PDA

View Full Version : Level and DressSphere Question

FlyingCow
06-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Ok im a lvl 43 Yuna(Gunner or Magic Gunner), lvl 45 Rikku (Berserker)and a lvl 46 Paine(Warrior, or anything melee).O ya and im at chapter 4 just beat that mission where u gotta catch Tobli

And the other question is that I cant equip the 3 girls special dresssepheresThat flower thing, Machina Raw or something like that and Full Trottle.

abrojtm
06-28-2006, 02:55 AM
What was the first question?

In order to transform, you must A) have the Special Dressphere, and B) have traveled through every node on that character's current garment grid.

FlyingCow
06-28-2006, 03:10 AM
a) ok i have it
B) o ok thx alot

The first one was that if Im a high enough lvl to go on or should i train?

starseeker
06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
You're overlevelled. I'm usually at those levels at the end of the game.

Setzer Gabianni
06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
You need a specific garment grid, only one will work for special dresspheres. Unerring Path is what you need.

~Setzer Gabianni

FlyingCow
06-28-2006, 03:19 PM

You need a specific garment grid, only one will work for special dresspheres. Unerring Path is what you need.

kk i have that thx for the help

Dell
06-28-2006, 03:19 PM
You don't need those Special Dressphere.

Gunner + Trigger Happy + Cat Nip = Total Ownage. You get Cat Nip in Chapter 5.

Unerring Path is the best Garment Grid if you want to use Special Dressphere. Or if you want a good GG, Highroad Wind, The End, Valiant Lustre and Higher Power is the best. All of them can be acquired in Chapter 5 except for Highroad Wind which you can get earlier in Chapter 2.

Setzer Gabianni
06-28-2006, 05:58 PM
That combo is for cheaters XD. Seriously level up as much as you want, just so you can get more use out of your dresspheres.

~Setzer Gabianni

Dell
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
That combo is for cheaters XD. Seriously level up as much as you want, just so you can get more use out of your dresspheres.

~Setzer Gabianni

You need it for Via Infinito. Seriously, I'm at Level 99, my character can do 9999 damage but that's not enough to defeat those hundred-thousand HP guy in Via Infinito, unless you're determined to be killed by Mega Tonberries, Elder Drakes, Omega Weapon, Ultima Weapon, Chac, Concherer, Paragon and Trema.

Mirage
06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
It doesn't matter what garment grid you use, you can change to the special dresspheres with any. You only need to change to every DS on the GG before you can change to the Special DS. Ofcourse, this is faster using the Unerring Path GG.

Anyway, Special DSes suck because they aren't boosted by Iron Dukes.

FlyingCow
06-28-2006, 06:25 PM
o ok got it Gunner w/ Trigger Happy and Cat Nip = pwnage but should all three girls be gunners then or only 1 girl

Setzer Gabianni
06-28-2006, 06:28 PM
It doesn't matter what garment grid you use, you can change to the special dresspheres with any. You only need to change to every DS on the GG before you can change to the Special DS. Ofcourse, this is faster using the Unerring Path GG.

Anyway, Special DSes suck because they aren't boosted by Iron Dukes.

You learn something new everyday XD

~Setzer Gabianni

Dell
06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
You can only get 1 Cat Nip (unless you're using New Game Plus) so one gunner is enough. The others should be in Dark Knights, because Dark Knight have good Defense, Magic, Strength and Magic Defense (Or Mascot). Only, Dark Knight is a little slow.

kain_ex
06-28-2006, 08:14 PM

~Setzer Gabianni

You need it for Via Infinito. Seriously, I'm at Level 99, my character can do 9999 damage but that's not enough to defeat those hundred-thousand HP guy in Via Infinito, unless you're determined to be killed by Mega Tonberries, Elder Drakes, Omega Weapon, Ultima Weapon, Chac, Concherer, Paragon and Trema.

Well... Mega Tonberries are pushovers, you use a Sentinel on a warrior, take care of tiny Tonberry, and use Black Sky with a DK (for me, it always killed it one try).

