PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

Necronopticous
06-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Just got back from seeing Batman Begins, I've got to say, I'm not a fan of the series, comics, or previous movies, but this was damn good. I originally went just hoping that Christian Bale would finally be in a good movie again and I was fulfilled and genuinely impressed.

In my opinion, Batman Begins was by far the best superhero movie made to date and rivals Sin City for the best comic book based movie ever made.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

Shlup
06-16-2005, 01:03 AM
That's good news. I've always been a fan of Batman, though not so much the movies, and was looking forward to this one.

Then again, you didn't like Episode III and wanted to see Lords of Dogtown, so maybe I won't listen to you. :p

XxSephirothxX
06-16-2005, 01:04 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews I've read and so on and so forth have driven me to go back and look at some of my Batman graphic novels. It's about time they made a film really showing off his dark, intelligent side--in the comics, Batman mainly survived by outsmarting his enemies. The movies have mostly been a guy in a rubber suit beating up people. I'd say the fact they're already clamoring for a sequel is a great sign.

Shoeberto
06-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Everything looks to be in top shape, but I disagree with the direction they took with the Batmobile. I think it looks to bulky.

I'll probably go see this sometime soon. I really want to see it.

Necronopticous
06-16-2005, 01:57 AM
wanted to see Lords of Dogtown, so maybe I won't listen to you. :pI saw Lords of Dogtown and it was amazing.

Miriel
06-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I think "damn good" is a very accurate describtion of this movie.

Seriously, I thought it was awesome and I'm not even a big fan of Batman. Christian Bale was perfect as Batman and I loved Michael Caine as Alfred. In fact, the casting for this movie was phenomenal. I mean c'mon, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman in one movie? That's good stuff. I thought Christopher Nolan did a superb job putting the pieces together for this movie. You're right Necro, Batman Begins is one of the best comic book adaptations, ever. The only misstep throughout the whole thing being Katie Holmes. Everyone shined in this movie except for her.

Did I mention how much I loved the setup for the sequel? I won't spoil it for anyone, but my audience burst into cheers when it happened. It was fantastic. :)

Necronopticous
06-16-2005, 01:59 AM
But Katie Holmes is hot ;(

Yamaneko
06-16-2005, 02:01 AM
Everything looks to be in top shape, but I disagree with the direction they took with the Batmobile. I think it looks to bulky.
It's an early Batmobile. The later ones won't look like that.

I'm planning on seeing it this weekend.

Miriel
06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
But Katie Holmes is hot ;(
I like Katie Holmes, I really do. I'll even buy a Free Katie (http://www.freekatie.net/) shirt. But you gotta admit, she's not a very good actress. =/

XxSephirothxX
06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
The Batmobile design was really the only thing I've seen that I disapproved of. Sure, it's not nearly as big a deal as, say, who plays Batman, but I would have liked to see a design a bit more similar to the one in the original Batman film. The new one they've designed just looks...too weird.

Excelsior
06-16-2005, 04:47 AM
im seeing it tommorow. it looks like it'll be damn good, but i dont think its gonna be as good as the first batman movie. which also happens to be the best comic book movie ever.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2005, 04:56 AM
I'll probably not see it for awhile. My friend and I were tricked over the release date, so we wasted a trip to the movies. As shallow as it is, this may have jaded us against the movie.

On the other hand, reviews seem glowing.

Crazy the Clown
06-16-2005, 05:17 AM
George Clooney, in my opinion, was the only whack-ass Batman. Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer did a decent job. I'll reserve judgement on Christian Bale until I see Batman Begins.

Jamie Madrox-"I wanna be Batman!"

DMKA
06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
I may go see it now after reading this...I wasn't interested before but now I am.

Then again you're the same group of people who told me "Big Fish" was entertaining. o_____O

Zanius
06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't have anything against George Clooney, but he's not good for Batman. Besides I prefer Val Kilmer as Batman, and he also makes the Bruce Wayne a powerful character. But that's not the point... the Batman series were not so good because of the directors and also the people who made the story line...

