View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

5 9.09%
  • Obama

40 72.73%
  • Edwards

3 5.45%
  • Other

7 12.73%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Which democrat are you or are you not supporting?

I'm leaning on Obama or Hilary but have been wanting Obama to win. I've seen a few campaigns of his and they r pretty good i'd have to go with him.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't really been following the Democratic race. I think the main reason for that is because i know that, while i might not consider myself a democrat, they more closely represent my views more frequently than republicans, and I feel that it would be less dangerous globally to have a non-republican, no matter the case. of course i'll do my research when the time comes, though.

I have, however, been following the Republican race and it is actually quite interesting. On the FOXNews debate last night, viewers voted that they felt Ron Paul won the debate, and I find that amazing. He seemed to be the only one up there getting considerable applause after every comment (save when Bret Hume acted like a douche to him). Although many of his ideas appeal to me, overall my views consider the libertarian approach to be inappropriate. Although i do agree that we should distance ourselves for Isael, as it is at least one of the top 3 reasons (and at most the #1 reason) why so much hatred in the Middle East is directed towards us.

I'm troubled at the fact that immigration is even a contentious issue right now. I honestly don't see any problem that it poses that couldn't be remedied by allocating the tremendous amounts of money we give to projects that will never yield anything to the military and NASA. Don't get me wrong, i believe in an overwhelming defense, but the statistics on money going over there for said projects is infuriating. There's enough of the pie to go around, and our diversity in America is directly corollated to our ability to adapt.

Who the smurf left the EoEO gate open? Now the srs bzns threads are getting out! >:(

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was thinking that I was going to vote for Clinton then I remembered that she made some legislation on video games a while back, so I won't now. I support Obama he just won SC didn't he?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I'm troubled at the fact that immigration is even a contentious issue right now. I honestly don't see any problem that it poses that couldn't be remedied by allocating the tremendous amounts of money we give to projects that will never yield anything to the military and NASA. Don't get me wrong, i believe in an overwhelming defense, but the statistics on money going over there for said projects is infuriating. There's enough of the pie to go around, and our diversity in America is directly corollated to our ability to adapt.
    Okay, the military thing is crazy, but NASA? NASA gets $17bil per year to get to the moon. There are private companies that spend more than that on marketing. NASA does not get 10% of the budget it needs, or deserves. As for never yielding results... yeah, no NASA, no computers. No military, no internet. No military, no microwave ovens. No NASA, no ready meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Who the smurf left the EoEO gate open? Now the srs bzns threads are getting out! >
    This has been in the works since they deleted EotW.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I was thinking that I was going to vote for Clinton then I remembered that she made some legislation on video games a while back, so I won't now. I support Obama he just won SC didn't he?
    He did, by an overwhelming margin.

There's a difference between supporting the war and supporting supporting the troops in what they feel to be correct as well.

My brother in laws in the military and he feels what he did there and the things we brought to them are something that he will feel proud of and support. I don't see Clinton blindly throwing people into war if the general military don't approve, Democrats are known for being pretty war-laid back and if she had veiws that war is the only way to secure our line of safety, well then she's more moderate than democrat and should have had her own stupid party.

I normally vote Democrat, but if it's Obama versus McCain (sp) I'll vote McCain, I'd rather have a man who's have vast military experience and long term government action over someone who seems to have integrity and inteligence.

McCain may be a rublican, but I don't see him throwing people into war either, due to the fact he's experienced war first hand (vietnam) and was a POW in the war as well. I guess I'd just assume he'd would know how to handle what the past 8 years have gotten us into better than anyone else.

Either way, I don't really find any of the democratic canidates to be something of worth to run the country.

Blog Entries

I'd walk through fire to keep Hilary Clinton out of office.

Edwards isn't all too impressive either.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess Obama. I'm not a democrat though.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would never vote for a Democrat, but of the major candidates, Obama would be the one least likely to implement universal health care. With Hillary we're pretty much screwed in that regard.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    ^That is a fair point. Although I always think there are far more opportunities to criticise Cameron whereas I agree with Obama on a lot of stuff. Also, Obama hasnt really made any proper mistakes so far, as far as I know.
    I think that's partly because (proportionately) more people are openly cynical about British politics than American politics in their respective countries. You'd never get a British politician talking in idealistic terms except on fairly rare occasions (Blair at the 1994 Labour conference, for instance), without people either point blank refusing to accept it or people taking the piss out of it.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Okay, the military thing is crazy, but NASA? NASA gets $17bil per year to get to the moon. There are private companies that spend more than that on marketing. NASA does not get 10% of the budget it needs, or deserves. As for never yielding results... yeah, no NASA, no computers. No military, no internet. No military, no microwave ovens. No NASA, no ready meals.
    I absolutely agree with you that much of NASA's projects have spun-off into many of the inventions that we take for granted today. However, some of its most dedicated enthusiasts will smilingly tell you that it wastes alot of money. Not everything it does is in vain, but I'm sure there's plenty of money that could use some re-allocating into more useful things.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I am still gonna vote for Kucinich even though he is out of the race now. I live in Illinois and Obama is my #2 but he is leading in IL something like 55% to 22% or something crazy like that. If it were a close race then I would reconsider but I since it is an overwhelming land slide so far based on the polls(which were taken before SC win), I think I can safely vote for Kucinich and not help Hillary out at the same time.

I should make a thread about the craziness of the republican primary.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Go on. Do it, ed.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    ...I think I can safely vote for Kucinich and not help Hillary out at the same time.
    You'd probably be splitting the vote between her, Edwards, and Kucinich, helping out Obama in the process, who appeals much more to independents and not-so-far-left leaning Democrats.

That being said, the next GOP primary is Florida, tomorrow. I'm expecting McCain here. Guiliani spent so much of his effort here, yet he's drowning in the polls. Florida isn't nearly as Evangelical as Huckabee needs it to be to survive here.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    ...I think I can safely vote for Kucinich and not help Hillary out at the same time.
    You'd probably be splitting the vote between her, Edwards, and Kucinich, helping out Obama in the process, who appeals much more to independents and not-so-far-left leaning Democrats.
    The thing is that I am more independent and not-so-far-left leaning so I think I am taking a vote away from Obama :P

I voted for a republican gov in the last election here...but then again our dem gov is such a douche that it was pretty much anyone but him XD That guy is going down in flames now. I am waiting for him to get a jail cell next to our last gov.