Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your impression when you saw B:TAS back in 1992?

You said Batman was too much of a background character, but then you want them to show Catwoman have 7 years training in Tibet. They only have 126 minutes to accomplish a whole lot of things, and they need the villains to be threatening for the sake of interest. If she was a total wuss he could sneeze on and defeat, then she might as well not be in the movie period. It's a movie, not a series, and you have to give up development.

Also, I agree with what Ishin said When I did start watching the Animated Series after going all Batman squee, I was really surprised by a lot of the episodes. I remember a great deal of them even today because they made such an impression.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Wow, I never thought a Final Fantasy board would have such a dorky thread with nothing to do with Final Fantasy.
    Figaro Castle

If it has a cape, then I'm a dork about it.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

John_912, we do NOT personally attack other members on this site. Don't do it again.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread reminds me of people over-reacting due to someone's opinion being different to theirs, and their misinterpretation of a joke.

Dunno why.

When it comes to Batman, I know (and care) very little. I have seen them and stuff, but I'm no fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    This thread reminds me of people over-reacting due to someone's opinion being different to theirs, and their misinterpretation of a joke.

Dunno why.

When it comes to Batman, I know (and care) very little. I have seen them and stuff, but I'm no fan.
    I find it HIGHLY Ironic that someone named Harle-quinn is in this thread, and not a big batman fan. After all, the most popular Batman: TAS character (originally created by the writing team for that show that is) was Harley Quinn, the jokers lover and right hand woman, as well as comic relief and object of abuse.

But yah, I agree. Chill with the Batman flick debate, and lets get back on topic please? Or of your going to debate please keep it civil and at least, somewhat sane?

I can't be bothered checking the topic again, but I will say this... Batman The Animated Series and Gargoyles were the best animated series ever to grace TV.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    So what if Batman Returns was a "superhero movie?" If you're gonna make a live-action "superhero" film and you might as well make it as realistic as possible. Because what's the point of doing a live-action film with theatrical actors if you're gonna do a lot of silly unrealistic skullz?
    Uh... to make a fun summer blockbuster? Like every other super hero movie in the world? If they wanted it to be realistic, they might want to... not make a super hero movie to begin with. Why do you think live-action movies are supposed to be realistic and animated ones are supposed to be unrealistic? Who ever said that?

I hereby challenge Christian Bale to fisticuffs at dawn! Hoo hah!
    ty superhero movies like Ghost Rider, Batman, Fantastic Four and Batman Returns aren't fun unless you're a five year old looking for some over the top action films. Superhero films should be realistic to a certain degree and they should have a compelling storyline...sorta like Batman Begins.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 02-29-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Batman sucks. He doesn't even have superpowers. Spiderman is better.

Oh yeah. I went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post

Oh yeah. I went there.
    Seriously. Any trained guy could use those gadgets. Batman just made a hero business basically.

Give Jet Li all of Batman's gadgets and the word "crime" would vanish from the worlds dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    So what if Batman Returns was a "superhero movie?" If you're gonna make a live-action "superhero" film and you might as well make it as realistic as possible. Because what's the point of doing a live-action film with theatrical actors if you're gonna do a lot of silly unrealistic skullz?
    Uh... to make a fun summer blockbuster? Like every other super hero movie in the world? If they wanted it to be realistic, they might want to... not make a super hero movie to begin with. Why do you think live-action movies are supposed to be realistic and animated ones are supposed to be unrealistic? Who ever said that?

ty superhero movies like Ghost Rider, Batman, Fantastic Four and Batman Returns aren't fun unless you're a five year old looking for some an over the top action films. Superhero films should be realistic to a certain degree and they should have a compelling storyline...sorta like Batman Begins.
    Seeing as the movies are rated PG-13 I HIGHLY doubt they're aimed at five year olds. So just because you find them crappy and only quality for five year olds, many people from 14 and up find them good and quality for their personal age.

ty superhero movies like Ghost Rider, Batman, Fantastic Four and Batman Returns aren't fun unless you're a five year old looking for some an over the top action films. Superhero films should be realistic to a certain degree and they should have a compelling storyline...sorta like Batman Begins.
    The first two Batman movies were insanely awesome by most accounts. The first one, especially, was considered to be among the top super hero movies of all time. There's nothing ty about them. Well, outside of your mind, anyway.

If you want realism, get over your super hero fetish and go watch a documentary, because you'll never get realism from a super hero movie. Batman Begins is NOT realistic. At all.

The first two Batman movies were insanely awesome by most accounts. The first one, especially, was considered to be among the top super hero movies of all time. There's nothing ty about them. Well, outside of your mind, anyway.

If you want realism, get over your super hero fetish and go watch a documentary, because you'll never get realism from a super hero movie. Batman Begins is NOT realistic. At all.

Anything can be real! You just have to have enough imagination! Or... are delusional.

One day I'm going to be a superhero, and I'm going to have a show and it'll be the best ever. JUST YOU WATCH ROTO.

Either way, come on guys let's respect personal opinions! Clearly this argument will never end as long as there is fuel!

Oh yeah. I went there.
    Spider-Man sucks because there hasn't been a decent Spider-Man film yet Peter Parker is supposed to become more self-confident and somewhat of a smart-ass after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider. But Peter doesn't become more self-confident until the third movie and most of this is brought on by the symbiote....Sam Raimi was influenced by the Superman films too much. Spider-Man: The Animated Series sucks too because the animation in that show was absolutely horrible.

Bob Kane wanted Batman to be a normal guy who can be hurt because an ordinary guy with gadgets is more relatable than a practically indestructible demi-god who can lift Kryptonite mountains and push planets out of orbit.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 02-29-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Again, you're in the tiny minority.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post

Oh yeah. I went there.
    Seriously. Any trained guy could use those gadgets. Batman just made a hero business basically.
    And untrained. Look at inspector gadget.