For example, on the last movie (Batman and Robin) they put Bane on this one, and he has nothing to do with Poison Ivy... it was a total failure. All the Bat-fans spoken real bad about this (even me of course), for me was a total disappointment, and also the Batgirl origins... well no comments on that... :rolleyes2

Now I can only hope that the people of Warner Brothers and the DC Comics will now make a decent work about Batman Begins. I enjoyed some of Christian Bale's works like the American Psycho and The Machinist. He's a good actor, and I believe that they choose the right person to make the Batman.

Xander
06-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I wasn't really interested before this but now...hmm..I don't know..vaguely interested..but too lazy to see it. xD Maybe when it's on dvd ^_^

theundeadhero
06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
The first two movies were a lot different than the next two. Noone seems to be mentioning that here. In those, Batman was dark and more thoughtful. They were what a Batman movie should be. As long as this is like them I'll be happy.

Shadowflare
06-16-2005, 05:07 PM
*makes first post*

I thought so too, I thought the Tumbler looked stupid. But then I saw that chase scene and could only think 'oh, hell yeah'.

Fantastic movie. I was up until 3:30 AM last night writing my RT review of the film. For several hours, I was just so stunned at the several thousand degrees of awesomeness I just saw, and could barely even speak I was in such a daze. It's just really fun for Batman fans such as myself, and entertaining for those that aren't, because it's just a damn good movie. Well-done, kudos to Nolan and Goyer. :D

Everyone shined in this movie except for her.
Yeah, her presence came off as a little unecessary. Though, from what I hear, she has more of a use in the next one than she did this one.

In my opinion, Batman Begins was by far the best superhero movie made to date and rivals Sin City for the best comic book based movie ever made.
For sure.

Rase
06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Saw it last night, loved it, and would recommend it to anyone over the age of thirteen. Currently my favorite movie of the year. My only complaint was that, for me, it was sometimes hard to follow what happened in the fight scenes.

Oh, and they SO better make a sequal and not screw it up.

Silmaril
06-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I want to watch Batman Begins even though I'm not much of a Batman fan.

SeeDRankLou
06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
First of all, anyone who has a beef with the Tumbler/pre-batmobile, all I have to say is see the movie and see the Tumble in action and then you can have your opinions. The chase seen is awesome, and some of the stuff the Tumbler can do rivals some of what the previous batmobiles have done.

Anyway. I saw it on IMAX yesterday. It was truely superb, easily my second favorite Batman movie (my favorite being Batman Returns). Christian Bale gave a spectacular performance as Bruce Wayne. His performance of Batman was a tad cheesy but still very good. My friend told me something yesterday that pretty much summed up my opinions of this movie. He said, "This was actually a Batman movie and not a villain of the week movie." That's how I feel about this movie. Not that I'm saying the other Batman movies were bad, but the other Batman movies did focus more on the villain(s) and how that person becomes the villain and what happens to them and what they are doing, blah blah blah. It doesn't focus that much on Bruce Wayne/Batman except for the few key shots of him reliving his parents dieing and all the action scenes. This movie focuses very heavily on Bruce Wayne and his struggles and his life. It didn't focus very much on the villains but at the same time there really wasn't that much to focus on. This villain doesn't really have much of a history, and his actions are kept a mystery on purpose, which gives more screen time to Bruce, which was probably done on purpose. Great casting all around actually. Very nice story as well.

I guess I'll be the first to say I liked Katie Holmes in this movie. Not the best performance in the movie, but I thought she did fairly well. I think she took the part a tad too seriously, which makes some of her scenes almost cheesy, but I liked her performance.

And what is this about another movie, or setting it up for a sequel? From what I saw they were just setting it up to transition into the first Batman movie. Did I miss something or are they remaking the first Batman movie?

Dreddz
06-16-2005, 08:16 PM
well after the bad aftertaste of the 3rd and 4th batman movie, I have high expectations for the movie
It came out today in UK and im seeing it on Saturday
Is it as good as the first 2 movies with Keaton ?

ughhis
06-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Big Fish is a superb movie.

Batman Begins is not. It's not horrible, I'd say it's ok. A strong 2.

Shoeberto
06-17-2005, 03:44 AM
I loved this movie. The DVD is must have for me.

kikimm
06-17-2005, 04:25 AM
Gah! I must see this. I actually do like the Batman movies, so I'ev been looking forward to this one for awhile. Hearing that Christian bale was playing Batman only fueled that; he's a great actor, but I don't think he's as recognized as he should be.

