View Poll Results: Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disgaea 3

2 4.26%
  • Dragon Quest IX

3 6.38%
  • Fable 2

6 12.77%
  • Fallout 3

7 14.89%
  • Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria

1 2.13%
  • The Last Remnant

4 8.51%
  • Persona 4

5 10.64%
  • Tales of Vesperia

2 4.26%
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

7 14.89%
  • White Knight Chronicles

6 12.77%
  • World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

2 4.26%
  • Zoids Assault

0 0%
  • Other(Post which!)

1 2.13%
  • Too close to call!

1 2.13%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which rpg are you looking forward to most for Fall 2008?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Wrath of the Lich King, yea.

I would be more exited about Fallout 3 if it wasn't a series that thrives on dialog being developed by a publisher known for anything but.

I guess if worse comes to worst we'll still get a post-apocalyptic Oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    I would be more exited about Fallout 3 if it wasn't a series that thrives on dialog being developed by a publisher known for anything but.

I guess if worse comes to worst we'll still get a post-apocalyptic Oblivion.

Even if the game is an Oblivion clone the pipboy bobble head that comes with the special edition will more than make up for this.

I'd actually be horrified if it was an Oblivion clone but I'm willing to give Bethesda the benefit of the doubt.

Only White Knight Story
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It's popular because it's the direct sequel to the best RPG on the Game Cube. :P
    Sorry, but Skies of Arcadia: Legend isn't getting a Sequal.

You don't know that, and SoA turned into a series of incredibly boring and incredibly frequent random battles with a lot of wandering once you hit Ixa'Taka.
    And despite these admitted problems it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fable 2 may be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Hoping to spend alot of time on Dragon Quest IX, and the Last Remnant has me really interested, i'll definately be picking that one up. But with so many good games coming out this year, I doubt I'll even be done with FFIV or TA2 on the DS before I get ready for the next round of RPGs. Not to mention the Sonic game for the DS, too.
    This is excellent! I've been waiting a long time for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Final Fantasy IV, I can barely stand it!

Sonic RPG seems popular, I have to check more info.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It's popular because it's the direct sequel to the best RPG on the Game Cube. :P
    Sorry, but Skies of Arcadia: Legend isn't getting a Sequal. :p

You don't know that, and SoA turned into a series of incredibly boring and incredibly frequent random battles with a lot of wandering once you hit Ixa'Taka.
    And despite these admitted problems it's one of the best RPGs ever made.
    Considering, once you hit those problems, the only thing to continue playing for is the faint hope that it'll eventually fix itself, no, it's not one of the best RPGs ever. People gasmed over it because it was either that or Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.

I'd just like to add that Grandia II was better than Skies of Arcadia.

The only games from the list are the two Tales games: Vesperia and Symphonia 2, because next to Final Fantasy, tales is my favorite RPG series. And I dont know much about DQ IX to make me consider it(even though I do like the DQ series)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Wow, that's a tough one. I'm really looking forward to Persona 4, The Last Remnant, and the two Tales games. If I had to pick one though, it would be Persona 4.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering, once you hit those problems, the only thing to continue playing for is the faint hope that it'll eventually fix itself, no, it's not one of the best RPGs ever. People gasmed over it because it was either that or Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.
    Really? I continued playing because it was an expansive and immersive world filled with memorable characters, a plot I cared about, boss fights that challenged me, beautiful scenery, exquisite music, brilliant ship-to-ship battles, epic scale, awesome enemies, a huge amount of exploration to do (nevermind that the game itself was constant exploration), and the general level of polish and quality in the game. The fact that random encounters were more numerous than I'd have liked does detract from that - but not that much.

I'd definately say Skies was the best RPG from the Dreamcast or Gamecube, but I wouldn't say one of the best ever made.

I do have much love for it though, represent.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Really? I continued playing because it was an expansive and immersive world filled with memorable characters, a plot I cared about, boss fights that challenged me, beautiful scenery, exquisite music, brilliant ship-to-ship battles, epic scale, awesome enemies, a huge amount of exploration to do (nevermind that the game itself was constant exploration), and the general level of polish and quality in the game. The fact that random encounters were more numerous than I'd have liked does detract from that - but not that much.
    Yeah, no. The only thing I can agree with you about in that paragraph is the ship battles. Maybe the bosses, though none of them were all that tough, just usually time-consuming (and not really common enough). The random battles were a huge problem for me because it felt like I spent more time waiting for the first target>all ability than doing... pretty much anything else. What you see as exploration comes off to me as mindless wandering, looking for the next goal. Memorable characters? I suppose if you mean that repetition is a good way to remember things. Who was your favourite, the lovable Pirate with a heart of gold? (If so, which one?) The energetic female sidekick? The mysterious girl with the "strange" clothes who's too sweet to live? The plot? Were you 10 when you played Skies of Arcadia? Because that's the only way I can see that plot being appealing. It was like a Disney movie. It's just a really poor-quality game. It's one of the few games I own that I haven't completed.

I know too little about these games :(