Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quote and moment

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Favorite Quote and moment

I love this astounding game and it has some great quotes and moments, but which ones are your favorite. The particular quote that i like is what Beatrix says the second time you fight her in Cleyra. Quina says a lot of funny stuff too. The best moment in the game to me is either the ending or the part when you're in London and hear Garnmet singing from the balcony. it is was quite touching.

First to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Quina
    I...so happy.
    YES.

My favorite moment is when Beatrix knocks the tits out everyone and leaves them semi-conscious on the ground, followed by Kuja smiling down at them in the rain and then turning on his heel, flying away on his dragon to that wonderful FWOO-FWOO-CHA stomp music.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the Bahamut attacking Brahne cutscene, because it really shows the ferocity of Bahamut. The way the water splooshes (couldn't think of a more dramatic word) when Bahamut flies near really shows the speed at which he can go at. ZOOM ZOOM!

Quote wise: pretty much anything by Kuja or Necron is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I love this astounding game and it has some great quotes and moments, but which ones are your favorite. The particular quote that i like is what Beatrix says the second time you fight her in Cleyra. Quina says a lot of funny stuff too. The best moment in the game to me is either the ending or the part when you're in London and hear Garnmet singing from the balcony. it is was quite touching.
    lmao

There are too many amazing cutscenes and quotes. For cutscenes there's the escape from BWIII, Alexander vs Bahamut, Kuja vs Bahamut...

Too many amazing quotes.

EDIT: OMG, its Depression Moon from ff-xiii.net!

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

The Bahamut vs. Alexander scene was pretty intense. Kuja destroying Terra was pretty awesome too. But I like the Quina/Vivi marriage as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think my favourite cutscene has always been the one that you see en route to Memoria with all the silver dragons and airships. Aside from that, I've always liked the ones with the Eidolons. Alexander against Bahamut is pretty amazing as are the ones with Odin, Bahamut at the Iifa Tree and Atomos attacking Lindblum. In terms of the scenes in-game that aren't FMVs (and as such, have dialogue) pretty much the whole end of Disc Three is pretty great.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Best Moments in the game? The FMV where the Black Mages protect Vivi from Black Waltz 3 (and pay the price) is very moving, the bit where the rest of the party unite to bring Zidane back from his depression on learning his origins from Garland (accompanied by the music You Are Not Alone) is one of the 'woo-hoo!' moments, and the FMV as you enter Memoria is great for spectacle.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

the intro was great. I like the scene where Garland first comes out though. It's so unexpected the first time you play and it completely changes the story.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some of the scenes already mentioned, like the silver dragon swarm and the Eidolon duel, are among my favourites. There's also the fight between Kuja and Bahamut, and Atmos' attack on Lindblum. That last scene is particularly powerful for me, due to the sense of destruction and loss.

My favourite scene overall, though, is in Oeilvert, when the party listens to the chronicles of Terra's history. For that brief time, the full enormity of what they're fighting for - and against - is made clear. You can almost feel the enormity of what's going on, and it's great.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

My favorites would be the Eyeball O' Doom and the battle where a Bomb appears behind Steiner and he doesn't realize it. The latter was going to be in my sig.

There are really too many for me to choose from, but I'll list a few that come to mind.

As an avid Beatrix fan, I enjoyed each of her battles and her dialogue. She had attitude, and unlike most opponents who talk about how they're going to beat you, she actually suceeds...on three occassions.

The love letter scene was great too.

Oh, and I also found the Atomos attacking Lindblum scene very nicely done. I never expected Queen Brahne to attack that city.

"Oooh, soft..."

That is all.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

the whole game realy
    has got to be the best in the series

how about the part where zidane and vivi take a leak together?
    absolute gold lol

Fav moment in FFIX would have to be at the end where Steiner says "Let us protect the Queen together" to Beatrix and she runs over to him and the screen fades. I love that couple. *squee*

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    "Oooh, soft..."

That is all.
    Ahh, this is what happens when I come in late.

But yeah, that is what I was going to say.