View Poll Results: What is your sexual orientation?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a heterosexual male.

62 52.54%
  • I'm a bisexual male.

12 10.17%
  • I'm a homosexual male.

7 5.93%
  • I'm a heterosexual female.

27 22.88%
  • I'm a bisexual female.

9 7.63%
  • I'm a homosexual female.

1 0.85%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sexuality.

Survival Is Ruthless The Real Dark Messenger's Avatar

Bisexual girl, but in a heterosexual relationship... the homosexual relationship is a long time ago.

Funny to see that so far there is no homosexual girls... only homosexual guys.

het male.

damn, i like bi females.
    warning: i am NOT funny.

BibliophileExtraordinaire Manny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I've noticed that these days it's seen as the cool new thing, to be bisexual. At school I've seen a burst of people - especially girls - who come out to be bisexual. Yes, people may be bi, but a group of female friends suddenly become bi at near enough the same time? xD It's crazy.

Heterosexual female here.
    I'm of the personal opinion that humans have bisexual tendencies by nature but society tells us that this is unacceptable. We're raised to think that it's wrong, so we ignore the tendencies. I think they all "discover" it around the same time because they all begin to realize that they're genitals are not going to rot and disinegrate.

Or, you know. They could just be trendy douchebags.

可愛い ♥

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    I'm of the personal opinion that humans have bisexual tendencies by nature but society tells us that this is unacceptable.
    I agree that some people have bisexual tendencies by nature but society tells us that this is unacceptable, but I don't agree that it applies to all humans. That would fly in the face of what homosexuals are declaring to be scientific evidence that some people are "born gay" while others are "born straight". It would also not explain homosexuality in general, as I understand homosexuals often have no attraction to the opposite gender at all.

Maybe it is that way for girls, though. Coincidentally, I read about this kind of thought process today in the Metro. They said that researchers have found that while heterosexual males generally are only aroused when presented with images of naked women or heterosexual sex, all heterosexual females were aroused from all kinds of images, including that of homosexual male sex and homosexual female sex.

This all fits in with my original theory that guys are more likely to go for one gender or the other while females are more likely to be bisexual. The results of the poll suggest the same - the percentage of males that state they are homosexual is far higher than the percentage of females that state they are homosexual, while the percentage of females that state they are bisexual is higher than that of their male counterparts.

Hi Manny!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Closet Bi-male. I went 'out' only here, in this forum and no one in my family nor my friends knows. (they might have a clue but maybe afraid to tell me)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    This all fits in with my original theory that guys are more likely to go for one gender or the other while females are more likely to be bisexual. The results of the poll suggest the same - the percentage of males that state they are homosexual is far higher than the percentage of females that state they are homosexual, while the percentage of females that state they are bisexual is higher than that of their male counterparts.
    Or maybe it's just because there are more male members than female on EoFF, and thus there are more homosexual guys than girls here. Either way, it doesn't really matter, just thought I'd point it out

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wasn't boing by percentages in the overall poll, but rather ther percentage of each gender that pick an option.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wasn't boing by percentages in the overall poll, but rather ther percentage of each gender that pick an option.
    Boing?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It isn't a sex-related thread unless there's some boinging involved.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

ho-ho-homosexual male here.

and partnered for 3 years !
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caraliz View Post
    dang. i have a total gay crush on agrias. i'm happy she isn't here otherwise bert would have to fight for my affection. ;D
    rly?>?
    cause i have a total gay crush for you too!!! OMG HOT SHMECKZ!kgo
    i want alice. it's not fair mmmhmm

To me, the definition would be "desiring to have sex with", as in "if you saw an attractive person of this gender, would you desire to have sex with them?" Relationships is a different level, to me. Some people don't prefer to have relationships with either gender, but are still more than happy to have sex with one or both genders.
    This definition renders me asexual.

Which brings me to an interesting (but relatively rare) phenomenon: asexuality in humans does exist. Some people are not stimulated by any "erotic images." Some people are not attracted to guys or girls at all. It happens. GIVE ME MY POLL OPTION.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am a heterosexual male. I know this 100% because I already have the big gay t-shirt, and wore it for several months before admitting that it really didn't fit.

I'm a heterosexual female with a heterosexual boyfriend....Although his online guy friends make me think otherwise...is that normal?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    To me, the definition would be "desiring to have sex with", as in "if you saw an attractive person of this gender, would you desire to have sex with them?" Relationships is a different level, to me. Some people don't prefer to have relationships with either gender, but are still more than happy to have sex with one or both genders.
    This definition renders me asexual.

Which brings me to an interesting (but relatively rare) phenomenon: asexuality in humans does exist. Some people are not stimulated by any "erotic images." Some people are not attracted to guys or girls at all. It happens. GIVE ME MY POLL OPTION.
    I was actually thinking about this as a 7th & 8th option however I didn't put it in due to the feeling that a lot of people would consider it the "funny option" because people here are silly. It turns out they used Homosexual Female as that instead, but yay for whoever "devoted" those people from the poll.

I think asexuality is definitely out there, though it didn't fit in with the reason I made the poll. I do wonder though, if females are more likely to be bisexual and males are more likely to be homosexual, which gender is more likely to be asexual? Maybe it's even.