Thread: Pip pip pup!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Pip pip pup!

Rye has decided that she's getting a puppy when she returns from England and has a place of her own.

So now I'm doing some research and saving, so that I know exactly what kind I want and what I need and how much money I'll need to save.

I decided I want a little dog, a pomeranian. Very fluffy and pretty, they're very good for apartments. I've been obsessed with this idea and have been doing research non-stop, even though it'll be a year away until I can have this puppy. I've even found the breeder I picked already. I have an obsessive mind.

Have you ever had a puppy, or do you have one? What kind of dog do you have? Pix? What is your favorite dog. Talk about dogsss

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a bearded collie. He is called George. He is adorable.

We had a pomeranian for about a month and my mom couldn't deal with it and gave it away. Sad, yes... but it really was off the walls all the time (I half blame our inexperience and half blame the breeder). Not all pomeranians are like that, but from what I understand most smaller dogs are more energetic/active. And it's very important to find a good breeder, so good job.
    don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Awwwww.

Yeah, that's the problem with the toy breeds. They can be the sweetest dogs, but you really have to find a good breeder, because if you don't, they're absolutely neurotic. The breeder I found wants an arm and a leg for the dogs (I'd say $1000-2000 dollars, maybe $800 for an older puppy if I'm lucky), but I'd rather that and know the dog is healthy. Plus, the breeder I found starts the potty training, does the vaccinations, worming, microchipping, etc. Plus, you know she's good, because the American Kennel Club for Pomeranian named her in the top 10 best breeders in the country, and she breeds show doggies. =O

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Plus, the breeder I found starts the potty training, does the vaccinations, worming, microchipping, etc. Plus, you know she's good, because the American Kennel Club for Pomeranian named her in the top 10 best breeders in the country, and she breeds show doggies. =O
    Yeah, that sounds like a good breeder already. Honestly? It's worth forking over an extra couple hundred for a puppy from an honest breeder. When we bought ours we were pretty inexperienced, and at the time it seemed like all the cards were right for one. The breeder seemed honest enough, but she was breeding like a whole bunch and was selling them like a wholesale (more puppies = less attention paid to each).

Turns out training was really the hardest part, and even if the breeder starts off with at least a little bit of initial training, it's a good start especially if you've never owned a dog before.

WASSUP GUISE

He looks sad here but I assure you we spoiled him.
    Last edited by musashius; 06-10-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have a half Sharpei/half Norwegian elkhound, and I love him to death.

Really, he's what you get when you cross a dog with a rug and teddy bear tendencies.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, definitely worth it! The thing I like most about the breeder I found is that she breeds them in a way to eliminate some of the diseases and ailments that kind of come with Pomeranians, like certain knee and skin disorders, so that the puppies in her line don't have them. =O

My main concern with getting a puppy is mostly just time. I'll be in college and I'll probably have a small part time job on a few nights a week or the weekends. I need to figure out my schedule and make sure I have enough time. You can't leave a puppy alone for more than a few hours, so I need to make sure my classes are set in a way that I'm not on campus for 5 hours straight before I come back to my apartment. I'm sure it's easy enough to plan for, but I still want to make sure before I actually buy the pup. xD

EDIT: Amg, it's so cute. ;;

Yeah, especially since pomeranians are such princesses, you really need to spend a lot of time with them when they're young.

Personally I actually prefer bigger dogs like huskies. That's the kind of dog I want... I hear they shed a lot but I think they're really cool.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

<a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/muss1.jpg">me</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussie-beautifuldevotion.jpg">and</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussie-dogdays.jpg">my</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussie-familyportrait-a.jpg">mussie</a>.

<a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussie2.jpg">Mussie</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussie1.jpg">is</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussie5.jpg">half</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussiecamerabag.jpg">beagle</a> <a href="http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/mussieposed.jpg">and</a> half husky.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Big dogs are very sweet! We had a huge fluffy chow chow, when I was growing up. I guess he's kind of like the pomeranian I want, but a million times bigger and with a purple tongue! xD

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We had a doggy once, for a little while! His name was Valentine and he was a big doofy something or other. A mutt of some sort, mostly sighthound. He was a big dumb sweetie. But there was something wrong with his heart, and we found him dead one morning Nobody knew...

My first choice for a doggy would be something fairly big and tough. A husky or a lab, for instance. A real dog, you could say.

I'm too lazy to own a dog. I don't feel like taking care of it and playing with it and so forth. I'd rather spend my time and money on myself. :selfish:

i want a little scotty dog! one not to big because The cats wont forgive me if he's bigger then them.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I was looking around at dogs the other day and I think if I'm ever getting one, it'll probably either be a Spaniel or something larger, like a Labrador, Rottweiler or an ALASKAN MALAMUTE oh god they are adorable and sound like chewbacca I really wouldn't mind a mixed breed either though, a good personality (doggonality? animality?) is the only thing that really matters in the end.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Austrian Shepherds the best in terms of big dogs. They're absolutely BEAUTIFUL.