PDA

View Full Version : AC One-Winged Angel question

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Okay, this has always made me confused. Why are the lyrics to the OWA in AC different than in the game? They didn't think using that one guy's lyrics was cool anymore? They felt more comfortable with it in Japanese? I've never figured this out.

LunarWeaver
07-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Hmm, maybe they just wanted Advent Children to have a version all its own. I dunno, really... They should have remixed it into trance techno that would have been better.

Griff
07-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Oddly enough, they did it so it would be discussed in internet forums.

TheBrent
07-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Oddly enough, they did it so it would be discussed in internet forums.

It's true XD

Twilight Edge
07-09-2006, 06:54 PM
isn't it still Latin(note:I'm NOT LATIN)?

I think it's still Latin but with lyrics change and a rock feeling(note the electric guitar playing in the background just before Sephy flew at Cloud) added to it,which makes it so damn cool to listen to when watching Cloud fight Sephiroth.

ritzdijuto
07-11-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah, and it was remixed to fit Sephiroth's last line. :P Yes, it's latin. I heard a "veni" in there somewhere. I remember mindlessly chanting the line with that word in it.

Rase
07-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Here (http://www.ff7acmovie.com/soundtrack/advent_one-winged_angel.html) are the lyrics, in Latin and English, for the one from Advent Children. Here (http://chaos2.org/ff/soundtracks/ly-owa.shtml) is the same for the original. As ritzdijuto said, the lyrics seem to have been changed to fit with Sephiroth's "I will... never be a memory" line.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 01:30 PM
The lyrics are in Latin, and they've been changed to fit more to the AC's story. There's a few new parts, such as the choir part when Sephiroth makes the top of Shinra Tower fall on Cloud while some parts stay quite close to the original. For example, "Veni veni venias" ("Come, come, oh come") is now "Mi fili, veni, veni veni, mi fili" ("My son, come, come, come, my son"), which is still quite similar to the original lyrics.

Big D
07-12-2006, 05:06 AM
It's neat that they re-did the orchestration and lyrics, I think. Also, I reckon it's slightly more meaningful since it's got original lyrics, not just excerpts from Orff's Carmina Burana no. 1.