View Poll Results: Whats your favorite military branch?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marines

11 40.74%
  • Army

6 22.22%
  • Airforce

8 29.63%
  • Navy

2 7.41%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite military branch?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Mobile Infantry plz.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

airforce => early astronauts

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always wanted to be in the airforce as a kid but nothing other than fighter pilot would satisfy me and I am sorry to say not that good at physics. I could have done a lot better but a teacher essentially caused me to rebel in his classes thus not doing much to pass physics damn my childish behaviour aged 13 for not allowing me to get the job I'd have loved to do.

I considered joining the army but my best mates mom used to be a sargeant and when we spoke about it she said I'd be good in the army and enjoy it but only if I learnt to control my tongue since I'm way too sarcastic for my own good and in the army that would land me in lots of trouble. I also would probably end up in logistics and well the idea of merely being a clerk responsible for the shipping of goods is not a nice idea.

Navy appeals to me because I like the idea of sailing around the world going port to port. However as stated by others, being on a ship where you have no choice about your role and it could be waste disposal 24/7 is not fun also restricted shore leave = sucky.

In a gross wrongdoing by the british government I actually now earn more money in retail than the average basic army trooper earns per hour. I'm still on probation in my job and when my wages go up at the end of it I'll be earning over £1 an hour more. When you consider 37.5 hours a week work, with my holidays ect at 7.73 an hour it's a lot more than a soldier gets paid and I don't have to get shot at in my job.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the SAS. Particularly, my country's SAS. Respected as one the best special forces groups in the world. Awesome stuff.

Lack of Coast Guard = epic fail.

Both of my parents were kinda in the Air Force so I'm gonna go with that. Plus I got to live in Japan for a while cause of the Air Force.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

SAS > anything else ever. Did anyone see that SAS vs. Marines or something thing on TV. SAS were all done drinking tea by the time the Americans finished. xD

That was probably the happiest moment in my life. I'm very competitive when it comes to things I can't and don't do.

e.g. WHAT THE smurf REF?!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Airforce, as a lot of my family have been in the RAAF. I have crap all knowledge of armed forces, so I'm not adding any other comments

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Military uniforms look hot, but other than that I'm generally not a fan of the military.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Being in the military is the last thing on my mind. I'm not a physical activity person cause I'm well, too damn lazy. Maybe the Army and be a medic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IBPengwynZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loinharte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    my bad i only do research on the best...Marines, im not disin anybody who r not in or joining the Marines and i respect all of the armed forces wether it be Army, Navy, Marines, or Airforce
    If you didn't do any research on the others than how do you know that the Marines are the best? I won't even say that they actually are the best, they are just the best for me. I know this because I immersed myself in research in making such a big decision.

Airforce would be my second choice, btw. Actually, they probably would have been my first, but I neglected too much in school to make that work for me the way I would want it too.
    then its been said the Marines are awesome. but i just started doin research im goin to look into the other forces. I think ill go with the Marines even with researching the others
    I think you'll fit in really well with the Marines.
    thanx. i new thw marines r for me

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IBPengwynZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    my bad i only do research on the best...Marines, im not disin anybody who r not in or joining the Marines and i respect all of the armed forces wether it be Army, Navy, Marines, or Airforce
    If you didn't do any research on the others than how do you know that the Marines are the best? I won't even say that they actually are the best, they are just the best for me. I know this because I immersed myself in research in making such a big decision.

Airforce would be my second choice, btw. Actually, they probably would have been my first, but I neglected too much in school to make that work for me the way I would want it too.
    then its been said the Marines are awesome. but i just started doin research im goin to look into the other forces. I think ill go with the Marines even with researching the others
    I think you'll fit in really well with the Marines.
    thanx. i new thw marines r for me
    > >; Bunny made the comment because.. people who are in the marine's or who are large fans of the marine's without good knowledge of other branches tend to be OBSENELY biased.
    Granted, it can be said that all people who prefer a certain part of a branch are biased but it's usually their reasons.

Basically, you having done no research on other branches and using the idea that "the marine's are awesome" as your reasoning for wanting to join and being so gun-ho about it, is what would make you a good Marine, because really NOTHING is going to sway you out of the "OMG MARINE'S" mindset.

Personally, when I was looking into joining a military branch, I was going to join the Navy. Obviously the fact I have an army recruiter bro-in-law who's been like my older brother for 10 years and that I married a man who was recruited into the army by my bro-in-law makes me very biased. But biased or not, I still am able to admit that I would PERSONALLY prefer the Navy, not because of reasons that "they are awesome" more so because the Army's just not my idea of how I'd want to spend my life, where as being on a boat for mass amounts of times is. While the Army has been apart of my life for the past ten years (my sister and bro-in-law basically raised me), I still believe the Navy is my cup of tea, even with all the Army influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    > >; Bunny made the comment because.. people who are in the marine's or who are large fans of the marine's without good knowledge of other branches tend to be OBSENELY biased.
    Granted, it can be said that all people who prefer a certain part of a branch are biased but it's usually their reasons.

Basically, you having done no research on other branches and using the idea that "the marine's are awesome" as your reasoning for wanting to join and being so gun-ho about it, is what would make you a good Marine, because really NOTHING is going to sway you out of the "OMG MARINE'S" mindset.

Personally, when I was looking into joining a military branch, I was going to join the Navy. Obviously the fact I have an army recruiter bro-in-law who's been like my older brother for 10 years and that I married a man who was recruited into the army by my bro-in-law makes me very biased. But biased or not, I still am able to admit that I would PERSONALLY prefer the Navy, not because of reasons that "they are awesome" more so because the Army's just not my idea of how I'd want to spend my life, where as being on a boat for mass amounts of times is. While the Army has been apart of my life for the past ten years (my sister and bro-in-law basically raised me), I still believe the Navy is my cup of tea, even with all the Army influences.
    Actually I made the comment because of the "Marines are stupid" stereotype. Now that I've explained my post, the mods are going to harp on me or something crazy like that. Thanks a lot for interpreting my post wrong and getting me in trouble.

Also, the Navy isn't purely about being on a ship (which is the phrase you should use when talking about the Navy, otherwise you will get yelled at by anyone in the Navy). The 3 years that I spent in the military were all spent on shore at a station that was never even visited by a ship. Also, there is a good chance that you would get sent over to Afghanistan, Iraq, or Africa because we are currently in a time of war. The only way to get out of being sent over there is to have a good medical reason not to go. Pregnancy is a good one, having a child is not. I know two people in particular (husband and wife), who were both sent over to Afghanistan and Africa, respectively, despite having two children under the age of 5. Also, from what I have gathered from talking to people who have been assigned sea duty, it is both the most horrifyingly difficult experience of ones life and also the greatest. I never understood the latter.

P.S. About the Warzone thing, it doesn't matter if your job is clerical or airplane mechanic or pilot, during a time of war the chances of you being sent over to the Middle East are about 85% without a good medical excuse.

edit: Also I use Also a lot.

Navy SEALs are also pretty badass.