Thread: Juno

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked it. It was funny and cute. Jason Bateman's character was creepy, though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vikeve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 41-Inches-Wide View Post
    I read about this in wikipedia and there was a bit about that thing where this movie was actually compared to the Korean movie Jenny, Juno. Well, the thing about a teenage girl being pregnant maybe close but the whole story isn't at all. I've watched Jenny,Juno and it has nothing in common with Juno well except of course this pregnant girl, and cute teenage couples staying together in the end.
    Boy gets girl, boy looses girl, boy gets girl that's kind of a recurring theme in a lot of movies in case you haven't noticed.
    \

Well technically Juno didn't lose Jenny at any time during the film, even near the end because all throughout her pregnancy he was so determined to be a good father and be with Jenny like 24/7 like Tolerating her mood swings, giving in to what she wants etc. Unlike Michael Cera's character who dated and left Juno alone.

Omg I just remembered the sweetest thing I've ever seen in cinema! I remember Jenny being sad and filled with envy that her classmates were eating- pizza, I think- something she couldn't afford and they wouldn't give her some. Juno watched her without her knowing and was furious at himself for not giving Jenny everything that she needed. She found herself dragged at the nearest restaurant and Juno poured out all his savings just to get her pizza, telling her that it isnt safe if she tries to curb her cravings by not eating, that it's not good for the baby and some such romantic, silly, wonderful, sweet nonsense. *sigh*

Since Juno is typical American dry, or deadpan humor, I don't think the romantic part between Michael and Ellen's character is at the same level that of the Korean flick. JUNO needs more romance, Y/N ?

Happy Birthday to Me

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really liked it!

The movie was very... real. I don't know how else to describe it. The dialogue obviously was far more witty and clever and funny than how people talk in real life, but I thought everyone in the film did a great job of taking the quirky elements and making it seem absolutely grounded and true.

Ellen Page and Jennifer Garner did an especially great job. But everyone was great. Jason Bateman's character WAS pretty creepy though. I couldn't even watch the prom dance part cause it was making me feel so awkward. Vanessa's desperation for a baby was so convincing and almost heartbreaking that I think my ovaries started twitching.

Juno wasn't typical American "deadpan" humor, it was actually quite pretentious and relied on age-inappropriate wit from the teenage characters who shouldn't be educated enough to craft that type of paronomasia. I don't agree with adding more "romance," since it's a film about a pregnant teen, not a mature couple, since teens aren't really capable of romance anyway. Michael Cera did a great job and was the funniest part about the film, but Juno herself, unfortunately, suffered as a character due to dialogue that tried too hard to be witty.

Also, the soundtrack was far too indie/cutesy/saccharine; it was clear they tried a bit too hard to achieve cult-film status.

Banned

i loved this movie. the soundtrack was amazing, and i thought there were many memorable quotes. vanessa was creepy in the beginning but towards the end i really warmed up to her, but srs her husband was creepy too. ;_; i thought he was nice in the beginning but towards the end i realized what a jerk he was. (SPOILER)i figure that the first time they didn't get the baby, it was because of him.

but moar ellen page plz. and michael cera too!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just watched it for the second time. I love it in many different ways. *nod*

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched it last week. I thought it was cute, but the soundtrack annoyed me.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I watched it a few hours ago, I loved it. I loved all the little quirks, it was just so cute. I love sarcastic humour.

i really want to see it wen i can b bothed but im gona avoid the cinema tomorow being valentines day n all.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"She's been giving me the stink eye...."
    "That's not stink eye. That's...that's just her face."

Made me lol. Good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 41-Inches-Wide View Post
    Michael Cera's character who dated and left Juno alone.
    That was what I was talking about but now I'm just confused.

Chick flick thus I didn't like it

I enjoyed it very much. The ending was very touching and not quite what I was expecting.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I find it weird that something as antsy a topic as teenage pregnancy can somehow become a successful, heart-felt comedy. I will not be seeing it, doesn't appeal to me at all.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nothing appeals to you, Moxx.