I'm thinking...this weekend will be a glorious one. It's exciting to see that so many people love it. Very encouraging.

:D

eestlinc
06-17-2005, 05:23 AM
yea Big Fish was mediocre at best.

however, I think the first Keaton/Nicholson Batman was an amazing movie and this one will be hard pressed to exceed it in my eyes, but I'll give it a chance. And for those who laud Batman and Batman Returns equally, as someone who has wathced them back to back (on a friday night no less, sad times) Returns is a shadow of the original's greatness.

Raven Nox
06-17-2005, 05:29 AM
I saw it yesterday, and I don't really like Batman at all, but I really liked this movie a lot. A must see! I was really surpised that I liked it so much!

P.S. Big Fish is a great movie! >.<

Shoeberto
06-17-2005, 05:30 AM
I was a big fan of the original, but I think this one out-did it. There's much more depth than there was to the first.

RedCydranth
06-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Outstanding, I made a thread in the general forum, but it was promptly closed (Sorry, Necron, I'm a doof!).

Anyhow here was what it said:

Okay, Not a whole lot of hype around this movie, but I honestly feel its easily the best Batman to date. I give Christian Bale credit, he made Batman credible. He made him seem more human and driven than any prior Batman. Sure Tim Burton's rendition of the Penguin was cool, and Val Kilmer was a sweet Batman. And yes, Jim Carrey as the Riddler was the perfect fit, but all in all Bale, Neeson, Caine and Oldman really put their characters into realistic light, moreso than any previous movie.

I thought that Scarecrow without his mask looked too girly. But thats just me... As for Katie Holmes, the whole movie would have been just as good without her. She served very little purpose. The only important thing she did was deliver the antidote to Gordon. All the "finding your true self" could have been and was in some part done by Alfred. Besides anyone who knows Batman knows he's single, so a love interest is only mildly important to the storylines.

Yes, the allusion to the next one was cool, but is this the beginning of a whole new Batman series? or do we count the old ones, and add them into storyline? I'd LOVE to forget the Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy catastrophe that was Batman & Robin. Come on.. Schwarzenegger?? Rubber icicles? cheesy editing (the scene where Robin and Ivy fight by the water was horrible, when Robin was comimg up for air and goes back down you can tell the footage was stopped and rewound, not him getting sucked under again.. Horrible.

Anyhow.. Yes, This batman begins is hands down the best Batman movie ever, beating the original with Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson. And that's saying something, I really loved that movie.

Shadowflare
06-17-2005, 04:48 PM
but is this the beginning of a whole new Batman series?
Yes. This is the beginning of a new movie franchise. The others no longer count. The whole cast and crew is signed on for three.
The next one will be mostly based on the the graphic novels 'The Killing Joke' and 'The Long Halloween', meaning that the primary villians will be Joker and Two-face, at least as far as I know from preliminary rumors based on words from Chris Nolan and Christian Bale.
Yeah, this was a great foundation for a new series of movies. I am pleased. :D

Shoeberto
06-17-2005, 05:08 PM
A lot of people have seemed to have problems with Holmes, but I thought she fit in perfectly. Usually I see love stories in movies as useless padding, but I thought this one was fine.

I thought the Scarecrow guy was great just because of the huge difference between him without the mask and him with it. He wasn't a guy you'd suspect of being the bad guy.

I loved Morgan Freeman's character, too. He fit in there and made it all the more believable. Was he added just for the movie, or was he ever in the comics?

Shadowflare
06-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Was he added just for the movie, or was he ever in the comics?

Lucious Fox is most certainly a supporting character from the comics. He knows who Batman is (though doesn't talk about it) and helps him obtain his gear, and basically runs Wayne Enterprises. And yes, Freeman did a fantastic job, as usual.

Excelsior
06-18-2005, 07:24 AM
honestly, that was probably the best comic book movie, in terms of how a comic book movie is made. like, if you wanted to show off a comic book movie, thats the one you would pick. my favorite comic book movie, tied with the first batman, and it was waaaay frickin better then spiderman 2 and x-2.

