's out in the open I don't care.

Logan
02-03-2005, 02:51 AM
My sister and her boyfriend always smoke around me, and I don't mind unless they're right in my face.

Del Murder
02-03-2005, 03:40 AM
Smoking does not offend me but due to the amount of value I place on my own health and sense of smell I will not tolerate it done near me.

Shlup
02-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I don't like smelling it. I do my best to keep people from having to smell my unpleasant odors, and I expect the same from other people.

02-03-2005, 03:54 AM
they dont offend me when theyre not around me. otherwise, i always try to hold my breath.

o_O
02-03-2005, 06:41 AM
I hate smoking. If somebody smokes around me I move. Or if I was there first, I tell them to move. I find that most smokers are considerate, and do take steps to avoid offending non-smokers, but there are a few who seem to piss the non-smokers off frequently.

Smoking in bars and nightclubs is now illegal in New Zealand, thankfully, so I can finally go to town without smelling like an ashtray on the way back. :p

Mikztsu
02-03-2005, 07:01 AM
It doesn't offend me. I myself only smoke sometimes when I'm drinking.

JunotDe
02-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Well If im walkin down the street and sum http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif Breathes it in my face yah it duz

Luc
02-03-2005, 07:44 AM

Wow.. Raine couldn't have said it better.. O_O

skystje
02-03-2005, 07:00 PM
I myself being a smoker.. uhh no it doesnt. To an extent that is.

I will not smoke in a place that is allready too smoky, burns my eyes too. I try to be as considerate as possible. Outside in public or even in my backyard (which is mainly where I do smoke.. I dont smoke in the house) I will breathe it out straight up as opposed to straight out, so as to try to keep it out of other's faces.

Secondhand smoke IS a factor indoors, where it is concentrated more. Outside in open air however is a different story. There is NO merit to that argument outside in open air as it just dissipates allmost immediately. Exception is when someone is actually blowing it in someone's face, that is just wrong. There are definitely some rude people out there. :mad: I myself am offended by people who purposely annoy non-smokers.

Pollution? Yeah it does pollute the enviornment.. 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 % of it compaired to all the industry and vehicles that is around nowadays. Be reasonable.

I for one will quit someday soon. Lobelia, an herb containing Lobeline, blocks nicotine uptake to the brain and has similar effects. look for a cease smoking aid that has it, it will be very effective, moreso than an aid that has nicotine in it itself.

Venom65437
02-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I am not a fan of smoking, but I'm not offended by it.

And of course it's harder to breathe around it.

Chaos
02-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I work in a pub - and yes, I dislike smoking immensely.
I don't know why I work in a smoke filled enviroment - I'm one of the only non smokers there. I can't wait till the no smoking ban comes into play - then I'll be laughing!

I think it's really out of order when smokers just light up without so much as a by-your-leave. It's irritating, to say the least. If they want to commit a slow suicide then at least have the decency not to do it around me.

Chaos

Casey
02-04-2005, 12:33 AM
They offend me because the smoke is in the air Im breathing in and it causes cancer. I dont even appreciate the smell of it also, like most people.

XxSephirothxX
02-04-2005, 12:42 AM
I absolutely hate smoking. It offends me when people start smoking near me in an enclosed space without asking. What offends me even more, though, is if they start smoking consistently around little kids. That's just wrong. I can't see the logic in doing that to your own children.

Baloki
02-04-2005, 01:00 AM
I can live with people smoking even though I don't :D

theundeadhero
02-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Terribly /sarcasm

DJZen
02-04-2005, 01:09 AM
It's not really smokers that bother me so much as it is corn meal.

Baloki
02-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Terribly /sarcasm

*Hands you a SARS Mask :D *

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
I have no problem with smokers as long as it is not in my face...I hate the smeel of smoke I do not appreciate people trying to slowly kill me.

EDIT: If you want to see what Phillip Morris, Sailor Moon, and instant oatmeal have in common come here=>http://geocities.com/Sailor_Moon_Slide_Show/act1_part1.htm
(I know it's a little off topic, but it is funny)

Jack
02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't mind

Polaris
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
No i don't mind coz my friends smoke around me and I even go with them to buy cigarrets (for them), I just try and make them smoke the less that they can...

Itsunari 2000
02-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I really dislike it - health is important to me , so if there's anything that annoys me , then it's being in areas where there's lots of smokers. I do try my best to either ignore it or control my breathing , but sometimes it just pisses me off entirely , given I'm mildly asthmatic.

DMKA
02-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't like smoking. It's generally just gross, but I don't really dislike anyone for doing it. What I do hate is people who are inconsiderate and rude with it. Yesterday I was walking to my next class and this chick that looked like a dude blew a big huge puff of smoke right in my face. I'd never seen her before in my life. What the hell is that about? O__o

Lionx
02-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I dont smoke but i dont mind people that do. As long as they arent doing it in front of someone's face or inside a room then its fine with me. Of course the breath kinda sucks ><; I actually find people who hate smoking and actually hate the smoker so much to start cussing at them more annoying..some of my friends did that to another friend of mine who smokes...that wasnt cool -_-;

boris no no
02-04-2005, 07:24 PM
i really don't like it. my ex was a heavy smoker and he smoked around me all the time. as a result i now have bad lungs.
i think that we should learn from the irish and ban it from all public places.