Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I think I pissed my girlfriend off.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    I like cakes.
    Plural.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is why committed relationships suck! As if your girlfriend doesn't look at other men and become attracted to them.

You wait your girlfriend out and see if she's the type that won't ever let you even look at other women. If she breaks up with you because (essentially) you're not gay (and not the better reason that you broke the (supposedly) explicit verbal contract of fidelity), I personally think you've dodged a bullet.

I would never apologize for being straight and finding attractive women attractive. For the females about to tear me a new orifice, if we swapped genders and a guy comes in here telling how his girlfriend was like 'he's so hunky I wish he and I had a tryst before we met', how would you tell us to react?

I like cakes.
    I'll just quote PG here, but this applies to a lot of the other posts in this thread.

You all are taking all this the wrong way and are just not getting it. We're not saying that you can't find other girls attractive - that would be unrealistic - or that you wish you could hump them....(even though the person that you are with is the one that you truly love and would never actually follow through on your thoughts). However, you don't have to actually speak these words because once spoken they really can't be taken back. Not speaking them is not lying. It's being respectful of your current love.

Guys quit spamming up the thread please.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Psy's post is at least as inappropriate as the one i got a warning for.

*WHINE*
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

This thread is made of BAWWW and lawl.

It humors me much.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Psy's post is at least as inappropriate as the one i got a warning for.

*WHINE*
    I don't see a warning for you in this thread.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

In answer to the thread: Yes, you did. Make amends.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    This is why committed relationships suck! As if your girlfriend doesn't look at other men and become attracted to them.

You wait your girlfriend out and see if she's the type that won't ever let you even look at other women. If she breaks up with you because (essentially) you're not gay (and not the better reason that you broke the (supposedly) explicit verbal contract of fidelity), I personally think you've dodged a bullet.

I would never apologize for being straight and finding attractive women attractive. For the females about to tear me a new orifice, if we swapped genders and a guy comes in here telling how his girlfriend was like 'he's so hunky I wish he and I had a tryst before we met', how would you tell us to react?

I like cakes.
    I'll just quote PG here, but this applies to a lot of the other posts in this thread.

You all are taking all this the wrong way and are just not getting it. We're not saying that you can't find other girls attractive - that would be unrealistic - or that you wish you could hump them....(even though the person that you are with is the one that you truly love and would never actually follow through on your thoughts). However, you don't have to actually speak these words because once spoken they really can't be taken back. Not speaking them is not lying. It's being respectful of your current love.

Guys quit spamming up the thread please.
    I can agree with this view too. I never took the context of what he said into account. I'm not even sure if there's a way to tactfully express that you find another person sexually attractive (staring at somebody else is pretty tactless, for example).

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um. My boyfriend and I talk about other girls being attractive and it's fine. DUH, he's gonna find other girls attractive. That's just a given.

That's not what the situation in this thread is about.

Thinking someone is attractive is NOT the same thing as expressing regret over not taking the chance to smurf somebody and wishing you had before your current relationship started. If my boyfriend looks at an attractive girl and says, "yeah, she's pretty. I'd probably do her." even that is different from him looking at a girl and sadly saying, "aww man. I wish I could be hitting THAT. =/"

It's as big a difference as "I don't think that dress looks good on you" and "I don't get why you're always wearing dresses, your body is too fat for that kind of stuff."

I can't understand why so many guys in this thread are focusing on things like honesty vs. lying and oversensitivity over finding other girls attractive when that's not even what it's all about.

Articles

Perhaps this is more of a philosophical question. How can you know how each person is going to react or say until they are put in such situation? You can have thoughts about it now but until that exact moment came, even your own statements now can't be certain.

Contradictions are easy to run into but then again I know I sound so skeptic.

I believe it was wrong on a moral, social, and emotional standard. If you are one that appeals to those (as most humans do) then the behavior emitted should not have been warranted.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd just like to take time to point out something that y'all seem to have missed:

Casey's girlfriend is not your girlfriend/boyfriend.

I would be a bit -_- if my girlfriend said something like "I wish I'd done Jack before we started going out", but I wouldn't soil myself for three days straight and ignore her. She'd probably be even more -_- than me if I said what Casey said, but she wouldn't ignore me for three days either.

The fact that Casey's girlfriend does choose to ignore him does not make her a stupid over-sensitive bitch. She is not the Devil reincarnate. She just doesn't appreciate her boyfriend regretting not having the chance to bang some other chick. Some women are like that. "Crazy, I know. :rolleyes2" <-- this is sarcasm.

The fact that Casey was so blunt and brutally honest does not make him a disrespectful woman-beating bastard. His ignorance of the female psyche is a bummer, yes, but it doesn't instantly turn him into a monster. I'm fairly good with most women, and usually say the right thing at the right place (or omit the right thing at the right place), but I understand less than 1% of their thoughts. Casey's ignorance and his girlfriends sensitivity are no reason to get out the pitchforks and flaming torches, kids.

Here's what I think Casey should do (just in case he doesn't have the resources to do Psy's idea ): get your girlfriend in private. Apologise for what you did wrong ("I'm really sorry that I hurt your feelings" is something like what you'll want to say). Then ask her why what you said hurt her, whilst explaining that you don't understand women that well. If she once again soils herself for your asking her to try to help you understand her, do whatever is necessary to complete Psychotic's idea. Or explain to her in dummy dum-dum words that men think differently to women, and you are particularly oblivious to their thought process. Once again: this doesn't make you a jerk. The fact that you're talking to your girlfriend in order to understand her better makes you better than most, and she should appreciate that. When you've got why what you said was wrong, apologise shockedly ("Oh my God, really? Oh crap, I'm so so sorry!"), then enjoy the wonder that is make-up and "You understand me so well!" sex combined.

Seriousness aside, this really should've been put in EoEO, dude. It stops the plebians getting into hissy fits about Maxx's extremely subtle sense of humour. As a side-note for Maxx: you'll have to apologise to those here that didn't understand you were joking. I didn't, for one. The problem is that we can't see your face or hear your tone of voice, so all we have to go on is your words. That said, I still hardly think that the "MAXX U smurfING JERK! DATS NOT FUNNEH!" reactions were slightly over the top.[/rant]

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Like I said in another thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Emotions are for WUSSIES.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the fact that a number of the females here have expressed the idea that they would have reacted similarly tends to the fact that it's a common reaction and that she isn't a hyper sensitive bitch.

Rubah is right, unfortunately most women are crazy.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I think the fact that a number of the females here have expressed the idea that they would have reacted similarly tends to the fact that it's a common reaction and that she isn't a hyper sensitive bitch.
    Well, I think my only problem with her reaction is that she didn't talk to him for three days. Women should never, ever, ever, ever, do the not talking thing. I don't care how much he has upset you. It's childish and stupid so just don't do it!

You're not going to get an apology because the guy will have no idea that he did anything wrong, or if he does realise this from the whole not talking thing, he won't realise what it is. Just straight out tell him what he did was wrong and why, and then if he has any decency he'll apologise. Yeah yeah not talking to him to punish him blah blah blah...save the pair of you some annoyance and wasted days by being up front.

Oh what a serious post. What I meant to say was ha ha ha who gave women the vote? Ho ho ho hee hee hee.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Rubah is right, unfortunately most women are crazy.
    Raebus is right, unfortunately we can't get women to understand they're crazy.
    Figaro Castle