SomethingBig
06-20-2005, 03:22 AM
This is definitely the best superhero flick I've ever seen. I wouldn't even doubt its ability to become the best movie of 2005. I never thought it possible, but it's much better than Spider-Man.

To the people complaining about the Tumbler, go to the North Pole! Notice how not once did Wayne/Batman call it the Batmobile. It was just something to to get him around at the time. He was a noob at the superhero business. I guess no one else noticed the not-high-tech grappling hooks that he used or the lack of super computers in the batcave.

I definitely had doubts after seeing the 10 minute trailer that played after Smallville because Bayle looked too thick for Batman and I didn't like his Batman voice, but that all changed with the movie. There was that one part where he was holding that thug upside down and he started to yell at the thug. That scene was just slightly over the top. Other than that, he definitely played the part perfectly.

I was afraid that they'd turn the movie into some martial arts movie, like they did with Batman Forever and Returns, but thank God they didn't. Batman was brought back to his true glory: as a stealthy hero of the night who takes his enemies on through the shadows. In Batman Forever and, oh God, especially Batman and Robin, they(Batman and his posse) pretty much paraded in the streets. Also, Gordon and Batman's team-up was always low-key.

I don't see what people have against Katie Holmes. She played her part well and it's not like she got much screen time, to begin with. She was a good actor in the movie. If you hated how the character was portrayed, blame it on the writers, not the actor.

Shadowflare, where'd you get your info on the supposed upcoming Batman movie series?

Excelsior
06-20-2005, 04:04 AM
There was that one part where he was holding that thug upside down and he started to yell at the thug. That scene was just slightly over the top.

really? i loved that scene. I thought that how angry he was and they way he did his voice definately put the fear of God in that man, which is pretty much your goal when your trying to interrogate someone.

SomethingBig
06-20-2005, 04:09 AM
I liked that scene too, and I'm not talking about the way he voiced it. There was just something weird about his lips. Bah, I'll have to watch it again to see whta the problem was.

Shadowflare
06-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Shadowflare, where'd you get your info on the supposed upcoming Batman movie series?

That was the announcement from WB as soon as production started on BB. They stated that this is the resurrection of the Batman movie franchise after it died in 1997. If the box office numbers are good enough, they'll push forward with a sequel, and right now, that possibility is looking really good. I hang out at comic book and movie sites like SuperHero Hype! and RottenTomatoes, so I see these things all the time. I can get you specific reports and press releases if you want. Nolan and Goyer basically already have the plot for the next movie in mind, and they're just waiting for the green light from WB.

edczxcvbnm
06-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I thought the movie was good. I don't know if it was better than Burton's original Batman but still really good.

I wonder if Ras Al Gaul will return in the next movie in anyway. That is one of my bigger questions. I don't care that he went down in that train wreck because of who and what he is.

The only problem I had with this movie was the way the fighting was shot. It was too broken up and too fast moving which means they screwed up way too much when actually fighting for the most part.

Rusty
06-20-2005, 04:09 PM
That would have to be the best action film I have ever seen. It's going to be so hard for any other superhero type movie to compete with that. I've seen it twice at the cinemas - I watched it on Sunday and today (Monday). It was just awesome. Really awesome.

I thought Katie Homles played her part really well in the movie. I didn't see a problem with her.

The only part in the movie I thought was a bit silly was when Bruce's parents got shot in the alleyway - I mean really, who would choose to exit the building through a door that just opened to a dark alley way when the family is obviously rich and carry good cash on them?.

But other than that - film was so awesome!

gokufusionss1
06-20-2005, 05:17 PM
duh duh duuuh The joker.

Excellent film and i personaly love the quick cut close camera fight action, but then it's like the shaky cam on battlestar galatica some people love it some people hate it.

lordblazer
06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Batman Begins was a great movie i can't believe a batman movie was actually good for the first time.But the scare crow villian he looked weird.His face the Dr. I mean his face looked like it has gone through every kind of plastic surgery medical science had to offer.

Ste
06-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Superb film, everything was good, yes i was expecting it to be betetr than the other batman films but it was more than that. some very good acting in there, great action sequences (without much CG technology might i add) and come on, you want a batmobile.

will write more tomorrow when im less tired and more alive

SomethingBig
06-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I musta missed when they said that on the WB.

