Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most addicting game of all time

During the first play through definitely it would be xenogears. Xenogears has a story that is totally unmatched by anything else in the video game world.

Usually games that are not story-driven I tend to play off and on. Will play it for awhile than go practically a month or more without playing at all (so I tend not to get so addicted to those types of games to where I feel like I have to play every single day).

Devil May Cry easily. Not all the sequels of drastically varying quality, but the Hideki Kamiya original. Good god I loved that game. I beat that game once a day, every day for, like, three years. o.O Name any ridiculous thing you can possibly do in that game, and I could usually do it. I've never replayed a game so many times before or since. So obviously, it's one of my favourite games ever. I don't touch it anymore though, for obvious reasons. :P
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

I gotta throw out Hexic HD, I find myself playing that through the night when there's nothing else to do, and its quite addicting.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I got pretty addicted to Ragnarok Online several years ago, but I think that was as much for the people who played it as the game itself. I think my most recent addiction has been to Perfect Dark now that I've played it again. Fantastic game.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I find myself being addicted to Mario Superstar Baseball since its release back in 2005. It's just so much fun =)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I got pretty addicted to Ragnarok Online several years ago, but I think that was as much for the people who played it as the game itself.
    Yeah, but then when you realize you're endlessly grinding a class that will never be as good as the horribly broken classes (Assassin Cross, Lord Knight, anyone who goes out of their way to buy donation items, people who get free stuff from GMs, etc.) you notice how much time you're wasting playing legitimately.

Unless you're playing on a high-rate server. Then you hit max level in no time and it isn't even fun.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This was back before the classes such as Assassin Cross and Lord Knight were introduced so it wasn't quite so bad. It's not a terribly interesting game, I enjoyed the game mostly for the people on the server.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Civilization IV.
    Totally agree, the amount of times I've clicked the "Just one more turn" option. Me and Daniel though gets bored when we are doing well so we just start again. The begining is the best bit. ^__^ I've gotten a bit addcited to Halo 3 recently and other games I got addcited to would be Wolfenstein - Enemy Teritory and Crysis which = ! I also have an iScetch problem, but it's so good.

I'm surprised no one said Acrowars yet.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Easy...Diablo 2. I got it in 2001, still play it today. Granted, I hardly play it now..but, you know, 30-40 minutes here or there. Back in the day I'd spend all day and night on, so it gets my vote.

I know some people will probably say WoW, blah..WoW couldn't hold my interest anymore than watching paint dry.

HArvest moon.

How can I be the first one to say this in 3 pages?

You people fail.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    HArvest moon.

How can I be the first one to say this in 3 pages?

You people fail.
    Harvest Moon, a game I tried so hard to like because of everything good I heard about it over the years...but man, I just cant. It bores the hell out of me.

Harvest Moon is weird because it's really addicting at first, but then it gets really, really repetitive.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I generally find that any game I play, until I complete the game or give up, I get a certain addiction to. So, I don't really know any game that I would say is most addictive for me.