View Poll Results: Is this game really as bad as they think!

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • heck no! not on my life!

47 94.00%
  • you bet! This is a pathetic attempt at a final fantasy!

3 6.00%
  • uuuuhhmmmmmmm?i don't know!

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: why is this game so bad?!

Quote Originally Posted by Amin_Strife View Post
    Especially the song that you hear at the game's main menu just oozes atmosphere xD .
    OMG, the best song evar!

FFIX is best IMO. Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu both think that FFIX is best as well. And they founded Final Fantasy.

Ciddieless since 2004

I remember enjoying it when I played it, years and years ago.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

The (SPOILER)Trance Kuja battle definitely has one, if not the best, battle themes in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I guess another reason why I don't think it's a very good representation of a Final Fantasy game is it's story. I just don't think it's epic enough as the others. I really didn't feel anything when I first beat the game.
    You aren't the first person to say that, but i still don't understand how some people can think like this.

(SPOILER)You fight against an evil empire that want to conquer the world, many cities are destroyed, you begin to discover about an old civilisation that is conected with everything that is happening(the Terrans), you go to another planet(Terra), the planet is destroyed, and in the end of the game you have to stop the bad guy from destroying all existence.

How you(and other people) can think this is not epic enough? Hell, just look at the line (SPOILER)"stop the bad guy from destroying all existence".

I understand the reasons for people hating this game. Many of them are stupid reasons, but i understand them. But when someone say what you said, the only question that appear in my mind is "Did this guy/girl even play the game?"

Can you please, elaborate why you think it isn't "epic enough"? I'm really curious.

PS: Sorry if i was a little harsh, it wasn't my inttention. And maybe you thought that when i said "Many of them are stupid reasons" i was talking about your reasons. But i wasn't. I'm just curious to know why you think like that.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 07-15-2007 at 09:03 PM.

FF9 is very funny while it lasts.But then...The sidequests aren´t very funny.
    The main storyline is the worst of the ones I played (chrono series,FF7 &8).As someone pointed it only develops enough at the third disk.
    In fact it is the comedy relief and the little side stories that deserve the fun.
    I also felt,the designers throwed many different concepts into a mixing soup.To me,the story was left divided in many different stories.
    For example:
    1-Eidolons and Dagger/Eiko backstory
    2-Terra-Gaia assimilation thingy.
    3-Badass who wanna to return the universe to zero point.
    What is the relation between 1,2 and 3?Never explained.
    The best we know is that Necron was trying to test Garland´s view of life.
    In general the storyline sounded vain and without content.
    And...pu..lease...
    FF7 ´s graphics are much better than 9´s.
    Just consider the lightning effects.FF7 is brighter and more colorful.
    The battle is slow but funny.I also loved the class system.
    FF7´s gameplay is way much better than FF9´s.
    Characters are likable and have personality.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

final fantasy IX was my favorite out of ALL final fantasy games, but a lot of people thinks its bad because the battle system was lacking a lot. i kind of agree, the battle system was pretty slow. but the storyline, characters and the music made up for it. plus, all those mini sidequests were really interesting, like finding out garnet's real name.

most of them dont like it because the characters looks kind of kiddy which is a stupid reason. they rather have the emo, badass characters.

The main storyline is the worst of the ones I played (chrono series,FF7 &8).As someone pointed it only develops enough at the third disk.
    In fact it is the comedy relief and the little side stories that deserve the fun.
    I also felt,the designers throwed many different concepts into a mixing soup.To me,the story was left divided in many different stories.
    For example:
    And...pu..lease...
    kuja wanted to use dagger's eidolon's to cause a chaos within gaia as a part of the plan for the terra-gaia assimilation thing.

eiko's backstory wasnt supposed to be a big part in the main story. it was just to support dagger's story. i mean, theres no connection between vincent's backstory and sephiroth's plan to destroy the world. hell, tifa's story didnt even have anything to do with the main plot. its almost like she was just throwin in the game merely for the love triangle.

ff7 graphics obviously werent better than 9. i know that the graphics were good for their time, but thats all it was...good for their time, not better than ff9's.