I liked how the fights were shot and did Batman justice. It wouldn't have worked in any other action movie, though. Why? Because that's just how Batman fights. You see a dark blur and a blurry flurry of punches before you get your bananas handed to you.

Shadowflare
06-20-2005, 11:59 PM
I musta missed when they said that on the WB.
Not 'on the WB'. WB=Warner Bros. Studios. I should have been more clear. In the initial press releases announcing the movie, they made it clear that this is the beginning of a new franchise.

Christian Bale - Says that he is definitely signed to play the Dark Knight again.

source = Dark Horizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050609a.php)
This means sequels. At least two more if rumors hold. Bale apparently isn't the only one signed on for more than one right now. Gary Oldman is signed, and certain others have been as well. It only follows that Caine and Holmes will soon follow. Freeman doubts they'll come back to him, but they probably will if he's needed for the plot. David Goyer is apparently signed on to do the story again.
Chris Nolan is the only question mark I suppose. Initial rumors that he already signed turned out to be false unfortunately. :( He enjoyed making it, and could see doing it again. If he goes for another one, we'll likely see the same cast and crew for the next two. Apparently, Nolan and Goyer have already toyed with sequel options while making Batman Begins, those involving the Joker, so they have been planning for the strong possibility of more movies. I really hope that they all do sign on again. I can't imagine another Batman without this cast and crew. They did it so well. :D

SomethingBig
06-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Definitely. The cast was impeccable. I wonder who'll dawn the Joker role, though? Jim Carrey would be pretty okay as a Joker.

edczxcvbnm
06-21-2005, 01:35 AM
There is only one man that can play the Joker and that is Jack. He will forever be the ultimate Joker in my eyes.

I think people misunderstand me when I say I don't like the way it was shot during fight scenes. I loved the way he took out everyone in the war house but I had problems with the one on one fights with Ras Al Gaul(the fake and the real one).

Shoeberto
06-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Definitely. The cast was impeccable. I wonder who'll dawn the Joker role, though? Jim Carrey would be pretty okay as a Joker.
nonononononononononononononononononononononononononono

SomethingBig
06-21-2005, 01:46 AM
What about James Caan? He kinda looks like Jacky. Oh, how about Jacky Chan? Actually, Ewan Mcgregor, just cuz he's hawt.

kikimm
06-21-2005, 02:01 AM

He was already the Riddler, though, and that would be kind of weird. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

Hmm. They need someone good...ADRIAN BRODY! :love: xD

But I was definitley amazed at how good this movie was; it felt so much more like a piece of art, than watching a comic book. Don't get me wrong, I love all the Batman movies, but this one was good by anyone's standards, me thinks.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2005, 03:04 AM
Ok, so... I saw this movie?

I loved this movie.

I thought Cillian Murphy was an excellent choice to play Scarecrow. He managed to be very sinister, even without the mask on, but he could also switch to be the kind of psychiatrist one would expect to meet with ease. Also, when he wasn't being scary, he was being extremely cute. Which is good.

I had no problem with Katie Holmes, I don't really see why some did, but eh. Caine was brilliant. And I think Bale really, really has a chance here to prove himself to a wide audience. Although he's shown himself to be an excellent actor in other movies, most of those are les big-name. He makes a startlingly good Dark Knight.

Another thing worthy of note is that the one-liners were actually funny, not cheesy. I don't think even the Spiderman and X-Men movies have managed that as well as this did. Don't get me wrong, I still love those (And Hulk), but this was something special.

Shadowflare
06-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Mark Hamill would seriously own as the Joker? He's a comic book freak and would give his all. Obviously, he's proven he's got the voice and the laugh. And he of course has the acting chops to fit in with the high calibur of this cast. To me, he would be perfect.
Crispin Glover would be another good choice, but I would be disappointed in light of Hamill being available.

GoodCharlie2003
06-21-2005, 03:15 AM
I'm a girl and I think Cillian Murphy was so hot in Batman Begins and the movie wasn't bad either.

Necronopticous
06-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Hmm. They need someone good...ADRIAN BRODY! :love: xD(Yes, please.)