Elder Drakes: Berserker + Evade & Counter, except if it oversouls. If it does, kill him normally or if you can't, give up :D

Omega/Ultima Weapon: what the? they suck, really -.-

Chac: Delay Buster or oversoul him for a pretty easy battle...

Concherer: same for Elder Drakes.

Paragon: Just finish him with 3 DKs asap healing everytime you're hit (if you're hit, that is...)

Trema: even though he's pretty hard at the beggining, once you casted final wall with an alchemist (chocobo wing + light curtain) and drained his MP, he's a pushover. Just be careful with his "Beguilling Mire" because it stops one girl, and his Meteor, just heal later.

feona17
06-29-2006, 01:27 AM

Not necessarily... 45 at chapter 4 is not that great. By the end of the game I had 75+ for all the girls the first time, and then 80+ the second time.

Level up in that underground place where you find Cid in the Thunder Plains if you'd like, good AP. Oh and also in the farplane.

FlyingCow
06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok I have Dark Knight already and all i need now is Cat Nip. Thx vivi_ultima
Ya and the Farplane is a good lvling place i tried it but didint save.

kain_ex
06-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Ok I have Dark Knight already and all i need now is Cat Nip. Thx vivi_ultima
Ya and the Farplane is a good lvling place i tried it but didint save.

If you don't know, you can get Cat Nip in Via Infinito (go to bevelle, enter New Yevon HQ and head right to find out about it, in Chapter 5)
at Cloister 40, after killing the boss. If you want a good place to lvl, I suggest equipping Lady Luck with Double EXP learned, go to Cloisters 65-69 in Via Infinito and kill the enemies there since they give great EXP (King VERMIN! gives 5000, 7200 when it Oversouls, with Double EXP you get the double of that and he's easy kill)

FlyingCow
06-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Lol i just found Via Infinito like 5 minutes ago.
The beggining for Via is well....easy.Well thx for the help kain_ex

feona17
06-30-2006, 03:03 AM

Eeek it gets so much harder though. :whaaa: I didn't even bother to finish Via.

kain_ex
06-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Don't get used to it, since when you reach cloisters 70+ things gets tough. When u get to 81+, you'll find the hardest enemies in the game at these cloisters... be careful (reward for finishing via infinito = Iron Duke, the greatest acessory in the game)

FlyingCow
06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Ya i just played and in Cloister 4 and i had to fight the Elder Drake:( I didint bother to fight him. His first hit did like 10000 and killed my Yuna:mad2:

Devil Shroom
06-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Cloister 4 has elder drakes? Mmm, I never found any just Tornberrys.

Those drakes can be easily avoided though, as well as Mega Tormberrys. You don't HAVE to fight till lvl90+ (I think) and at that point you can run from the fight.

Dell
06-30-2006, 05:58 PM

Those drakes can be easily avoided though, as well as Mega Tormberrys. You don't HAVE to fight till lvl90+ (I think) and at that point you can run from the fight.

Cloister don't appear constant in every files. If you found any Elder Drakes, just get out of Via Infinito and enter again, you can get an easy map or harder, if you get harder one, get out again and enter back!

I think there are floor where you must fight Mega Tonberry in order to pass or to get out. I found it in Cloister 80+. And be sure to level up in Via Infinito, when I first entered Via Infinito, my party level is 70, at the end, all of my members level are 95+.

Once you got Cat Nip, you can fight against all monster easily, except for Mega Tonberry because they might attack your Cat Nip'ed character. All strong monster are capable of beating your Cat Nip'ed character in one hit but all of them are slow except Chac, Mega Tonberries and Trema often kill your character faster and you really need Mega Phoenix to revive them.

kain_ex
06-30-2006, 07:32 PM

Cloister don't appear constant in every files. If you found any Elder Drakes, just get out of Via Infinito and enter again, you can get an easy map or harder, if you get harder one, get out again and enter back!

