Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows jacket released.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows jacket released.

Warning, this link leads to the jacket of the final Harry Potter book and may contain spoilers if you have not read Half-Blood Prince.

Click here

It does not reveal anything that we did not know from the last book but the cover is interesting. We can assume that it is Harry, Ron and Hermione on the cover. It seems that they are in some sort of treasury or something. Also it appears that Ron is wielding Griffendor's sword. To the far right, the stag I assume is Harry's Patronus, while to the far left the entangled serpent in the orb is mysterious. It is perhaps part of Slytherin's necklace that Voldermort's mother sold? Also it looks like the gang is running/jumping/leaping away from something and they had already suffered some wounds.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Could that file/picture be any more huge? >_<

FFXIV Character

Sorry, it is direct link to the Bloomsbury site. I was trying to upload it to photobucket but got too impatient to wait for it. :/ At least this way the writing is more than legible.

Blog Entries

I'm starting to think there wont be any Shinigami at all
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

First, try and look closer, it is not Ron who's holding the sword, it is the house elf, winky? can't spell his name.
    And also, it is as I think these jewels and gold that is hurting them and they are trying to escape it.
    It's a cool cover, but not showing much.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

FFXIV Character

I did not notice, you are right though it is an house elf, who is hiding behind Harry. Most likely Dobby, I doubt Kreacher would ever get that close to Harry and for Winky, she is somewhat of an alcoholic.

Oh, I meant Dobby, sorry, been long since I read the books. But, it might be Kreacher, even if he wont get so close to Harry we don't know what will happen in the 7th book yet.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

That cover looks like the american version, since the english version is usually drawn better.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Albel View Post
    That cover looks like the american version, since the english version is usually drawn better.
    I got it straight from Bloomsbury's site, so it must be the UK cover.

REALLY well a ugly book like that isnt worthy of being on my book shelf, im sooo getting the adult version now.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the American cover, the UK cover is Harry in what appears to be a coliseum, holding his hand above his head.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the American cover, the UK cover is Harry in what appears to be a coliseum, holding his hand above his head.
    I am pretty sure it is the UK cover, since if you look closely you will see the price in pounds on the jacket. There is also the fact that when it is listed in the Bloomsbury's bookshop all the Children covers are the UK ones also, none of the American ones are present. Plus if you look on Amazon.com it has that coliseum cover, but it also lists the other books in the series by their American cover, thus indicating that the coliseum cover is most likely the American version.

Isn't it kind of obvious it's not the US cover? I mean, for one there's no fancy text, and also that is most certainly not GrandPre artwork.

The UK cover looks pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Couldn't they find a better scene to portray than that?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That is the UK Children's cover. The American cover is the one with Harry in the coliseum thing. :P I know this, because ALL my other Harry Potter books have the same style. ;D And in all honesty, if I could just NOT buy this book, I'd be happy. I mean... wtf is it? xD I'm not buying the UK Adult cover, because I'd be ruining the trend! =[ I can't just by 6 kid's covers then buy an adult cover. xD

and WOAH WTF. £18?!?

I think most places you can pay around a tenner if you preorder it. £18 does seem quite a lot...

I think this is the first time I've preferred the American cover to the UK one, but I guess "Don't judge a book by its cover" would be an appropriate phrase here...