Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fourth wall? WHAT fourth wall?

Default Fourth wall? WHAT fourth wall?

I was about to leave Lindblum with Zidane Vivi and Freya after Garnet poisoned me, and I happened to be walking 'round the business district and I ran into one woman who said "I don't make much money selling pots,but I have fun. How about you? Are you having fun doing what you're doing?" At this point you get a choice "Yes, I am." or "No, this game sucks." If you chose the latter the woman then tells you to go buy another game.

For the thread topic, what are some of the funniest moments you remember from this game?

lol, that is so awesome.

I love the bits with Eiko and Amarant in Treno. Steiner is gold throughout and Zidane makes a few amusing quips (as well as pinches!). Quina is absolutely crazy, I love the bit where Eiko fishes he/r out of the water.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Yeah, Steiner and Zidane have me laughing throughout most of the game.

You know, if there was one thing I wish more FFs had, its comedy. Part of what made FFIX such a great experience for me was the comedy. The jokes were straight up my alleyway and personally I didn't think the humour detracted from the serious aspects of the game. In a way, the humour heightened the contrast.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I think the funniest moment was Quina's "..... I... so happy....", but there is a bunch of good competition.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Along the lines of breaking the 4th wall, I like when Zidane is in the weapons shop in Lindblum and seeing a big sword on the wall, says: "I used to know a guy with spiky hair who carried a sword like this..."

Quina and Vivi getting married is hilarious, as is any time when Zidane winds up Steiner by calling him Rusty and similar names. Baku getting Doctor Tot's name wrong repeatedly is another favourite.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Quina and Vivi getting married is hilarious, as is any time when Zidane winds up Steiner by calling him Rusty and similar names.
    It somewhat loses it's affect if you name him Rusty like I did once.
    "R-RUSTY?? I AM SIR ADELBERT RUSTY!!!"

I remember on Arcane's first playthrough of the game he named Dagger 'BigMama'. It was kinda funny when Zidane said at the end, "Bring my beloved BigMama to me!"

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Baku getting Toot's (It's Tot.) name wrong was pretty good.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Quina and Vivi getting married is hilarious, as is any time when Zidane winds up Steiner by calling him Rusty and similar names.
    It somewhat loses it's affect if you name him Rusty like I did once.
    "R-RUSTY?? I AM SIR ADELBERT RUSTY!!!"
    Agreed. I did that once and it gets hard at times to remember if he's using the nickname or the real name.
    Figaro Castle

You should call him 'Rustalot'. That way there's no confusion and its still funny.

clicky clicky clicky

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

I remember that I've always named Garnet, "Garnet" instead of Dagger. It's fun when she's trying to be covert as Dagger and people call her Garnet.

I like the whole Cid as a frog part in Desert Palace. He's so helpless.

(Yes, I'm grasping at strings, lol. People took all the good ones. xD)

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Ooh! Here's a good one too. Name Amarant Homo.

"Some call me the Flaming Homo."

"Is that THE Flaming Homo?!"

"So the Flaming Homo has a soft spot for kids, huh?"

"People who eat pickles are good people" - possibly the greatest quote of all time.

Also when Kuja's about to throw Eiko into the lava pit in his palace and he says something like:-

"And I do so love deceit!"

I thought that was fantastic.

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

The OP's talk of poison reminded me of when Garnet put the sleeping drug in the food and Steiner thinks he's being poisoned, even though his food didn't contain any.

clicky clicky clicky