the characters in ff9 were a lot better than ff7 (its an opinion of course). ff7 just focused on cloud, tifa and aeris. honestly, i've never seen cloud have any important conversations with red XIII or vincent or yuffie. i mean, in ff9, each character had their own problems and story and it showed how they changed throughout their travels with zidane. a character like amarant who was cocky, arrogant, and believed that working alone beats working as a team. traveling with zidane made him realize what made zidane so strong. his attitude didnt change, but his views on the importance of teamwork did. he was still that hardcore serious guy. a character like steiner, who was so loyal to the wrong person realized that being loyal wasnt his duty, his duty was to protect the princess as a knight. yet, he was still loyal, but to a different person. eiko, who was hyperactive and energetic yet alone and sad found friendship and happiness. traveling with zidane didnt change their characters, it fixed their flaws. than in the end, when zidane was the one with flaws (the whole "your not alone" scene), the team helped zidane just like zidane helped each and every member on his team.

now that is character development.

People who think this game's design is stupid have obviously never heard of Kingdom Hearts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandman View Post
    For example:
    And...pu..lease...
    kuja wanted to use dagger's eidolon's to cause a chaos within gaia as a part of the plan for the terra-gaia assimilation thing.

eiko's backstory wasnt supposed to be a big part in the main story. it was just to support dagger's story. i mean, theres no connection between vincent's backstory and sephiroth's plan to destroy the world. hell, tifa's story didnt even have anything to do with the main plot. its almost like she was just throwin in the game merely for the love triangle.

ff7 graphics obviously werent better than 9. i know that the graphics were good for their time, but thats all it was...good for their time, not better than ff9's.

the characters in ff9 were a lot better than ff7 (its an opinion of course). ff7 just focused on cloud, tifa and aeris. honestly, i've never seen cloud have any important conversations with red XIII or vincent or yuffie. i mean, in ff9, each character had their own problems and story and it showed how they changed throughout their travels with zidane. a character like amarant who was cocky, arrogant, and believed that working alone beats working as a team. traveling with zidane made him realize what made zidane so strong. his attitude didnt change, but his views on the importance of teamwork did. he was still that hardcore serious guy. a character like steiner, who was so loyal to the wrong person realized that being loyal wasnt his duty, his duty was to protect the princess as a knight. yet, he was still loyal, but to a different person. eiko, who was hyperactive and energetic yet alone and sad found friendship and happiness. traveling with zidane didnt change their characters, it fixed their flaws. than in the end, when zidane was the one with flaws (the whole "your not alone" scene), the team helped zidane just like zidane helped each and every member on his team.

now that is character development.
    VII might be my favorite game, but I gotta agree here that this is one of the aspects that really puts IX above much of the rest of the series. Although VII was a step forward for character interaction and development, playing it this time I only realized how much further IX took it.

Final Fantasy IX is a brilliant game. 'nuff said. Most Final Fantasy old-schoolers agree with this, but as far as I know it's mostly the newer Final Fantasy gamers that don't have that much love for it. The reason is that it goes against the sci-fi atmosphere and setting that Final Fantasy VI, VII and VIII (and also Final Fantasy X I guess) had. Most newer Final Fantasy gamers either started playing Final Fantasy when Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X came out, and so they're not familiar with the original so-called "fantasy" setting the first games had.

At least that's my theory, even though I am a big fan of the game and didn't start playing Final Fantasy until Final Fantasy VII was released.

By the way, Hironobu Sakaguci has also stated that Final Fantasy IX is his all-time favourite of the series.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    The biggest problem is the lack of innovative battle system. As far as fighting goes, there really is nothing new it offers that stands out, and the battle speed is too slow.
    That's one of the main reasons I don't enjoy this game.

And to quote a famous man

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    People dislike FF IX because they are horrible Idiots.
    No, people dislike FFIX because they have certain standards when it comes to gameplay. Also, the story was presented in a sorta boring way.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Well I like some parts of the game are cool but I really don't like the other parts of the game.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You need to start playing the game from Disc 4 then it gets good.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mist Continent arc is the best arc, fight me.