Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who misses the old days?

Blog Entries

I really enjoy snes games but i dont exactly miss it because almost every snes game you could possibly want to play can be downloaded and played on an emulator. But thats not quite as true for ps1 games, and they're impossible to find in stores (i dont like buying stuff online, which leads me back to missing the 'old' days of shopping methods too)

And my mgs1 cant change between disc 1 and 2 on my ps2
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Thanks for making me feel ancient! I remember the good ol days being the Atari and Commodore 64, then came the NES, then came the SNES and Genesis, and then came the N64 and PSX. Look at all those generational gaps ;_;

Anyway NES and SNES for the win! Zelda, Metroid, Punch Out. Such timeless classics.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Thanks for making me feel ancient! I remember the good ol days being the Atari and Commodore 64, then came the NES, then came the SNES and Genesis, and then came the N64 and PSX. Look at all those generational gaps ;_;

Anyway NES and SNES for the win! Zelda, Metroid, Punch Out. Such timeless classics.
    Serious. And Commodore 64 was new technology

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    And my mgs1 cant change between disc 1 and 2 on my ps2
    Why cant it?...mine does it with no problem..eh oh well some of us just get lucky

But Im glad that some people understand what I was getting at with my first few posts...I thank you all for going farther than the text

I actually remember legend of mana...to bad we only rented it and I only got to play it like 5 mins worth....I got hooked then we had to take it back, and now I cant find it anywhere

I miss the Super NES era. Fortunately, I own one.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I never really gave my ps1 much respect, it used to sit in the corner of my room untouched, but obtaining huge quanities of dust. I have to be honest and say that I never actually wanted it, I'd always admired my brothers Nintendo 64 and had asked for one of my own at Christmas, but my parents didn't see the point in having two of them, so got me a Ps1. I was really disappointed xD I liked the Ps1 for (obviously) Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, so I completed them all once and never wanted to go back to them.

That was the first console of my own, but in my house, it was the megadrive. Oh my god, epic times were had with the megadrive, it's still probably one of my favourite ever consoles, and the graphics compared to the Xbox 360 were terrible (I saw my brother playing Assassin's Creed and; oh my god, it looked like it was the TV, I was really amazed xD Nintendo fails at the graphics compared to Microsoft, imho)

Nintendo 64 = . I have my brother's N64 in my room now, I don't know where the ps1 is, but I'm half way through Zelda OOT! all on my own! ^_^ I still prefer the old era, games are too complicated for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    That was the first console of my own, but in my house, it was the megadrive. Oh my god, epic times were had with the megadrive, it's still probably one of my favourite ever consoles, and the graphics compared to the Xbox 360 were terrible (I saw my brother playing Assassin's Creed and; oh my god, it looked like it was the TV, I was really amazed xD Nintendo fails at the graphics compared to Microsoft, imho)
    Ah yes, the good old Mega Drive. Certainly one of my favorite consoles too. I believe the graphics still have their own charm though, like the SNES's too. Well drawn 2D graphics age much better than 3D graphics like most of the PS1's games had, in my opinion.

At any rate, I get nostalgic over the PS1 on a fairly regular basis. Most recently for Klonoa. <3
    Damn straight...except its always.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hear what you're getting at, MM. It was a great time, so many great games and classics to look back on. Lotta new genres and sub-genres came about on that 95-2000 PS lineup. Plus you had game developers bringing their "true" vision to the screen finally, such as with Metal Gear Solid. Not to mention the best FF (any one of them). It's amazing also to compare the first games to come out on it, and look at how powerful they became towards the end of the life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I hardly ever see anyone mention Legend of Mana, and it was pretty awesome. Go play Legend of Mana, you guys.
    I mentioned it every time I could during nearly a year, but no-one heard me, like always.

So yeah, bring me my fricking SNES and my cocol.

NOW.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still have my PSOne. It's not worth getting rid of. So I can still play FF7 and FF9! Woo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Pong on oscillator display or gtfo.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

The old days for me were Wolfenstein 3-D on my PC 360 (although I only had a Wolfenstein demo and I hated to shoot the dogs).
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

PC 360? Don't you mean 386? I loved my 286 & 386. 186, too, although the games weren't as good (Exception: DigDug).

I would probably say my best gaming days were also the PS1 days. The original Resident Evil series, Final Fantasy VII & VIII, the masses of half-decent local multiplayer games... good times, good times. And the variety is only matched by the PS2. The Xbox 360 doesn't have the variety, nor the Xbox 360 nor the PS3. If there was one thing the PS1/2 had, it was something of everything. If you liked a genre, there's a good chance they had more than a couple of decent games in it. Loved that.

Final Fantasy VII's blocky characters will always be, to me, the best ever. I think the fact that Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones sell so well has a lot to do with how they have blocky characters, too. I find the most immersive games were the ones that didn't have realistic anatomies.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Yes, I mean 386. Sorry about that.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?