PDA

View Full Version : Reserve mission

Ifrit's_Daddy
07-06-2006, 07:24 PM
hey all, quick question. Does anyone know what that reserve mission is all about. i cant remember what its called but it says [reserve mission] above it in orange. ive played through FFTA twice now and have no idea about it. its a dispatch mission and i think the items you need are eldagusto and vermillion (i could be wrong) both of which ive never seen or heard of. anyway if anyone could enlighten me that would be sweet!

Skyblade
07-07-2006, 02:17 AM
hey all, quick question. Does anyone know what that reserve mission is all about. i cant remember what its called but it says [reserve mission] above it in orange. ive played through FFTA twice now and have no idea about it. its a dispatch mission and i think the items you need are eldagusto and vermillion (i could be wrong) both of which ive never seen or heard of. anyway if anyone could enlighten me that would be sweet!

There are four different reserve missions in FFTA. The one you mentioned is called "My Mission". It requires two of three items. The three items that it might use are the Eldagusto, the Gold Vessel, and the Vermillion. The other three reserve missions will give you one of the three items as a reward. You will only get one of the other three during the game. The mission "My Mission" will require the two items that you didn't get. So, to complete "My Mission", you will have to trade for the other two items. In your case, you would have gotten the Gold Vessel in the first reserve mission, and you will need to trade to get the Vermillion and the Eldagusto to complete "My Mission".

Does that answer your question?

Ifrit's_Daddy
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah, thats pretty much everything i needed to know! thanks.

Monster Hunt
07-07-2006, 12:19 PM
So there's practiacally no way to finish the game fully if you do that reserve mission, right Skyblade? My sister thinks not.

Skyblade
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
So there's practiacally no way to finish the game fully if you do that reserve mission, right Skyblade? My sister thinks not.

No way to finish it on your own. You will have to trade, because the missions that give you the items you need for "My Mission" will never show up.

However, on occasion, I have seen games that give you all three of the simple reserve missions, so that you will get the Gold Vessel, the Eldagusto, and the Vermillion. And in such games you will never get "My Mission". I have no idea what causes this, although I know that one of the games I have seen it in had used a GameShark "Have all items/equipment" cheat, and it might be related to that. Whatever causes this phenomenon, I felt I should mention it for the sake of completion.

Ifrit's_Daddy
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
So is it random which of the three items you get?

tailz
07-07-2006, 06:26 PM
It depends on the mission wich is random. So yeah its random

ScottNUMBERS
07-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Reserve missions are missions that don't count towards the number of missions you complete, so there are 300 missions plus reserve missions.

Skyblade
07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Reserve missions are missions that don't count towards the number of missions you complete, so there are 300 missions plus reserve missions.

Actually, that is not really true. There are plenty of missions that aren't reserve missions that don't count toward the 300 Mission mark. The missions where you get Ritz, Babus, Ezel, and Shara do not count as part of the 300, but they are not Reserve missions. The entire Judgewatch quest line isn't part of the 300, and they aren't reserve missions. Most of the Clan League battles aren't part of the 300 either. I think Reserve Mission indicates that it is a mission relating to trading, since My Mission requires trading to complete, and the other ones give you items to trade so that others can complete My Mission.

Ifrit's_Daddy
07-17-2006, 06:26 PM
So how do you unlock the Judgewatch questline? sorry, i've reached that point where im just waiting for new missions to eventually come around

tailz
07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
you unlock them by doing all 300 mission (there are more but who gives a damm the 300 wich you can look up in the mission list/report <-forgot wich it was)

Fireblade13
07-17-2006, 10:55 PM
And so the point of the reserve mission is...?

Skyblade
07-18-2006, 03:56 AM
And so the point of the reserve mission is...?

To say, "I completed it. Yay for me." Something like that. It also clears that annoying mission from your Pub quest log, and you do get a reward from it, though not anything unique.

ValkyrieWing
07-29-2006, 04:29 AM
That kind of ticks me off, since I'm the only one with the game, and thus cannot complete those missions. There's a bunch of other linking missions too. Makes me mad, even if it dosen't count toward the 300.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 04:08 AM
I am a jerk in these cases, since I just went out and made one of my friends buy the game. I wanted someone else to own this totally awesome game, and if you have no friends who will play it (or heaven forbid, if you have no friends at all like I did for a LONG time), then go out and buy a second copy of the game. It will solve all your problems:D

Skyblade
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I am a jerk in these cases, since I just went out and made one of my friends buy the game. I wanted someone else to own this totally awesome game, and if you have no friends who will play it (or heaven forbid, if you have no friends at all like I did for a LONG time), then go out and buy a second copy of the game. It will solve all your problems:D

That's what I did.

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
that explains a little more about how you know everything this game involves and whatnot.

ScottNUMBERS
08-17-2006, 12:49 AM

Actually, that is not really true. There are plenty of missions that aren't reserve missions that don't count toward the 300 Mission mark. The missions where you get Ritz, Babus, Ezel, and Shara do not count as part of the 300, but they are not Reserve missions. The entire Judgewatch quest line isn't part of the 300, and they aren't reserve missions. Most of the Clan League battles aren't part of the 300 either. I think Reserve Mission indicates that it is a mission relating to trading, since My Mission requires trading to complete, and the other ones give you items to trade so that others can complete My Mission.
Tell me what part of what I said isn't true. I could've added that there are other missions that also don't count towards the 300 mission count but this thread is about Reserve missions so I did not feel it was entirely necessary.

Western Paladin
08-17-2006, 02:02 AM
so? feel free to flaunt your knowledge. We all do.

Fireblade13
09-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Cool i found a reserve mission. Beat it and am unhappy as now i just have this cup. Wait it's not a cup it's a helmet!