I think there are floor where you must fight Mega Tonberry in order to pass or to get out. I found it in Cloister 80+. And be sure to level up in Via Infinito, when I first entered Via Infinito, my party level is 70, at the end, all of my members level are 95+.

Once you got Cat Nip, you can fight against all monster easily, except for Mega Tonberry because they might attack your Cat Nip'ed character. All strong monster are capable of beating your Cat Nip'ed character in one hit but all of them are slow except Chac, Mega Tonberries and Trema often kill your character faster and you really need Mega Phoenix to revive them.

Actually, you can evade all Mega Tonberries and Elder Drakes, not needing to re-enter Via. There's a Cloister where Mega Tonberry is walking around in a corridor where you have to pass in order to continue. To evade this guy, go to the far right and hug the wall and pass trough it. Another one is the Mega Tonberry stopped where there are a cross formation Cloister. Same strategy above. Elder Drakes will be blocking the path in some cloisters (the ones they keep jumping). There will be one time where there's a edge, let yourself fall without pressing O and you see our friend right in front of you. Hug left or right and go through :D

Markus. D
07-01-2006, 12:54 AM

shush! you cant possibly tell me you can even get pass Chac at that level without the Catnip/Enterprise/Trigger Happy combination.

train at Via Infinito when its available to you ^_^

No.78
07-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Overlevelling is over 20 levels per chapter if yah ask meee. Via Infinito is fun, too bad the stages are repetitive. And killing Trema is so satisfying, cos loosing to him loads is really annoying XD

feona17
07-01-2006, 03:47 PM
You can avoid Elder Drake, you just need to have timing and know when to pass him. (In Via Infinito) 'Cause that biatch can kill you so easily.

Dell
07-02-2006, 04:02 PM
You can avoid Elder Drake, you just need to have timing and know when to pass him. (In Via Infinito) 'Cause that biatch can kill you so easily.

In floor 80+, he appear as random enemy.

Devil Shroom
07-02-2006, 09:38 PM

But you have the choice to run from those fights, which I highly suggest.

kain_ex
07-04-2006, 07:15 PM

But you have the choice to run from those fights, which I highly suggest.

if you're just like me and when I pass cloister 69 I'm lvl 99 (O_O), Elder Drakes are joke if you use a party of DKs... really, the only fights I run in cloisters 80+ are Chac and Concherer (concherer because I'm just too lazy to lose 15 minutes killing it :mad: )

!Rikku!
07-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Well...That's good lvl in that point.
2 question i'm not sure...
U'll get Flolar fallaiwhen u chase LeBlancs shegoons.At the Djose high road u'll find it.Chp 2(?)
Machina maw is in oasis.Was it chp...2?
Paines special dressphere is in macalania woods u can get it only in chp 1 or 2(not sure can u have it in 3)

If i may ask how many lvl u have?
Paine lvl 75 perfect dresspheres warrior and DarkKnight.
Rikku lvl 74 perfect thief almost darkKnight
And Yuna lvl 71perfect Gunner almost perfect DarkKnight and whitemage.All 44% Berseker.:choc2:

kain_ex
07-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Well...That's good lvl in that point.
2 question i'm not sure...
U'll get Flolar fallaiwhen u chase LeBlancs shegoons.At the Djose high road u'll find it.Chp 2(?)
Machina maw is in oasis.Was it chp...2?
Paines special dressphere is in macalania woods u can get it only in chp 1 or 2(not sure can u have it in 3)

If i may ask how many lvl u have?
Paine lvl 75 perfect dresspheres warrior and DarkKnight.
Rikku lvl 74 perfect thief almost darkKnight
And Yuna lvl 71perfect Gunner almost perfect DarkKnight and whitemage.All 44% Berseker.:choc2:

I've never finished a game where I'm under lvl 99, and well I can't say which dresspheres are mastered for me now, but all girls are master on: gunner, gun mage, DK, warrior, black mage, berseker, mascot, thief and yuna's master at songstress