Thread: Kitchen utensils of doom

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Default Kitchen utensils of doom

I don't get hurt very often. I tend to keep out of danger, because I'm a filthy coward. Of those times I do get hurt, however, about 93.4% happen in the kitchen.

Today, I cut myself with a cheese slicer while, you know, slicing cheese. This time, however, wasn't as bad as the time when I actually cut off a piece of my thumb (i.e. not just skin) with the same utensil. I did not know my thumb had so much blood in it!

Ill. 1: How my thumb looked for three months

Yesterday, I cut my other thumb while cooking pork chops. A month or two ago, I managed to lift a saucepan in a way that it burned my arm. I still have the mark from that. A while before that, I burned my right thumb and index finger heavily while trying to lift something which should not have been lifted. I got one big blister on each finger and could hardly use them for half a month. And the list goes on.

Do you get hurt often? Are there any special areas or items that tend to hurt you more often than others?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I regularly burn myself while putting stuff in the heated oven or pulling it out. Once I burnt my right hand in a way that made it look like it had been grilled D: and I wondered for a while if the scar would go away!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I rule in the kitchen.

I don't think I've got any serious injuries. A quick slash from a knife whilst cutting something is most likely.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am a very clumsy person, so I'm always hurting myself in one way or another. I bump into objects constantly. I always have bruises! However, I rarely injure myself in the kitchen; I used to. I've got a little scar on both of my arms from where once of burnt both of my arms on the oven. Ouchies.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

I hate cutting things. The blade, somehow, magically cuts my thumb (I don't know how, all I remember is a hot, tingling sensation on my skin). At one time I accidentally peeled my finger (I forgot which). Nothing major just the skin. My mom, however, got burnt by very hot cooking oil on her arm. It turned balloony for a few days. Now she has the scars to remind her.

P.S. She is an excellent cook.

Banned

I get a lot of bruises on my legs. Gosh knows from what, but it's tough cookies for my legs. Always black 'n' blue. ;p

I think the worst accident in the kitchen I ever had was when my idiotic dad stacked a bunch of plates, mugs and bowls in the top cupboard - very unevenly.

So, when I went to open the cupboard...the entire lot came crashing down on top of, and around me. Had cuts and bruises from it.

I also cut my hand on a knife.

I always get paper cuts at work. It sucks because it doesn't bother me until later.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Blog Entries

I suck at peeling stuff so i usually just eat stuff unpealed
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The last bad kitchen injury I had was when I was cooking pancakes and the spatula handle melted next to the flame and I didn't see, So I ended up burning myself with the melted plastic handle. I cried.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I poured really, really hot water on my foot. That's the last time I try to cook Oodles of Noodles.

the middle knuckle on three fingers is kinda sunburn color after dipping my hand in the deep fryer i usually get my self while peeling/cutting potatoes

had a really close call while bring in hot soup ( we had just moped the floors i almost went flat on my ass while holding a crockpot worth of soup)
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Idun and Sephiroth fan Little Al's Avatar

One of my injuries is marked on my right thumb joint, another on my left index finger. Both of them are cuts. (the cut on my right thumb involved a knife, and a slip-up while trying to open a bottle of barbeque sauce.) I also burned myself a couple of times as well. (Can't remember how those happened however)

Credit: To Krad-Eelav of deviantART for this sig!!!