Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_White_Wizard_of_Fynn View Post
    I'm going to see it. OotP was one of my least favourite parts (HBP owns ALL!) but it's still great. Also, I don't think that cutting bits out of the book take away from the movie. A movie is good when it tries to catch the overall spirit of the book, not trying to be the book. Also, the movies tend to get better and better. The first two parts were... Let's be honest - they were abysmal. Movie number 4 was OK - nicely done. But for me, the best one up until now is the Prisoner of Azkaban - beautiful! Ironically, it catches the spirit of the book the best, even though it had the most bits cut out from it.
    Really because I thought that Goblet of Fire had the most cut out especially things crucial to the plot like all of this

There were many things on Goblet of Fire that took away from the plot first being the appearance of Crouch in the very beggginning at the world Cup you indeed saw his face from the begginning and from the book it was totally supposed to be a surprise. Also Mr. Crouch and Ludo Bagman weren't present in the movie either Ludo Bagman didn't really add much to the story, but Mr. Crouch and Winky really were a part of the plot as Mr. Crouch was hiding his son in his house for over ten years using the illegal imperious curse and he took him out Quidditch World Cup for his really only free time. Mr. Crouch's appearance and dissapearance was also vital to alot of speculation with the forthcoming of the downfall of the ministry, he was missing along with the woman Voldemort kiled and Percy was the only one who was supposedly in contact with him and stated that we was ill. They also left the part out where Harry and Victor were chatting by the forest where they found Crouch. Also taken from the plot was the aftermath of the Triwizard tournament where Fudge, minerva, Albus, the Weasleys, Hermnoine, and Harry were present in the hospital wing talking about the dementor giving the kiss to Crouch's son and Fudge not believing Harry and Dumbledore claiming Voldemort's return. Also Harry giving his winnings to Fred and George which leads to some story of Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince. So Yes there was plenty missing.

I think maybe I can't quite remember, but was the seen cut out where Sirius, met the trio at the cave where Sirius was contemplating about what's going on at the ministry and Crouch's dissapearance along with Bertha Jorkins.

Yellow Winged Angel

Doesn't that tonks actress look odd I mean she looks more menacing than to be a good guy or girl I mean

Edit: Oops double Posted.

Yellow Winged Angel

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

I never did liked Harry Potter. I'm gonna watch Rush Hour 3...
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's hard to say how much important stuff the movie is missing if you have read the books already. A lot of little things that may seem important could easily be glossed over in the movie without affecting the main plot much. If a person who never read the book can follow the plot of the movie pretty well then I think that's a good enough job.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It was my favorite book and I'm looking for a good letdown, so I'll go see it.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    It's hard to say how much important stuff the movie is missing if you have read the books already. A lot of little things that may seem important could easily be glossed over in the movie without affecting the main plot much. If a person who never read the book can follow the plot of the movie pretty well then I think that's a good enough job.
    Then again, there's also the things that seemed unimportant when reading that turn out to be important in the end. Such things would be skipped over in the movie because of this.

For example, it's entirely possible that the locket that Harry and company found at the House of Black is one of the horcruxes. When originally reading that bit in Order of the Phoenix, it seemed like an insignificant detail, although it's likely to turn out to be fairly important. I suppose little things like that all depend on how much the directors and screenplay writers are in contact with J. K. Rowling and if she tells them, "Put this in; it's important."

I'll go see it. I didn't really like the last movie. Although it's unfair to truly judge at this point, I don't think the trailers seem to indicate that Umbridge is going to be treated in the same manner as she was in the books. She seems more strict than cruel. And she doesn't look nearly enough like a toad.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

The film certainly looks promising, and more-so for the cast. Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix is a suberb choice, as well as Evanna Lynch as Luna.

Saying that, this was my favourite book in the series, and i'd hate to see a let down.

Str8 Pimpin'

I agree that this is my favorite book in the series and I was really upset to know that a lot of the sub-plots in the book were cut (like Ron and his Quidditch thing which means no "Weasley is Our King" song )

But the trailers seem promising so I am gonna see it

Sig was made XandrewX, of course

Chocobo Lovers Club!!
    Proud Member ...all hail Goldenboko!
    Would you like to play? Paste this into your sig with a link to your favorite Playin' and Support the Playin' threads.

At first I thought OOTP was going to be terrible like Gof, but after seeing the new trailer, it has easily become my most anticipated movie this year. July can't come soon enough!!

I heard that it's being directed by a new director true?

Yellow Winged Angel

Well, from what i heard, they cut out the house-elf-peta organization and some other stuff. I hope they don't cut out the twins' acts against Umbridge that'll keep me crackin up. AND THEY BETTER NOT HAVE SCREWED UP THE ENDING. But overall this movie will probably be not that bad. Now that the books are longer they'll cut out more stuff. I mean if they didn't, it'd be like a 4-5 hour movie and i don't have that long of an attention span XD.

The chocobo network is undergoing some technical dificulties.

yes it's a new director. del murder said it best. don't worry the scriptwriters will always disappoint the fanboys, but for casual fans like me, they've done a superb job with the films so far and i know this one won't disappoint.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Well, in Glasgow it's showing at the IMAX theatre, with 10 minutes or something of 3D action! xD I'll probably see it there. B)

Do you think Ron's involvement with the Quidditch team should be implemented in the movie/ I say it should, but it really doesn't need to be carried out as much in the book another thing that'll be okay to cut is Hermoine making clothes for the house elves trying to set them free. To the person who asked about Fred and George yeah they'll still bomb the hell out of her if you saw the newest trailer, you would've seen a glimpse of it.
    Last edited by Ashley Schovitz; 06-02-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Yellow Winged Angel

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was a fun part of the book, but it kind of detracts from the main storyline and I think it can be eliminated.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum