Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Just beat the game, so don't highlight my spoilers unless you have too!

(SPOILER)I spared Darko, but went after Dimitri. Apparently Roman dies instead of Kate if you deal with him instead. The difference between Darko and Dimitri was that Darko was nothing, just a stain. Dimitri, that smurfer was still going around hurting people without regrets, he just had to go. Last mission was smurfing cool with the motorbike jump onto the helicopter! Disappointed Packie wasn't with us though, I'd have thought he would have wanted revenge for his sister. Oh well.

As for the other kill choices, I iced Playboy. Mostly because Dan told me to, but eh, even if he hadn't I would've done so anyway, 'cause Niko seemed to like Dwayne. As for Francis vs Derrick, I went with killing Derrick. Francis was slime, but Derrick was going to rat him out. Snitches get stitches!

This game genuinely made me stop and think about my choices. It was incredibly powerful. I mean sure, the gameplay is world class, we all know that, but wow, the story was fantastic too, and I actually ended up caring about Niko and Roman.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

(SPOILER)I iced Playboy because he was a prick and I didn't want to kill someone who was going to become a friend to Niko because I was curious about what bonus he would give you, Francis because he annoyed the piss out of me and I also iced Darko just because I didn't like that he sold them out for $1000. Although I don't know what Niko is moaning about because he was wiping people out for less than that at the start of the game the big hypocrite! And then yeah I went for revenge as well. Was so happy when I found out Roman dies if you choose money because I love Roman and if he died I would have been mortified.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)smurf man... I chose the money. I killed Darko because he sickened me and after all that work I couldn't bear to walk away, but later Roman was... very convincing when it came to the Dimitry matter. When he said "Killing Darko didn't help, did it?" or something like that, I went with the money, not revenge.

Roman died. Roman smurfing died.

It's smurfed up. It's all smurfed up. I actually feel like in real life right now. =/ I don't even know if I consider that a good thing or not. I mean yeah it's got emotions out of me, but they're not enjoyable ones.

smurf. smurf! Why didn't I listen to that smurfing Irish WHORE and get her killed? I don't even smurfing like Kate!

Articles

Haha sucks to be you.

It's a lot of fun to do the co-op missions with three other people who aren't inbred retards! Also it's a lot of fun to make blockades in GTA Race. I came in last and still got more money than the guy who came in first.

Tell you one thing about the story that feels unfinished though. (SPOILER)Bulgarin. I was expecting to take him down as the final boss when the game didn't end after taking down Dimitri. Pegorino is a pretty ty final boss. Got nothin' on Catalina, Sonny and Tenpenny.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahaha, I'm so late in here.

I just got it today. Loving it so far. It's so fun and fast paced. The graphics and things like TV and dating at the bowling alley and crap is amazing, and I've only dipped my toes into this game, since it's all still kind of tutorial-ish.

The music is awesome. Fleetwood Mac at the bowling alley? Hell yes.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

I see you guys already ended the game as well huh? I really don't have anything to say but the fact that I personally think that was the best GTA I've ever played. Although, a lot of people I know suggest that it was nowhere near as good as San Andras or however the hell you spell it. Anyway, great game. If anyone waits to play me in an online match, my PSN name is TypoonThaReapa. Forgot the H lol. Just send me a friend request and met me in the game so I can put a cap in whoever's ass.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    (SPOILER)Bulgarin. I was expecting to take him down as the final boss when the game didn't end after taking down Dimitri. Pegorino is a pretty ty final boss. Got nothin' on Catalina, Sonny and Tenpenny.
    Haha sucks to be you. (SPOILER)Dimitri is a perfect final boss, but where the hell Bulgarin has gone isn't answered in that ending any more than the good ending.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I saw Sephex play this game this weekend and I played it some myself. The game is a lot smaller than every preview I had read made it out to be which makes me very happy.

I know the game is suppose to be more realistic but I wish the cars felt like the drove faster. I just wish more cars sped up faster like in GTA III. The taxi was a decently fast car in that game and ever game since has made me long for those taxis XD

Now that I have played it and have seen all the things I can do, it is a brand new era of torture for the citizenry XD

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Tell you one thing about the story that feels unfinished though. (SPOILER)Bulgarin. I was expecting to take him down as the final boss when the game didn't end after taking down Dimitri. Pegorino is a pretty :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty final boss. Got nothin' on Catalina, Sonny and Tenpenny.
    DLC imho. Sucks to be a PS3 owner :}

And yeah trolling people online is far too much fun for its own good.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I know the game is suppose to be more realistic but I wish the cars felt like the drove faster. I just wish more cars sped up faster like in GTA III.
    Top speeds are still very, very high, but I agree that it takes a long time to reach that point. When my friendn Barry got hold of an Infernus he tried to get it to top speed - and kept running out of road. I think I've seen the top speed of only three or four road vehicles.

Articles

Have you guys met Eddie Low, the Serial Killer mentioned in the Liberty Tree newspaper site thing? He also has a MyRoom page. That guy is brilliant. I love him.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first person I beat up was a tiny nurse in scrubs. I chased her for blocks and blocks and blocks to hear her scream at me, it was fantastic. xD

I'm about 75% through this game. It's beautiful alright but when it comes down to it, it's really just more of the same.

Def the best story in a GTA game so far.
    Buy Final Fantasy games, toys, potions, cosplay and more at SpendGil.com!
    Buy tons of Cosplay at CosplayLocator.com!
    -
    I like cupcakes

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    The first person I beat up was a tiny nurse in scrubs. I chased her for blocks and blocks and blocks to hear her scream at me, it was fantastic. xD
    That may be the best thing I have ever read Rye say. Especially when you take it out of context. :laugh:

Articles

I'm really getting into the online mode. I played a game of Team Mafiya Work with three teams of five, and it was a real blast. Also, disturbingly enough, I'm actually enjoying racing...properly. I'm at it, well, I'm okay as long as I avoid the huge collision that invariably occurs at the start, which I usually don't, but for some reason I'm really liking this. Funny, as the last racing game I owned was Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1.