Thread: Ignorance is bliss....with a twist.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin Ignorance is bliss....with a twist.

I'm not ignorant. In fact one can argue that I'm focused upon all the wrong things (moral subjectivity, lack of objectivity for anything inductive, etc). But when it comes to my memory for things that happen during the day, let's just say the following is 100% accurate:

Quote Originally Posted by pg
    Are you kidding me? I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night!
    Seriously, I have no idea what I had for dinner last night. If I thought about it hard enough I might remember. Similarly, I don't remember what I did, bad things that happen that day, and consequently I always feel positive because my OUTLOOK in life, despite all of the aforementioned denial of objective happiness and meaning, is positive.

But all the same, I live in a perpetual state of emotional and spiritual neutrality. If something bad happens, it goes away after I go to bed or (as my friend says) when I get distracted and it passes.

So um....I guess should I be worried or does it not matter that I can't remember how I even started out the day or what I had for dinner last night? I *can* remember things, but they aren't consciously remembered. I sometimes worry when comparing myself to people who are more obsessive compulsive than I am (they appear to have their life together). I just drift from day-to-day with no definite path.

Also and finally, ignorance = bliss? yay or nay.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nay.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    yay or nay.
    Which one's yes?

I'll twist your ignoreanus.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Perhaps you need to look into eating more memorable amazing food. If you had Korean BBQ one night, I guarantee that you wouldn't forget it. Or maybe some perfectly cook surf and turf from Ruth's Chris. Or a massive seafood paella. Damn, you wouldn't forget eating paella. Yum.

Anyway, ignorance can be bliss in certain situations. Sometimes you just do not want to know.

I wish I were ignorantly blissful.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Korean meatballs are the dog's bollocks, I tell ye.

Ignorance is bliss, yes. But I mean full ignorance, not just being a jackass ignorance.

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Perhaps you need to look into eating more memorable amazing food. If you had Korean BBQ one night, I guarantee that you wouldn't forget it. Or maybe some perfectly cook surf and turf from Ruth's Chris. Or a massive seafood paella. Damn, you wouldn't forget eating paella. Yum.

Anyway, ignorance can be bliss in certain situations. Sometimes you just do not want to know.
    I'm getting fat just reading your sentences >:o

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    I wish I were ignorantly blissful.
    Aren't you already?

*laughs*(I didn't really mean that.)

All joking aside, have some poutine for supper next time PG. Now that's something you really won't forget. It's mostly a Canadian thing though, so you might not be able to get it wherever you live.

As for the rest of what you don't remember, as long as it's negative, be happy you forgot it. I've lived through some pretty terrible things in my time, and some of them I've forgotten, which I'm thankful for. The things I still remember, I find difficult to deal with sometimes. I've created a concious barrier between my now positive life and those times, but sometimes I still wish I could forget.

In a very real sense, you're lucky, my friend.

Okay Sweetie, I think what you have is a gift. If you don't focus on all the negative things that happen to you during a day, that's good. I mean, otherwise, you'd just be obsessing over them, over anaylizing EVERYTHING and just becoming a really awful person. I think it's cool that you have a positive outlook on life. That's great!

As far as remembering what you had for dinner the night before...eh? Who cares? The important thing is...YOU ATE!
    I can no longer hear the voices in my head...my kids are screaming too loud!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    pretty much. and yeah I don't always remember what I ate last night but I can remember a stupid conversation I had with a friend 5 weeks ago.

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTurk View Post
    As far as remembering what you had for dinner the night before...eh? Who cares? The important thing is...YOU ATE! :)
    If I don't remember, how do I know? How do I know??

PS: I love poutine.

PPS: I'm trying to remember what I had for dinner last night now ><