Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart Wii Update

She's right, I own her at it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Practising manual drifting is important because with the right kart you can get a big lead which is usually unaffected by blue shells. (pesky buggers!)

My nephew borrowed it from me but I wanna play you guys at some point. He was all up in my grill like "I'll give it back later" and that was 3 days ago

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I have this now, and I adore it. I even have SSBB (pre-ordered) sitting on a shelf as I'm more interested in Mario Kart. I played online for the first time today, and it was really sweet, there's something I'm missing on Rainbow road, though, some kind of trick

Oh well! My friend code is 3609-1410-5943, I'd like to play with some of you guys sometime! ^_^

ps. I've played every single Mario Kart game, I can play pretty damn well!

pps. I've added Craig, Mike and Shauna. Add me back please~
    Last edited by Zeldy; 04-26-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Added you back, Amy dear~

I added you Amy. :]

We should all play sometime!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Play now! haha

Oh and do you have Guitar Hero 3 for the wii, Amy? It has online features and it kicks ass.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Oh and do you have Guitar Hero 3 for the wii, Amy? It has online features and it kicks ass.
    Nope, the 360

Damn, screw what my friend said. I am still getting it -- my whole family is interested in it too, which amounts to some awesome times.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

This game kicks major ass.

Long windedness ahead.

Got it, and must say I'm pleased with some things and disappointed with others. Battle Mode is a big disappointment to me, due to it's lack of options (only two modes, only teams, always three minute matches, and based on score alone? Ugh.) I very much wish that there was a standard deathmatch mode and an option for less than 6 people per team. I also personally miss the character specific items from Double Dash!!, though at least some are still here. Also, with the characters, come on Nintendo. [spoilers]Baby Peach/Daisy? Dry Bowser? Funky Kong? Bottom of the barrel much? At least Rosalina gets some screen time.[/spoilers]
    The motorbikes are fun to play, though obviously take a little getting used to. Doing tricks is easy enough, and wheelies are fairly useful and strategic (speed boost at the cost of sluggish controlling and getting knocked around easily). Drifting is much tighter on them, and the get thrown around a lot more. I must say that of all the control options I love the Wiimote and Nunchuk combo, though the Wii Wheel is certainly a fun, if demanding change of pace. As always the items cause a lot of chaos and frustration on the receiving end, and there are still those "great" moments of blue shell-red shell-lighting bolt- slid of the course that send you from 1st to 12th, but whatareyagonnado? Nintendo wants to even the playing field obviously, and while it can feel a little too much like luck, it's still fun. The new courses have so far been a delight to me, and the retro ones are great nostalgia trips to take. Online is a breeze and fun also, and quite lag free from my races. Overall definitely worth the purchase, but I won't be putting Double Dash!! away just yet.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I picked it up today + a wheel, and it's pretty fun. I like all the different control options you have (wheel, wiimote, wiimote+nunchuk, GCN controller). It's weird being in first on the final stretch and suddenly being in 12th, but that adds a kicker, that you can be 12th and with one Bullet Bob end up 3rd.

I only did multiplayer, I'll work on single player (and unlocking guys) tomorrow.

Yoshi has always been my guy, in every Mario Kart (of course, this is also the first Mario Kart I've played since the original...). In about three weeks, I'll be able to play it online. I will be MORE than happy to test myself.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 04-28-2008 at 04:36 AM.

The new Rainbow Road track is freaking Brutal.

Of course maybe it's just me, but that track massacres me.

Though I did almost beat a Japanese guy earlier. ^_^

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I saw a review of this on Top game.

Poor Lighter characters :[..