Del Murder
06-21-2005, 06:08 AM
yea Big Fish was mediocre at best.

however, I think the first Keaton/Nicholson Batman was an amazing movie and this one will be hard pressed to exceed it in my eyes, but I'll give it a chance. And for those who laud Batman and Batman Returns equally, as someone who has wathced them back to back (on a friday night no less, sad times) Returns is a shadow of the original's greatness.
I agree with all this.

I really loved the movie but I still think the original was better. I might like this one more right now, but that might be because it is new. We'll see how it fares after I watch it a few times. At least it was dark. The last two films had too much color.

I think Christian Bale was great, and it was refreshing to see the 'mask' of Bruce Wayne again. I don't think anyone could have done this better than Keaton in Batman ('Open up twelve, thirteen more cases?'), but at least the movie included it.

Liam Neeson was the best, even if he never called Batman 'detective'.

Miriel
06-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

That was from an unconfirmed source, but I don't have a hard time believing it.

I'd also like to add that Cillian Murphy was wonderful in the movie. I liked him so much that I went home and immediately googled him. I didn't realize while watching the movie that he was the same guy from 28 Days Later. What a fantastic actor. :up:

Craig
06-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I didn't really like it, the whole movie seemed to be kindof rushed and like the people in the story knew what was going on but didn't feel like telling me.

But then, I've never been a big fan of Bat Man, I prefer Spider Man.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I didn't really like it, the whole movie seemed to be kindof rushed and like the people in the story knew what was going on but didn't feel like telling me.

Rushed? You mean the way it spent a good 45 minutes on a background to the movie most would have told in 10?

Shadowflare
06-21-2005, 03:12 PM
reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

I wouldn't blame them. Holmes and Cruise stole the show. This should have been about Bale, but instead, it was about her, which is unfortunate. Bale has never gotten the amount public attention he so richly deserves.

kikimm
06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

That was from an unconfirmed source, but I don't have a hard time believing it.

I'd also like to add that Cillian Murphy was wonderful in the movie. I liked him so much that I went home and immediately googled him. I didn't realize while watching the movie that he was the same guy from 28 Days Later. What a fantastic actor. :up:

Well. I'm not disappointed. They should have had a much stronger actress from the start. I thought she did well, but there are better actresses out there. So yay for the news.

And as for Cillian Murphy, he IS a very good actor, and proved that again in this movie. He was in Girl With A Pearl Earring as well, but got horribly little screentime, which disappointed me, for many reasons.

SomethingBig
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Cillian Murphy was also the guy from 28 Days Later, right? He had a MUCH lower voice in that movie.

I got it! How about they do a Jaws vs Batman movie instead? I mean, it'd due away with the hassle of finding a Joker! A Roy Scheider and Batman team-up would OWN Jaws like he wouldn't believe.

Del Murder
06-22-2005, 02:15 AM
I would be happier if there wasn't a love interest in the next movie. Batman is about hate, not love!

Shlup
06-22-2005, 02:20 AM
The only part in the movie I thought was a bit silly was when Bruce's parents got shot in the alleyway - I mean really, who would choose to exit the building through a door that just opened to a dark alley way when the family is obviously rich and carry good cash on them?.
They were just doing it the way it happened in the comic. I don't think you can leave through the front after an opera starts anyway, and the fact that Thomas Wayne doesn't mind walking through alleyways and such is a reflection on him as an idealist.

Craig
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM

Rushed? You mean the way it spent a good 45 minutes on a background to the movie most would have told in 10?

I mean the way within 5 minutes of us seeing him in the present hes beating up japanese people for no reason then he finds a rare blue flower like it's a Daisy and is at the top of a mountain, sorry for having an opinion.

Clouds_Girl
06-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I went to see Batman Begins last night, it was pretty cool overall, except there were one or two cheesy bits, but Christian Bale did quite well portraying Bruce Wayne.

Swordicanus
06-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Christian Bale is the best Batman I feel.........his seriousness and his darkness just were'nt there with Val Kilmer and Clooney they were just too nice to be Batman....he's supposed to be dark and mysterious....................by the way did anyone how gruff he spoke when dressed up as Batman

XxSephirothxX
06-30-2005, 08:04 PM
The gruffness has been a trademark Batman thing for years.