Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greyhound Bus!

Default The Greyhound Bus!

Zoop!
    Last edited by Ko Ko; 03-15-2009 at 11:18 AM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am terrified of all public transport except for trains. Don't ask me why, but I am. But since my parents are taking away my car before I go to college, I'll have to take them to do things. LOL!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Because the bus trip would be typically 12-13 hours and would depart at 10pm as opposed to 9 hours by car (and departs when I have had a good night's rest), I plan to drive to NYC.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

The only slightly amusing story would be when I was getting a train back to St Helens from Wigan after a rock club, it was quite late, so we didn't fancy getting the bus back as it's nearly an hour, so we got the train. I bought my ticket on the 'quick buy' as I had no spare change, so charged it to my card, when we got on the train the woman came down and was saying "You have all your tickets, they are IN YOUR POCKETS, aren't they?" and I was going No, mine's here.. ;-; and she carried on "No, they are in your pockets, right?". So all my friends got on a train for free, and poor me had to PAY. I was so peeved xD

Once a bus I was on was pulled over by the police because a man they had been chasing had got on xD

He tried to kick his way through the window but the bus had like SUPA strong glass, he ended up just twisting his ankle xD

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    The only slightly amusing story would be when I was getting a train back to St Helens from Wigan after a rock club, it was quite late, so we didn't fancy getting the bus back as it's nearly an hour, so we got the train. I bought my ticket on the 'quick buy' as I had no spare change, so charged it to my card, when we got on the train the woman came down and was saying "You have all your tickets, they are IN YOUR POCKETS, aren't they?" and I was going No, mine's here.. ;-; and she carried on "No, they are in your pockets, right?". So all my friends got on a train for free, and poor me had to PAY. I was so peeved xD
    I dont understand what she meant!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ko Ko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    I dont understand what she meant!
    Oh, she was going to let us all on without paying for tickets, and if anyone asked they were in our pockets, but I'd already bought my ticket on the station.

I took the Megabus to and from the midwest meetup. While I can't say there were many exciting stories, it was one of the most frustarating experiences I've ever had. It was mostly a select group of people yelling at the bus driver both ways, when really there wasn't any reason to. Well, except maybe on the way back when we were already late and the driver stopped for "restroom breaks" even though he was though only one who got off the bus so he could have a smoke.

Ew hate to hear that about Greyhound, I was thinking of using them for the Northeast meet up.

For the Midwest though I too used a Megabus. Nothing very exciting. On the way home the bus was late to come and was a Coach Bus, not a Megabus, and it had a little less leg room which sucked. We also had a few angry people on the bus cause the bus was late. We also couldn't get the bus to work for like 10 minutes at the only rest stop we took. Over all not very exciting, but not bad considering it was for under 100 bucks.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our college bus is now known as the Sex Bus. I don't know why. But it gave me an excuse to draw some epic Paint bus prons.

I also drew a sad face on a banana and hung it out the window. Buses rule. I get chatted up by crazy old ladies on them all the time, and I love it. That's actually true.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

Greyhound is terrible but I take it at least once a month. Sometimes they can be quite nice, and I like that it's air conditioned and you have plenty of leg room with comfy seats, but there's off schedule so much that it's extremely frustrating.

Once the Greyhound bus I was supposed to take broke down for like, 7 hours, so I had to take a different bus that was hours and hours behind, and then I got stuck at my transfer for a whole day too because they didn't have enough buses going back to my hometown and the one they did have was late. xD It was lame.

I wrote Greyhound an angry email after that demanding my money back and they never replied, and I would sooo like to boycott them or something but I just can't D; It's the most convenient way to get places.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

I have no public bus stories, but back when I was in 8th grade we were on a field trip and our bus plowed through a toll booth snapping that guard stick thingy clean off :P
    *Insert epic sig here*

I went on a Train journey that was supposed to last 5 hours.... I got lost at london Kings X and went round london a few times before having to start again.... ended up taking 10 hours. :/ but it was worth it
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

the TGV was pretty nice, except it was an hour late the first time I took it >:[ flawless trip on the way home though~

the city buses were pretty nice, and the metro in Paris was useful if reaaaaally crowded with drunk people on a saturday night ^_^

and that's about the extent of my public transport funtimes.

This year on the late bus home from my school (which may I say is reserved for people in sports) Well the driver let two kids on who he knew weren't in sports with only a firm talking to. (Which I got kicked off later in the year when I was no longer in sports). Well these two people had full blown sex on the bus. Very loud very noticeable. Oh and these two people were freshmen.