VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Two-timer

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Screw that, I have a cheat cartridge that works sometimes. I got it for Ł worth of Midget Gems.

I too have a cheat cartridge with a cheat that causes Mew to appear in the wild 100% of the time
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Blog Entries
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I love aqua too. I loved barbie girl so hard I bought a used cd at hastings, and then I loved the entire cd so hard I bought their second cd, but it wasn't as good. I should listen to it again now because my music tastes have probably changed to where I like more of the songs on it.

I also have eiffel 65's cd and I love all of it too. Supposedly Blue takes its sample from a song called something like 'I died in alberquerque', or so my happycore friend told me several years ago. I could never find any evidence on google at the time to the proof, but google didn't have quite as much on it back then. i think I'll look it up again.

Aquarium: Happy Boys & Girls
    My Oh My (probably my favorite)
    Barbie Girl
    Doctor Jones
    Heat Of The Night
    Lollipop (Candyman)
    Roses Are Red

I started singing roses are red to myself while typing this xD

also whoa, apparently eiffel had more cds. I never knew! I guess they weren't released in the US xD

..as a Dane I've become so tired of listening to Barbie Girl, though.

Also, anyone remember this? xD

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Super Nintendo.

[q=Blue Harvest]Charizard pwns Jynx. Type advantage ftw [/q]
    To be fair, Charizard is Fire/Flying, and Jynx's Ice attacks would pwn the Flying-type of Charizard. Too bad for Jynx that Charizard is faster and would KO it before the poor Jynx could even do anything. Assuming similar experience level, of course.
    Actually, that isn't exactly true. *whips out the before-mentioned self-proclaimed competitive battling expertise card*

It's true that the maximum speed of Jynx is 317 while Charizard's max is 328, but no two Pokémon are the same. Not every one will reach their maximum potential in any given stat. That is why they applied Natures to all Pokémon in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on, so people who actually cared can take advantage of that to raise them to full potential in a given stat.

Now, it's also true that in a type matchup, Charizard's Fire/Flying has the definite advantage over the Ice/Psychic types Jynx has. Fire is strong against Ice, but Ice is strong against Flying, though this is negated to a neutral weakness by the Fire type, which is resistant to Ice.

However, in a flat-out battle, someone who uses Jynx intelligently can surely give Charizard a run for his money. You're forgetting some of the moves Jynx has that gives her (all Jynx are female) an almost unfair advantage against Charizard. Jynx learns Lovely Kiss, which can put Charizard to sleep so Jynx has a chance to use one of the most useful (and annoying) moves in the game-- Calm Mind. This raises Special Attack and Special Defense by one level per use. Now, sleep doesn't last forever, but with any luck you can get at least 2 Calm Minds in before Charizard wakes up. When it does, the move any smart Charizard user would use would be a strong Fire type, because that's what would normally hurt Jynx pretty bad despite her very nice Special Defense stat. However, after a couple of Calm Mind buffs, Flamethrower or Fire Blast won't do that much, and now you have a couple of options. You can a) put Charizard to sleep again so you can use Calm Mind again or even Dream Eater, a move that is already strong as it is, but is even stronger because of Jynx' Psychic type, which will also heal you while hurting Charizard in a pretty bad way, b) attack with Water Pulse or Ice Beam, which have chances of added effects, or c) if you're taking the no-attack route, Mean Look + Perish Song, then switch out. However, if this is one-on-one, that would be a dumb move. I personally would use the Lovely Kiss+Calm Mind+Dream Eater combo.

Obviously, I'm going off of Diamond/Pearl statistics here, because I couldn't find stats on Serebii.net on Red/Blue/Yellow Pokémon. Also, most of the moves I mentioned for Jynx are either newer moves or TM-only moves, but since when does anyone use uncustomized Pokémon in a competitive battle?

Bottom line: If you go by straight-stock statistics and facts, yes, Charizard would win because of it's type advantage over Ice. However, a well-trained and customized Jynx can run circles around Charizard before it's even able to attack twice.

Sometimes I scare myself when I look back and realize I actually went out of my way to learn this stuff. I'm such a nerd.

Blog Entries

Who gives a crap, Pokemon sucks balls.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

*Ignores the above comment*

Now that I think about it, wasn't fire weak against ice in red & blue? If it was then a Charizard vs. Jynx battle would be a lot more even.
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    *Ignores the above comment*

Now that I think about it, wasn't fire weak against ice in red & blue? If it was then a Charizard vs. Jynx battle would be a lot more even.
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's been the same all along.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Charizard are destroyed by Golem.

Aqua was so awful. All of their songs about that girl swooning over that guy who was so freaking obviously gay.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Aqua was so awful. All of their songs about that girl swooning over that guy who was so freaking obviously gay.

Their voices were ridiculous...

"come on barbie, lets go barbie."
    "ah-ah-ah-yeah".....
    I <3 Monkey Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by capricious View Post
    Their voices were ridiculous...
    You shoulda heard my friend's band singing it
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    xD