Thread: Vanishga... what's the point?

Default Vanishga... what's the point?

It doesn't work. I turn every characters gambit off, but enemies still attack me.
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Mobs have up to four senses they can use to detect your presence. Vanish/ga negates the Vision sense but you can still be detected by Sound (footsteps), Life (some detect a character with less than 40% HP) and Magic (casting a spell).

Birds, Giants, Humanoids, Imperial Army, Insects and Materials only use Vision and Sound to detect you, and they have very poor sound detection. Insects also use Life so you can sneak by if your HP is greater than 40%.

So casting flow will help?

Do you have an answer to everything?
    "Guchi-guchi" said the little baby, and his mom mistakingly bought him an expensive bag

Blog Entries

Default march 12, 2009

When I used it I could tell I could get closer to enemies but if I got too close they would attack me. I still find it useful though. Does Float take away foot steps sound?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacarus View Post
    So casting [float] will help?
    Quite possibly. I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacarus View Post
    Do you have an answer to everything?
    "..."

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

floats only good for getting away from traps (and some atks i think). it doesnt prevent sound detection, i used both float and vanishga and enemys still attacked me.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vanish is the biggest fail in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    it doesnt prevent sound detection, i used both float and vanishga and enemys still attacked me.
    You may have been detected by other means. It doesn't necessarily mean Float doesn't prevent sound detection.

Take the Elementals, for example. You can walk right into them and they won't attack, but cast a magick while in their vicinity and they'll go nuts.

Vanishga is only usuable really for the path to zordiark and Deathscythe like ghost.

Example-The path to zordiark is full of Etems. Using vanishga on them make them go away..Thats on thing.

Etem............................ Vanish
    Last edited by Laxigr_Conclamos; 03-23-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    You ever wonder what happens when you leave the fight with yiazmat...? Me too.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

i don't find it useful. Epic Fail.

Nihopalaoa + Remedy FTW </pre>

SIGSIG