Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: You All Make Friends Too Easily

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll be friends with you online when you give enough of a damn to talk to me.

In real life, I tend to be more sociable, but there's a difference between an acquaintance and a friend.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I still say it's easier to make friends online than offline. I'd be a very bored person if it wasn't for the people I talk to routinely on MSN/AIM, like Roto, Vermachtnis, Tavrobel, Rye, Allie, Paul, Jeremy, Huxley, Aicha, Tasura, etc.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The people who can get past my outter queit shell and into my gooey immature center I consider them friends. That holds more for real life then online. Online I'm goofy to everyone whether you want me there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    The people who can get past my outter queit shell and into my gooey immature center I consider them friends. That holds more for real life then online. Online I'm goofy to everyone whether you want me there or not.
    Same with me.

I find it much easier to make friends online because I'm much more outgoing, though I still have absolutely no social skills.

IRL, I'm very shy and incapable of starting a conversation with anyone I don't know. As a result, some people consider me snobby and stuck-up. I have few actual friends, but quite a few acquaintances. Also, I'm what you could call an "acquired taste" person. I take a little getting used to. Most of my close friends didn't even like me when they first met me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Well, it's harder for me to make friends online than offline. IRL I have some very good friends and generally moderate social skills, whereas on the internet I always make zero friends, discussions I have with people suddenly fall flat, and nobody is even remotely interested in talking to me again.

I have been on this site now for some time, and it's still hard for me to just jump into a discussion, because I always get the feeling I'm just being left out and nobody wants to hear my opinion.

I actually feel kinda the same way lol.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A friend is a person that will trust me to hold a knife to their throat and caress their adam/eve's apple with the blade. Unfortunately I got bitten by a dog a couple years ago so my limbs and face are a bit spastic, so when I first find a real friend I often end up losing him pretty quick.

whoa! Levian...that's heavy stuff

i don't have anybody on my 'friends' list...i wouldnt feel right adding people cos i dont know how they feel about me, etc. and they're not really a 'friend' anyway...they don't know me at all...

and im going with the immature thing ^^^ i can be mega-immature around people im comfortable with

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Most of the people on my friends list I sometimes talk to on msn or posted in my usernotes a lot.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm adding everyone who looks at my profile.

Though I do like everyone at EoFF, so it's really not that big a deal.

I make friends way easy in real life. I can pretty much talk to anyone at any time about anything.

I class anyone who takes the time to talk to me as a friend.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I'm just a popularity whore. I'll accept any friend request. Seriously, add me, I won't say no.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

You're right, Evastio. I'm removing all my so called 'friends' from my friends list right now. You're really my enemies with secret identities and disguises to hide your true colours, and just when you think we're close enough to be brothers you're gonna come around and cut my throat when I'm not looking.

what is life

i'm tired of life

there was a picture here

I have a lot of people on my online friends who I don't talk to that often, and some who I don't talk to at all outside of user notes. They're all nice people, but I wouldn't call the same relationship a "friendship" in real life, just because we don't get to know each other all that well.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I don't try to make friends offline. Sometimes I try to actually be a loner. But it always happens -- I always make friends.

Online, I have a lot of friends because my personality is so 'loud' (obnoxious) that invariably people add me to see what's up.