Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why FFIX is the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biukin View Post
    but the only problem with it is that Fryea is a rat
    Master Splinter is a rat.

The music in IX is the best in any FF. I could sit for hours listening to the title screen track if it wasn't for the great game, which I have to leave the title screen in order to play.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Quote Originally Posted by Biukin View Post
    FFVII also has the highest amount of annoying fanboys too. How's that for statistics?
    Good Touche' that is all I have to say but my opinon still stands FFVII over FFIX well Fck my life nah it aint all bad but I will give FFIX another Pro the equipment system with the abilities but that is it I dont like any other character besides Vivi and I still dispise Stiener FCK STIENER

Steiner is god!!!

ok well thank you all and im not a hater of any Final Fantasy im a hater of the way the story is told and to me OPINON: I think they could have told the story better
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I certainly think they could have told a better story in terms of the characters back stories, and I also think the endgame was a little weak. I wanna hear more about the coolest characters like Freya and Amarant, and maybe a bit more info on Lani too. They seemed to hint at history with all these characters, but never bothered telling us what their history was.

The introduction to Terra was well done, I think, even though Terra itself was a little disappointing (although it did have three of the best tracks in the whole game). Worse still is the fact that "Oh yeah, Memoria and the Crystal and stuff" "CRAP WE NEED TO GO THERE NOW!" "Memoria has opened!" WHOOSH! Plot device.

I mean, really. They had a whole disc to mess around with there, and they only used a few hours of it for the whole end of the game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I like Eiko

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I certainly think they could have told a better story in terms of the characters back stories, and I also think the endgame was a little weak. I wanna hear more about the coolest characters like Freya and Amarant, and maybe a bit more info on Lani too. They seemed to hint at history with all these characters, but never bothered telling us what their history was.

The introduction to Terra was well done, I think, even though Terra itself was a little disappointing (although it did have three of the best tracks in the whole game). Worse still is the fact that "Oh yeah, Memoria and the Crystal and stuff" "CRAP WE NEED TO GO THERE NOW!" "Memoria has opened!" WHOOSH! Plot device.

I mean, really. They had a whole disc to mess around with there, and they only used a few hours of it for the whole end of the game.
    Just about everyone's history was explained. Freya's was mostly gone through the events of Burmecia and Cleyra. Amarant's you found out in Treno and in Terra.Eiko didn't have much just because she was six, but there was info provided about her parents and grandfather and the whole civilization that both revolved around her and Garnet. Well for Quina, she's really more for amusement. I thought the ending was wonderful and it wasn't much like the cast just decided to go to Memoria, they first made a trip to the Black Mage Village and started to decide what they were going to do there. Since mist covered the entire planet and they knew the source was the Iifa Tree, they naturally knew that was where the problem was coming from.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Amarant was an asshole security guard when he was framed by Zidane and then became a bounty hunter.

That is not a history.

I agree wit Quin no story to Amarant
    "Stay Your Hand The Girls Life Is Now Mine"

I never found Amarant very interesting to begin with. He just seems like another loner/wannabe/dark/trying-to-act-cool type [I apologize for making everyone hear me rant about this cliche character type yet again], which always annoys me every time I see it. He was just boring. On top of that, he looked pretty ugly and had an annoying attitude. I just didn't find anything attractive about his character or presentation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    loner/wannabe/dark/trying-to-act-cool type
    Emo.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think FFIX is up with VII and VIII as the best games in the series, they had the ATB remanants of the FF's that came before it, and were just as stylistically sophisticated as the games that came after it.

However, I sometimes think it's the weakest of the Playstation trilogy because the game doesn't take as many risks as the others did. Although, for this very reason it feels like the most complete game in the series.

In any event, FFIX is one of my favorite games and one of the key reasons why the Playstation is one of the best consoles of all time.

What I don't like about the game, is that a big portion of the story was left out.
    Anyone who had read the Ultimania knows what I'm talking about.

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

Where can I read the Ultimania? I found someone translated a few pages, but nothing that wasn't in the game already.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Where can I read the Ultimania? I found someone translated a few pages, but nothing that wasn't in the game already.
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...nslations.html

Question: Do you know why Kefka succeeded in destroying the planet?

Answer: Because the planet didn't fight back.

Yes, that was the translation I had read. As far as I remember, all of that was presented in the game.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."